5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eire-red

The goals he's added to his game have elevated him above Matic and Fred in the midfield.

It doesn't always come off for him, but he's ever shy to take charge and try and force things.

He's getting better all the time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
McTominay scored in last 3 games, that's awesome for a midfielder.

slored1

He's a very good player. Can be a bit shit with his passing, but he's a proper midfielder. Also adds goals, physicality and is one of our own. I'm glad Jose found him.

Dve

I would like to see stats on McTominay´s conversion rate on shots from distance and half distance. He doesn´t shoot much, but when he does, he scores.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This guys improvement under Ole has been incredible tbh. He's getting better and better on the ball, becoming a big goal threat, comes up with big moments, and is just everywhere on the pitch. Box to box. He's half the player when asked to do a pure defensive role IMO (doesn't have the positioning and mental side for it), but as a box to box he's a huge asset. Get a good deep lying playmaker who can hold is own defensively but also pass it around well and our midfield would be set. Fred currently the only one who can do it at United, Pogba doesn't quite work in that role, but Fred is still too loose on the ball and his passing range is too limited (and his shooting is woeful), along with pretty much no creativity.

Kag

Can’t knock his goal scoring at the moment. I mean, he isn’t good enough to start in the long term, but credit where credit is due. He’s no defensive midfielder and I can’t understand why we hold him back.

Rustyspider13

He's showing supreme confidence. First time finish, cross field passes, even did a little trick to fool his man and switch the play. The duo of McT and Fred just works so well. If only Fred learnt how to shoot like McT, we'd have a great base.

Lassitude42

Maturing into a fine player - has pace, strength, shooting and increasingly good passing. He's our best CM in my view.

Ollie Derbyshire

Think it needs to be Scott plus 1 if we are going to play the double pivot. Will throw in a few average games but he has something about him that the others don’t.

Polar

McT is distancing Fred and Matic by the moment, and I think he’ll never have to look back.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think he’s genuinely one of our top five players. I’d even argue that there are only two players who are clearly above him.

redom

Goals from midfield is a huge plus, one of our more reliable performers too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like that when he gets a chance to shoot he actually just shoots. On fire at the moment, don't think you can take him out of the team when he's on a scoring streak like he is.

drdoityourself

He's really stepping up. Rarely loses possession, tough, charismatic and can obviously contribute with goals.

P.S. I've hated when people get annoyed at hairstyles and that stuff but I've caught myself finding McTominay much more likeable after he cut his hair and lost that frontal combover look.

Bobski

I’d be quite surprised. If we are to truly get back to the top then we’ll need a better player than McTominay starting regularly in a midfield two. Good player to have around, though, certainly.
His top level is very high. Not many midfielders with his mix of size, speed, agility and stamina. Technically he needs to be more consistent, when confident he plays quick and efficient passes and picks his moments to drive forward with the ball, looks a terrific player when it all clicks. He does have too many games , even spells in games where he gets flustered in his passing or takes a couple of poor touches, but that top level is attractive.

Bwuk

For me he’s miles ahead of Fred and Matic, and the obvious partner for Pogba. If Pogba goes we should be buying someone to play with him.

He seems to have filled out even more. He’s fecking massive.

CM

McTominay and Wan-Bissaka have both become noticeably better with the ball in the last few months. Long may it continue.

Blindingly obvious he was originally a striker, just by his shooting technique, his strong running with the ball and also his biggest weakness, which has been reacting to danger.

Maturing so well, and the defensive side will improve I'm certain of that.

Remember the geese

I’d be quite surprised. If we are to truly get back to the top then we’ll need a better player than McTominay starting regularly in a midfield two. Good player to have around, though, certainly.
Will certainly be interesting to see if Mctominay can continue to improve. I wouldn't be surprised if he cements himself as a big player for us. He would definitely benefit from playing with a deep lying playmaker type though, therefore allowing him to carry on driving into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.