Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
8.5 performance today. Fair to say we wouldn't have won the match without his two goals in the first 3 minutes

Dante

Average bang
He's technically very good. I've never understood why people seem to think other otherwise.

McTominay's main weakness is trying overly ambitious passes to break the lines. It can look bad at times, but I don't mind him playing low percentage balls to makes chances.

Against Leeds, there was so much space that none of his passes (or runs) were low percentage. This is his ceiling with a bit more experience and confidence.

Dominos

Was playing like a man possessed today, his forward running and carrying the ball is always good but it really shone today with all the space out there. His pace is very underrated, covers ground very quickly.

Augustus Gloop

hopefully nothing serious.
Yeah that’s what I’m concerned about. Happens every fcking time he is striding into form (Brighton last year at home in which he was brilliant and then Newcastle at home when he did his knee in).

For me his best performance in a United shirt remains Chelsea away in the cup last year where he picked up a yellow within minutes, only to make 7 or so world class tackles throughout the rest of the game. Never seen a play so effectively walk a tightrope. Mentality and precision in spades.

DickDastardly

Easily the best game one of our players had the whole season.

Can't even compare him to anybody....his size is huge, yet he glides with ease.

If he could replicate this kind of performance week in week out....

Foxbatt

I would say his best game for United. He is quicker than he looks and today had very quick feet too. I didn't know that he has that kind of skills. He always had long range shooting.

tjb

If he can start doing those forward runs regularly, he would add a massive string to this bow.
i blame us. we have been asking him to play box to box. In addition, due to us not having a passing/holding midfielder, his weaknesses have been exposed. what he also showed is that unlike fred he can attack and isn't weak in being pressed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully its not a bit groin injury. That was a fantastic performance from him. His passing i don't think will ever be much more than safe and steady, which is fine, but he's shown a huge improvement with running with the ball progressively, dribbling, his shooting is excellent and overall just has brought so much to his game going forward.
Definitely a box to box player who provides a lot defensively but adding to his game offensively, but for a perfect balance we need that quality holding mid next to him who can pass it around properly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Always been a fan of him (under Ole in particular), but who even was that today? I can't remember seeing him play a game like that. It was almost Yaya Toure-like. Yaya was enormous, but he would just brush past players and smash goals in from the edge of the box. McT was doing exactly that. Top class.

Roboc7

He’s had a poor season so far but that was his best performance for us by a mile. I doubt him and Fred will ever get as much space in midfield again but they made it count.

Mctominay got to showcase his strengths today, he isn’t a holding midfielder and doubt he ever will be.

stu_1992

Absolutely collossal performance from him today. 2 great (albeit very different) goals to ensure we came absolutely flying out at the start of the game. His forward runs and running with the ball was a key feature all game. Also still got bavk for the defensive side. The lad ran himself into the ground, but I hope his injury is to too bad.

Walters_19_MuFc

The complete midfield performance. Wow!

Oh, and his second goal was phenomenal. The touch to set himself up for the shot was ridiculous.

Superb!

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still improving all the time. Hasn’t pleased many of the FPL stat junkies on here at times but has become a proper player.

A-man

I have always liked the guy but didn’t see this coming. Impressive performance throughout the game. Gave him 10/10 and I rarely give 10s.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Superb today. Doesn't break forward enough in some games, he has a good shot on him and needs to do it more now. Hope Ole gives him the push to more of box to box midfielder and not just a DM.

Mohbah88

Was playing like a man possessed today, his forward running and carrying the ball is always good but it really shone today with all the space out there. His pace is very underrated, covers ground very quickly.
His running into space was another level

bsCallout

I love that he hasn't ever sulked about being left out too, he just goes about trying to become better and give his all whenever he's on the pitch.

Easily one of my favourite players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The complete midfield performance. Wow!

Oh, and his second goal was phenomenal. The touch to set himself up for the shot was ridiculous.

Superb!
Gets better with each replay.

Trying to think of a similar midfielder you could compare that performance too. Not De Bruyne, because didn’t have the range of passing. Maybe peak Yaya Toure? Or Vieira?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Any news on the injury? Really hope it doesn’t keep him out, he’ll really want to keep going after that performance.

Walters_19_MuFc

Gets better with each replay.

Trying to think of a similar midfielder you could compare that performance too. Not De Bruyne, because didn’t have the range of passing. Maybe peak Yaya Toure? Or Vieira?
It really does. I've watched it so many times, too.

Based on the game today, it'd have to be Vieira, as he was much better defensively than Yaya Toure. The lad literally did everything today. Best individual performance I've seen from a deep midfielder in a while at United.

Devil may care

Undoubtedly his best offensive performance for United, the 2nd goal was top drawer and the way he carried the ball through midfield was very good as he also picked the right ball at the end, I feel the commentators discredited him a bit on the assist for James goal.

Web of Bissaka

His passing is shit.... genius observations by experts, wait next game where he play bad and the hounds will be out again howling "McT is average".

His ball-running/ball-carrying ability have always been that good. Good touches while he's on the run. He showed this last year before he gets injured, not in good proper form after that and it's good that he's showing that again in this game. It's fun seeing him carrying the ball upwards evading past players looking like easy thing to do. I know the quality of opposition this time is questionable yes, but he did it before against far better opposing teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.