5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

He’ll continue to dine out on the odd barn storming performance but we need a better starting midfielder. For a defensive midfielder he is awful at defending in front of our penalty box. Doesn’t get on the ball enough as a midfielder outside of that.

Godfather

I'm sorry to say it but that was fecking shit as he wasn't even doing the basics right today. He just jogged alongside them.

Rajma

Hopefully we can wrap up that Ecuadorian guy sharp because this is unacceptable from Scott.

Roboc7

Awful performance but at least Ole took
him off for a change. Putting in a shift isn’t enough if he’s going to play so regularly, sooner we can get an upgrade the better.

He always works hard and can’t fault his effort even when he plays so badly but Fred is carrying him.

AFC NimbleThumb

Played the game of his life versus Leedsbut has returned to McAverage standards; don’t want to see him mentioned in the same breath as Sir Darren Fletcher again.

OrcaFat

He’s in bad form after being injured and his shite show against Wolves (or was it Leicester) might have knocked his confidence. But at this point I am doubting his long term future here.

I understand his selection tonight but given how he played, I’m sure Donny could have done better.

KennyBurner

His lack of a first touch will ruin his United career. As things stand he isnt very good.

Falcow

Awful today. Constant fouling and giving ball away and should have been hooked at half time.

Idxomer

He’ll continue to dine out on the odd barn storming performance but we need a better starting midfielder. For a defensive midfielder he is awful at defending in front of our penalty box. Doesn’t get on the ball enough as a midfielder outside of that.
He's the least dependable midfielder we have. He was worse today than usual but not too dissimilar to his performance against Leicester.

I liked that Ole for once recognized that early.

Foxbatt

Yes we need a much better DM. Fred wouldn't have to come so deep if we had a better DM. With Fred having to come deep we are vacating his space in the middle. Really poor today.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can’t smell danger, has absolutely zero sense of it, which is a terrible trait for a CM.

The quick free kick was as unforgivable as his him letting Barnes tee himself up 19 yards out.
Have to agree. AWB getting all the stick from Gaz (and most of the caf) but at least he was doing something i.e. blocking the quick free kick. McT was rooted to the spot, doing absolutely nothing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was a little bit better than last week, but that's in the sense that he was a 2/10 instead of a 0/10.

Terrible for their goal - he was the one who needed to see that AWB was out of position and moved to cover it. AWB blocking the first pass gave him plenty of time but McTominay was just blind to the danger.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Frustrating! Really like the guy and his physicality but that’s not enough for united.

Let’s hope he can find his Leeds form again.

Hes a squad level player at the moment. We cant have players doing extra work to cover his passing and positioning every week. Tonight was particularly bad.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Really poor today, and Fred's passing was equally bad. McGinn and Ruiz were much better.
how was Fred's passing equally bad?? WTF really. McT couldn't make a single pass whereas Fred was zipping pass after pass foeward. Just two poor moments from Fred in the second half, while shocking whole game from McTominay. Not even counting his usual nothing defensive performances where he`s really lost positionally and too slow to get going.

If we played Juan Mata there we would have been better. Hell why the hell not Axel Tuanzebe, he's much better defender, and also much better on the ball under pressure.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s gone missing last couple games, bit concerning after his quality game against Leeds

Banana Republic

When Scott broke into the first team, his biggest asset was his physicality, aggression and ability to quickly close down opponents.
Most of that appears to have become weaker, or gone from his game.
Has this got something to do with the coaching?
After all, even though Michael Carrick was an immense midfield general for us, he mostly shied away from tackling and aggressive play.
Carrick’s main, if only weakness.
Is it Carrick’s influence that’s had a negative effect on how Scott has lost that edge?

Mr Smith

Just a bad day at the office for me. Showed plenty of energy but his passing was horrendous, and he needs to put in some work on the training ground for it. Was right to be taken off, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

shahzy

I've always said he'd be a great second choice to come in to deputies and fill in gaps. He won't cause problems and be content. But definitely no starting player for a team wanting to consistently challenge at the top.

Funnily enough we need someone with the skill of Pogba and the graft of Mctominay who can blend those two together to be a starting option

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
When are we going to stop trying to play him as DM? He's clueless on positioning himself defensively and shys away from getting on the ball when we have it.

Apart from a fairly average box to box player, there isn't much use for him.

AFC NimbleThumb

When Scott broke into the first team, his biggest asset was his physicality, aggression and ability to quickly close down opponents.
Most of that appears to have become weaker, or gone from his game.
Has this got something to do with the coaching?
After all, even though Michael Carrick was an immense midfield general for us, he mostly shied away from tackling and aggressive play.
Carrick’s main, if only weakness.
Is it Carrick’s influence that’s had a negative effect on how Scott has lost that edge?
Can’t blame Carrick for him being sh. . . limited.

After he played the game of his life against Leeds posters were calling this lad the next [insert far better players name here] when he simply has never been that good.

Once you get past his willingness to run around a lot there’s never been anything consistently noteworthy.

As you note, he’s stagnated/gotten worse at the few things he did adequately & you simply can’t rely on him week in, week out.

automaticflare

Fuxkin aye

He was alright. That’s it. at best.

dowsnt mean he is the worst footballer on the planet.

different players are more suited to certain games. If I can rely on this lad to turn up the big games (top 6) he is so valuable.

that 6/10 performance against villa turns into a 8 or 9 / 10 against those top sides.

lex talionis

I’m not convinced Scotty has fully recovered from the groin strain. He looked wooden and hesitant with the ball today. Best to give him some time off to get him fit for Liverpool.

arthurka

He and Fred are the worst passers of the ball I have seen playing in the Utd midfield on regular basis. I guess Ole had enough too in the second half when McT carried the ball up the field, had three options to pick from them passed the ball out of bounds.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He and Fred are the worst passers of the ball I have seen playing in the Utd midfield on regular basis. I guess Ole had enough too in the second half when McT carried the ball up the field, had three options to pick from them passed the ball out of bounds.
Fred shouldn't be put in with McTominay there. Fred does tend to make a couple of noteworthy sloppy passes each game which do stand out, but by and large he passes well. There's a reason he's normally up around 90% passing accuracy most games while playing a lot of forward passes.

Sylar

Not a great game but he's still a good squad option. Has mixed performances. Need to see him add more consistency

When he drove with the ball and used his left and was so far away? I actually laughed at how bad that was

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His lack of a first touch will ruin his United career. As things stand he isnt very good.
And his passing. His passing is at the level of a limited CB of a lower league CM or a lump of a CF.

Mctominay is useful for some games but I maintain that he shouldn't be a starting CM for United. He is neither great defensively nor is good enough on the ball. He's a technically limited all rounder whose strength is his stamina and physicality.

People club him and Fred together but the latter is a much better footballer for me.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
And his passing. His passing is at the level of a limited CB of a lower league CM or a lump of a CF.

Mctominay is useful for some games but I maintain that he shouldn't be a starting CM for United. He is neither great defensively nor is good enough on the ball. He's a technically limited all rounder whose strength is his stamina and physicality.

People club him and Fred together but the latter is a much better footballer for me.
Nail on head. I had a small hope that his performance vs Leeds marked greater things to come, but it seems that was a one off.

Hes not terrible and he always puts in a shift, but he really does not excel anything

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nail on head. I had a small hope that his performance vs Leeds marked greater things to come, but it seems that was a one off.

Hes not terrible and he always puts in a shift, but he really does not excel anything
I think he's one of those players who can do a bit of everything. So he can hammer in a great goal or drive forward with the ball or disrupt opponents. But looking at his skillset week in week out, he doesn't do any particular thing to a high level which makes him an option for me. I actually see similarities with Fellaini in that he doesn't have a skillset you'd expect from your CM - passing, control, vision, positional play etc, although he could end up better due to his mobility and age. Both excelled in big games where disrupting opponents was the call of the hour. But long term you need more from midfield.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not the best CM but he has shown the top qualities that he possess at times. Not as often shown as I like, but they are there for all to see. Only time will tell if he will ever turn out to be a consistently top CM one day, but that’s what we do at United. We give our academy players a chance. And he has proven that with proper coaching and luck with injury, he has a chance. Definitely not in the “get rid!” category:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is probably taking Carrick's advices about standing off players too seriously, staying off means to do it to read the game and intercept the passes just before they happen, and not to just stand off players passively and hope they will pass it to that side.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Had a bad game, in pretty much every aspect. His biggest isssue for me is he tends to take extra touch or two before passing, and the ball is easily intercepted.

He doesn't look entirely fit for me, I'd take him out of the first XI for a while. We can play Matic or van de Beek, it's not like we'll lose extra defensive cover with dropping McTominay as he's not even doing basics right.

Status
Not open for further replies.