5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost7

This is what I mean when I say we need better than him and Fred in the middle of the park. They have so little quality on the ball which is just not acceptable. for a team like ours.

Was it against Southampton that he looked incredible on the ball? Sadly he just doesn't have it in him to do it consistently

Art

Art the artist
Scott is going to play a lot of games for us. He however is below average when it comes passing. As a result of that, we will drop points consistently in moments like these. There are some who are under the impression that a Mcfred midfield is sufficient..

MU655

Injury aside, this is the normal standard for his performances. I think people have built him up too much off of the back of a few goals.

He is still very weak at passing and is only alright at defending. I don't really understand how anyone can think this guy can be our first-team midfielder. People are saying he can be box-to-box only based on his goals. He has a good shot, but where is his creativity? Where is his passing?

McTominay is nowhere near good enough to form the fulcrum of our attacking play from central midfield. And people want us to buy a DM to sit next to him. Imagine a midfield of Ndidi/Rice and McTominay; I think that would be absolutely horrid.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Out of all possible options bar maybe Bruno, I thought he was the man to make that cross.

Not too fussed. Didn't look fully fit. Maybe he was feeling pressure. Shit pass though.

acnumber9

He just lacks the top quality that a starting United midfielder should have. Good squad player for a title winning team, not good enough to be first choice.

kundalini

Decent shot that was saved, in an otherwise disappointing 2nd half display. Should have done better with his pass on the late counter-attack, needed to find a United player.

Not convinced he was fully fit.

Idxomer

Overall he wasn't good.

He tried to dribble a lot because he couldn't pass and ran into a lot in blind alleys.

The ball was also nicked off him in midfield multiple times due to his lack of urgency.

Litch

Did ok for me. His passing was fine and I think when he gives it away, people look for it. This issue of shooting is nonsense when people are talking like defensively minded players in the league are scoring goals and great a shooting.....

Devil may care

He was ok, didn’t look fully up to the tempo of the game and that botched cross near the end was frustrating.

Litch

Did ok. Him and Fred are just fans scapegoat. Have they done their job their job today. Yep. Did players who have a higher ceiling do theirs.....not really.

Foxbatt

Simply not good enough for a team that wants to win titles. Only a squad player at best.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did ok. Him and Fred are just fans scapegoat. Have they done their job their job today. Yep. Did players who have a higher ceiling do theirs.....not really.
There was a marked difference between him and Fred today - just grouping them together all the time as if they are one person is unfair IMO.

Red00012

He’ll be remembered only for his shit counter attack pass towards the end

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Clearly wasn't fully fit. No mention of him being in contention to play in this and don't even think he trained prior. Unfair to judge, infact deserves more credit for putting himself in the firing line by playing
Well, that is one way to look at it.

kidbob

Has absolutely everything you want in a midfielder except the consistency and top quality of passing. Unfortunately that is the most important aspect of a midfielder at a top club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His passing is dreadful for a central midfield. For a stating central midfielder at Manchester United, it's unacceptable. With Mctominay barring the burst of quality in attack every once in awhile, he always comes across as a CB who has been converted into a CM and is making the best fist he can of it. So many awkward dribbles/touches, often such a fright in tight situations and then the passing... just awful.

With Mctominay and Fred in midfield we might be solid but we'll never come close to reaching our lofty ambitions as a football club. It's a mid table midfield.

Skills

Snitch
He just doesn't have that much talent or ability to work with. As bad as Fred can be, there's a remarkable gulf in quality between him and McTominay.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Is he fully fit? Wasn't his usual self.

Kept getting tackled on the ball when he's usually quite efficient with it. Didn't have his usual energy and bite and was getting bypassed.

If he's still ill/injured, he shouldn't have played.

gza the genius

I thought he was okay, the pass at the end is putting a bad taste in people's mouth. He's just returned from injury and it didn't seem like he was actually fully fit anyway.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Shades of Samir Khedira? I think he's best suited in a system where he can take chances by ghosting into the box and adding to our offence. Playing him deep as a holding midfielder who's supposed to be neat and tidy shackles his best attribute.

Giggsyking

If this is our main midfielder. Then we are in trouble. Midfielder that cabt pass. Only in Manchester united.

ShinjiNinja26

He wasn’t great against Chelsea but he was just back from injury, he’s been having a good season though. Some top performances in there and the guy’s a goal threat, has a really good shot on him the exact opposite of Fred. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He wasn’t great against Chelsea but he was just back from injury, he’s been having a good season though. Some top performances in there and the guy’s a goal threat, has a really good shot on him the exact opposite of Fred. :lol:
Top performances is a stretch. Maybe that one game against Leeds. But goals aside, his passing is really shocking for a CM so I'm struggling to see these top midfield performances. Mctominay is a useful player but he reminds me of Fellaini in that he's good at very specific things - like physicality, energy, mentality and this season end product has been good. Bit like Fellaini at his best under Moyes I suppose. But when it comes to the details - passing, close control, vision, holding midfield etc he's very substandard IMO and really needs to work on his game. I don't mind him as a backup option we chuck it to unsettle teams as he is physically a real handful but as a starting CM, Fred and him are a tough watch tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.