5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raveneye

McTominay has a hell of a blast to unleash from his right foot. I wondered if the goal against Manchester City was a fluke, but turns out he's absolutely capable of shooting in the same way he sometimes passes like a bazooka. Unlike with the passes, which are hard to pick up cleanly, there's no such thing as a shot with too little power.

Would have thought McTominay the more physically suited ofbthe McFred pairing to sit deeper, but it turns out Fred has adapted better to the defensive pivot role and McTominay thrives when he's allowed to muscle his way forward.

Sylar

I'm still astonished that Bruno got 2 goals and assists and wasn't even the best midfielder in the game. Takes some doing

Strelok

He's fantastic against the press and has always been I think. Hope he's not injured.
I heard he was injured last match, his groin and would be out for a few weeks. Poor lad, played the game of his life then got injured.

Any news on his injury?

KennyBurner

Worthless player. Only good attribute is winning the ball which he failed to do for the first goal. backing off like a coward.

Hammondo

Did some good defensive work at times, but little else. We had worse players today.

Roboc7

Totally anonymous on and off the ball for best part of an hour. Like playing with ten men when we had ball and touch ball watching when Leicester had it. Really let Fred and Bruno down today and no idea what he was doing for the first equaliser.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Followed his best on-the-ball performance last week with a Mr Invisible match this one. Seemed to be almost deliberately standing behind Leicester players so our defenders couldn't pass it to him when we were trying to play it out, and I have no idea what he was doing for their first goal.

Idxomer

Followed his best on-the-ball performance last week with a Mr Invisible match this one. Seemed to be almost deliberately standing behind Leicester players so our defenders couldn't pass it to him when we were trying to play it out, and I have no idea what he was doing for their first goal.
He's been doing this since his promotion for the 1st team, closing up players without putting any pressure on them and letting them do whatever they want.

He's basically the anti-Carrick.

Ekeke

Gave Barnes too much space. We can talk about how good he was bursting forward with the ball and getting 2 goals against Leeds, but your right sided DM in a 4-2-3-1 is there to do exactly what McTominay didnt do for Leicester's first goal. Poor positioning and didnt react fast enough to pressure him

MadDogg

He's been doing then since his promotion for the 1st team, closing up players without putting any pressure on them and letting them do whatever they want.

He's basically the anti-Carrick.
Yeah, unless he's going for a 50/50 ball he does tend to just sit off and let them make basically whatever pass they want. It was especially noticeable today. Statistically he actually presses less than any of our other midfielders, even Pogba.

Classical Mechanic

Not to his usual high standards demonstrated in the Leeds game. Hopefully this is just a blip and he can go back to being one of the best b2b midfielders in the world
That’s the point though isn’t it, you can’t be B2B when the opposition is playing two holding midfielders and is mostly compact.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Superb last week, awful today. That's the issue, with not just him, a few players in the team. Should have come off, but kept on and offered nothing.

Kuba

We didnt have right.winger we played cb without any pracę at rb nad we nad McT in normal form on the right side. He played too deep his passing was not There as it usually is. Good back up player but brings nothing to creative part of our game. Last match he was fantastic making that runs and bringing The Ball forward i do not know if he did pass Centre line.

Red_toad

Shouldn’t have started today, poor selection by Ole, Matic would have been far better suited. Leicester targets him and pressured the living daylights out of him, until he vanished from the game. Still a good squad player, just shouldn’t have been selected today, I hope Ole learns from this, we need more control today, something McTommy nor Fred provide.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We could do with an upgrade. Shits on the ball.

I will repeat - should be tried as a right back. Competent on the ball and good defensive awareness

TsuWave

Not to his usual high standards demonstrated in the Leeds game. Hopefully this is just a blip and he can go back to being one of the best b2b midfielders in the world
:confused: joke post?

edit - yeah, it’s a joke post

Dinghy

This is more his true level than the Leeds-game. Gave Barnes all the time in the world to score. Let's hope this Caicedo guy is great at shielding a defence, cause Scotty McSauce certainly isn't.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Superb last week, awful today. That's the issue, with not just him, a few players in the team. Should have come off, but kept on and offered nothing.
Was thinking if lindelof didn't get injured, he'd have been hailed off

MadDogg

Didn’t get to watch it today, take it he returned to earth after last week’s anomaly?
He was actually quite a bit worse than normal. I'd actually be interested to see the stats as off the top of my head I can't remember a central midfielder making so few passes and having such little involvement. There's a reason so many people in here have used the word 'invisible' to describe his match.

lex talionis

Scotty didn’t look fit for this match. The acceleration wasn’t there and he looked more hesitant than normal. No one expected him turn in another Leeds performance but he just wasn’t really there today.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He was instructed to get forward more in the Leeds game. He was told to stay back more in this one. That’s he reason he didn’t close Barnes down perhaps.

TopBins

Did ok winning the ball but largely anonymous throughout the game. Very different to the more adventurous Tom we saw last week against Leeds. We had more of the ball today and unsurprisingly, he was unable to provide any offensive output.

He will definitely be good against teams like City, Leeds, Liverpool but for counter attacking sides like Leicester or Wolves, I think we have a certain Dutch midfielder who'll do a better job.

Idxomer

He was actually quite a bit worse than normal. I'd actually be interested to see the stats as off the top of my head I can't remember a central midfielder making so few passes and having such little involvement. There's a reason so many people in here have used the word 'invisible' to describe his match.
21 passes, 30 less than Fred, and also well behind the Leicester midfielders.

GenZRed

He had a great chance to nab the ball in the run up to their second goal yet he held off, possibly to retain defensive shape but still it proved costly.

OhGee

One decent performance against a shite Leeds side and he suddenly becomes the next Iniesta. Mctominay is a limited player who at best is a squad player. How he keeps players like Pogba and VDB on the bench is completely baffling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.