5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Magnificent performance from him. Hopefully that's a sign that the McT of early last season is back.

UtdAgain08

That performance should keep him in the team, class today, bossed the midfield.

mu4c_20le

Stepped up today, good performance. Offers something different to Matic.

Zoo

Have criticised him a lot but today he was very good.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I loved how he dropped in to defence to play as a third CB, coming forward when a tackle needed to be made.

DevilsOwn

Brilliant game by the lad.

Covered the right side, broke up play and kept the ball moving.

He continues this and he should be a regular first teamer. High hopes for the lad.

Shiva87

Brilliant in the middle today. Was everywhere in defense. Did a lot of cleaning up for the defenders.

Glad for him.

Litch

Did ok but for me some have gone way overboard with that performance

MiracleInMadrid

Fantastic today. Was all over the pitch in the second half especially.

A very well-tempered game from him in terms of the defensive positions he took.

prateik

Played the Matic role.. didn't venture forward too much.. intercepted well. got into great defensive positions

Devil may care

He's not the long term answer imo but he made some good covering defensive runs in the second half.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Solid as a rock apart from a couple of ropey moments when we didn't have the ball. He's clearly a smart player with some of the coverage and movement.

Robbie Boy

Much better performance today. I believe he played very well for Scotland recently too in a CB role so fair play to him.

Much better performance today. I believe he played very well for Scotland recently too in a CB role so fair play to him.
I agree. I think, or hope (!), he’s taking a similar route to Fletcher and will become a really important player. He needs time and experience. But he’s definitely growing as a player.

wylodyka

It was a solid performance tactically from him. Able to drop back and cover for AWB while making up for for Mata's defensive deficiencies at the same time. and didn't let Saint-Maximin space to come inside.

Andersonson

Solid and some great interceptions and some long passes too.

That performance puts pressure on Pogba and Matic.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I reckon the spell in defense for his national side has actually tuned him in to scanning the ground in front of him when he's on the ball, instead of always having an easy option behind him to pass to. He definitely looked more assertive and comfortable taking a touch and playing a pass between the lines. Overall a good performance, long may it continue.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Solid performance from him and right now he and Fred deserves to start over Matic/Pogba.

I dont really know what to think about this lad. I dont really rate him that highly, but hes still fairly young so maybe he can turn into a decent player? His attitude is top notch though

CG1010

He may not be as talented as Pogba or VDB but he fulfils the basic midfield functions so much better. Our team looks much more balanced with him and Fred. He needs to play more often.

Bwuk

McTominay has to start for me. His passing from deep has improved too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought he was decent but a bit lucky to be left on when Fred was taken off as I thought the Brazilian had been better. McTominator had a very strong end to the match though.
This my thought too. On first half, he was a pedestrian, where Fred was better. When Fred was subbed with Pogba, that's when McTom put in good performance. He kept it simple, defended well, and had some nice long passes.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
McTominay has to start for me. His passing from deep has improved too.
His technique passing was never really the issue. The issue was always been his vision whether or not he can find his team mate who is in the best position to receive the ball.

GMoore23

Should be in the first 11 ahead of Pogba. He's a natural leader and future captain material. Plays with heart and determination, giving 100% every game which makes us so much harder to beat.
Also prefer him to Fred as he's got a more Intelligent footballing brain on him and a damn good finisher also when a chance falls his way.
Fred couldn't hit a barn door.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Ole needs to aid his development by giving him a consistent run, instead of fecking him around by rotating him in and out constantly.

EdinburghDevil

I'd love to see him get a run of games ahead of Matic.

He got better with every game he played in the back 3 for Scotland. Looks like he brought back confidence he gained from the international break.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hopefully can be a similar player to Fabinho for us. The way he covered that right side helping out AWB and also his passing looked much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.