Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

He played like he was representing his team in a cup final
Great attitude, worked hard and showed bits of class to get us driving forward

Easily our best player on the night

Red_Aaron

Great performance from Scott, was the only player to show any real urgency and actually tried to force the issue.

If a couple more of our apparently more talented players had shown the same effort we'd have won the game comfortably

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What other big games has he put a performance in this season? He usually drifts out of games when the opposition take the game to us.

He hides and attempts less tackles and passes than Fred. How many times has he been called out for not making himself available for the ball? Solskjaer even lumbasted him for this during a game before
Let’s take it back to last night, you are literally the only person complaining about him

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Shows why I think that he would flourish next to a Carrick-like player. Great performance, and shows how much more he has to his game than Fred.

EdinburghDevil

He was great last night, especially post half time.

He has games like that where he drives forward with the ball and that is when he looks at his best. I'm guessing it's the manager who asks him to sit more like he does in 90% of the games he plays.

Both him and Fred look better players when not playing alongside each other.

Started badly but he was immense after that. Villareal were poor in midfield so he was able to control things pretty much alone.

VivaRonaldo85

Head and shoulders our stand out performer last night. Actually looked like he gave 100% and realised it was a final. Shame the rest of his team froze.

UpWithRivers

Beast last night. One of very few that hold their heads up high. He just needs to do this consistently

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When teams don't press us quickly he can be really effective, was our best player last night IMO. He and Greenwood were the only ones who played up to their level, was unlucky not to score in the 2nd half also.

The Hilton

Physically he's an absolute monster, was our best player last night, one of the few driving us forward.

Oldyella

Played well, one of only a handful who can say that. He looks so much better when he plays with some dynamism rather than try and just sit.

bsCallout

Showed why he is so good to have in our squad. We've had many players throughout the years without that real finesse that can put in performances when it matters. Fantastic mentality for a young(ish) player.

Many are right to say he probably shouldn't start week in week out but the criticism should stop there.

Idxomer

A lot of good dribbling that led to nothing and showed a great spirit around their box and in the midfield.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He is a box-to-box player and anyone who cant see that at this point is being willfully ignorant. Find a solid holding player in the mold of Carrick to put next to him, and we will have a good midfield.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
'a clown' according to some.

By far the best player yesterday, more balls like that needed in the team.

Cecc07

His first half was not that good, but second half was one of the few that played good enough. Also he once again showed that he is a true leaded and capitan material. I would give the ambrand to him over Harry. Or vice to Bruno.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm still somewhat unsure about McT.
He was easily the best player on the pitch yesterday and if everyone in that squad had his mentality and temperament we'd have won with ease.
Would love nothing more than him improving even more and proving me wrong.
Manchester United through and through.

bsCallout

He is a box-to-box player and anyone who cant see that at this point is being willfully ignorant. Find a solid holding player in the mold of Carrick to put next to him, and we will have a good midfield.
Neves

Hammondo

I agree, I think Carrick would have loved to play next to him.

bsCallout

Would work well next to McT and Fred. Problem is Pogba. If he stays we need a Rice, if he leaves then Neves is a good alternative.
That's probably fair. I'm not sure I'm willing to keep trying to find the solution to Pogba.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
That's probably fair. I'm not sure I'm willing to keep trying to find the solution to Pogba.
Neither am I tbh. I think it's best for both parties if we sell this summer.
This is all of course reliant on us signing Sancho, CM and CB. We'd be a stronger team.

Andersons Dietician

I like what he did yesterday. Heart and desire was all over his face but there were still bits where I was left asking why McT, why?! He did look awesome cutting through the Villareal team and just holding them off but passing at times or timing was a bit off. Was probably the best player along with Greenwood and Cavani.

Phil

Our best player last night and one of the best performances of his that I've seen. Much more of that please.

Zlatattack

Last night was a great game for him. I hope he can continue to improve and put in that sort of performance regularly. He tried to make things happen, which was great. I'd like to have seen him pass the ball quicker though.

tomaldinho1

Spanish site Don Balon reporting Real Madrid are interested in him ha.
I’d be surprised but he was class, one of few who stood and to be counted. I think you could put him in that non stop b2b Yaya Toure type position if he can improve in the final third - and he’s moved out of his deeper role - he’ll obviously not be as good as Toure was but if he can add late runs into the box and up his assists he’ll be an asset.

lex talionis

Scotty was an inspired performer on the night, no question. Understanding his limitations, the only area of his game is like to see him dramatically improve is his heading on goal. He’s got the physical attributes to be a beast on crosses.

Siezard

Was Mctom the one who caused the free kick which led to the eventual goal?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was Mctom the one who caused the free kick which led to the eventual goal?
I can’t remember who but can you really blame the guy who made the foul though since the foul was necessary made because Pogba made a failure long pass that hit villareal player’s head?

Status
Not open for further replies.