5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dal

Wow, the comments on here. I actually thought he played well yesterday and kept the ball moving nicely, I thought both him and Fred did what was required.

We played very well and two stupid set pieces cost us.

He’s never going to be a Pirlo but I actually think he’s getting better or do we just bash any player when we lose???

Red00012

Just an average midfielder to be honest that passes sideways .

If Ole persists with this formation we need someone alongside Fred .

MU655

Wow, the comments on here. I actually thought he played well yesterday and kept the ball moving nicely, I thought both him and Fred did what was required.

He’s never going to be a Pirlo but I actually think he’s getting better or do we just bash any player when we lose???
It is clearly an issue that he is having such a low impact on the team in terms of possession, though. It is odd he has so few passes per game - last three games: 28, 28, 21. Compare that to Fred: 44, 46, 71.

In the Premier League, Fred averages 54.6 passes per game compared to 36.1 from Mctominay. Last season Fred had 57.5 to Mctominay's 37.4. So, this isn't just a recent thing.

Someone posted earlier that he receives a low number of passes, so do the players not trust him with the ball, is he hiding, or is his positioning just that bad? This is probably the reason why he is making so few passes.

I don't think you can persist with a midfielder who only has this level of impact. It is probably a major reason why we find it so difficult in games to be dominant in possession, or to at least even it up a bit.

slored1

A good squad player but unfortunately not good enough to be starting all the time. A good central midfielder should be our top priority in the summer.

Sylar

He did ok but I think he's more suited to games we want to try and sit back in to soak pressure and hit on counter. I think we lacked that balance yesterday as seen by the times we got hit on the counter ourselves.

Think he should have come off much earlier than he did

Scarecrow

Having a week off

I am with you. Thought they both played well yesterday. I was surprised he was subbed. I thought Pogba or Bruno should go.

Hughes35

Good squad player with some good attributes. I don't think he is, or ever will be top class though. It's a shame as I really really like his attitude and mentality.

Think we still need a quality DM with Matic moving on, purely due to his age.

yardieUnited

Always thought mourinho promoted scott to the first team due to his height.

James Garner can do the same thing as scott but better, Garner is a better player all around.

OrcaFat

Captain today.

I hope this is a last ditch attempt to get this lad to take some responsibility, show for the ball, boss the game more. By which I mean I hope this is not a reward for his recent performances (which have been poor bar Leeds).

SeanyC

I gave him MOTM because of the goal, but I really don't remember anything else he did in the game apart from that.
Made a decent couple of interventions but agree he was MOTM not for performance but for the winning goal

Idxomer

Apart from the goal and a couple of minutes when Bailly was off, he was very average on and off the ball.

laughtersassassin

Fair play to him for scoring and his decent defensive work but feck me him being on the ball is completely detrimental to us 9 games out if 10.

I don't mean to be negative but how can we play a midfielder who can't pass?

Red & White

Nice to see him popping up with some goals. Always nice to get goals from the midfield!

Walters_19_MuFc

First and foremost, it's great to see him leading out the club tonight. Just heard he's been at the club since 5, so that's a great achievement for him and his family.

Regarding his performance, a few poor moments on the ball but felt he was involved throughout. Read the game well and ultimately won us the game with his header.

Going forward, it'll be interesting to see what type of midfielder Ole wants to mould him into. From today's viewing, he could play a similar role to Rice, Ndidi, etc. He'd obviously need a playmaker next to him, though.

Roboc7

He’s been shocking since the Leeds game but he was decent tonight although opposition were very poor.

A lot less ball watching and some good defensive work which was good to see as that’s area he is most likely to improve rather than his ability with the ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seeing some of the reviews he's getting has convinced me that the commentators really colour peoples' opinions, he's so needlessly sloppy and his persistent fouls gave Watford some much needed breathing room.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Incredible he scored as captain, congrats to him!

Has to get better on the ball, he’s playing at the absolute highest level and can’t be so sloppy, all players give the ball away but he really can’t do it so easily at this club.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Surprised he got MOTM to be honest - goal aside I thought he was very sloppy on the ball. I wasn’t that impressed.

Good header, good work off the ball. Absolutely terrible on it, I thought it was his worst passing performance of the season along with Aston Villa. Hit a few nice switches in the first 10 minutes and then constantly passed it out of bounds or straight to Watford players

KW2006

A very poor man's Steven Gerrard, which means he is quite dangerous sometimes in attack, but not so good at anything else.

hobbers

He took his goal well and he worked hard. But on the ball his passing was atrocious. Lots of needless fouls as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This was Mourinho's parting gift after promoting him to the first team when he didn't even stand out at youth level. He's a key reason our build up play is so bad. He's quite simply not good enough IMO.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This was Mourinho's parting gift after promoting him to the first team when he didn't even stand out at youth level. He's a key reason our build up play is so bad. He's quite simply not good enough IMO.
Why on earth would you post this after he's scored the winner? Bizarre.

We had a mish mash of squaddies. It was never going to be champagne football tonight. But he did well from a defensive point of view and is growing into his role here week by week.

Status
Not open for further replies.