5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

The lad just keeps growing and plays so maturely. I may be over hyping the ability a little, and I'm not saying he is complete, but I don't see anything he is bad at? Good control, got a ping to his passes, tackles, dribbling, good in the air and can't half crack a shot off. It may not be to a level of others but ability wise, he is all rounded as they come. True Box to Box.

Irwin99

Thought he did very well. You know what you're getting in terms of tenacity and physical presence but his passing seems so much sharper lately.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he was very good in the first half, although predominately it was defensively and then just letting Pogba do his thing when we had the ball. Second half wasn't quite as good although I do remember one good pass through the lines that got us into a dangerous position.

yardieUnited

Everton kept on passing the ball into his space and he did nothing. He needs to work on his positioning and his tackling

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was okay. You can't expect him to pass like Bruno or Pogba. He is there for something else and he did fine.

Dominos

He's our biggest set piece aerial threat after Maguire (although Maguire manages to miss 95% of the headers that fall his way). He's been unlucky not to score a couple more from crosses this season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's strange because I thought he was excellent defensively in the first half playing as Pogba's shield and cleaning up nicely, but in the second half he wasn't near as good alongside Fred who was a bit of a calamity today.

I still appreciate what he brings as a squad player but I'd really be more encouraged if I saw him improve positionally and take a page out of Matic's handbook.

SER19

Move him to centre back. Can pass, head and isn't a complete flower.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I found it interesting that he essentially seemed to be moved to RCB throughout the match when AWB was pushing forward. Maguire similarly moved wider left with Lindelof in the middle. Looked very much like a deliberate tactic.

Good game from Scott and good goal.

K Stand Knut

Not sure why anyone is even contemplating criticising McTominay for last night

had a very good game. Didn’t think he put a foot wrong at any point.

Another very solid performance from hin

Manoucha09

I found it interesting that he essentially seemed to be moved to RCB throughout the match when AWB was pushing forward. Maguire similarly moved wider left with Lindelof in the middle. Looked very much like a deliberate tactic.

Yeah, we do that with Matic on the left side when he's playing. Not too sure what I think of it tbh. I'd rather have the two sitting midfielders in front of the center backs to bypass the press.

Overall McTominay's performance was really good. He's adding goals to his game which is great. Still not totally comfortable with the ball at his feet when he's under pressure, but did well for the most part.

I still feel that Rice would be an upgrade and McT would be a good option from the bench or used for rotation. Great for the lad to get a goal on the Munich anniversary, just a shame it wasn't the winner - that would have been class.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

We’ve been doing it with Matic too (except he goes to LCB) and I’m not a big fan of it, but it works better with Mctominay in my opinion.

GMoore23

Move him to centre back. Can pass, head and isn't a complete flower.
No chance, he's our biggest goal threat from midfield. He used to be a striker in his youth days which is probably why he strikes the ball so sweetly.
Our Defence will be fine when we get rid of De Gea.

Zen86

It's strange because I thought he was excellent defensively in the first half playing as Pogba's shield and cleaning up nicely, but in the second half he wasn't near as good alongside Fred who was a bit of a calamity today.

I still appreciate what he brings as a squad player but I'd really be more encouraged if I saw him improve positionally and take a page out of Matic's handbook.
I think this is what’s happening at the moment. Yesterday he was playing much deeper, and covering the defence by dropping into the back line when they moved forward. Very much like what Matic does. This was allowing Pogba, and later Fred, to play in more advanced positions.

There’s a sense of him becoming more of a lynchpin type of player, and less of the energetic, all over the pitch type player he had been.

Devil81

Other than Bruno he's my current favourite player, has a drive and a will to win that we need in the starting eleven.

Just wish we'd drop the idiots that keep throwing points away for us.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Embarrassing how many posters were insulting McTominay out of the “McFred” partnership for being the least quality offensively out of the two. McTominay drives forward better, has a better shot, aerial presence and mentality out of the two. 50M for Fred was a joke.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not taking anything from Mctomminay (I think he is a great player) - yet his and Rashfords success as United players make me believe that players who are bought up from the u23s directly in to first team and has no intermittent loans will be able to be successful.

Its almost if how the player is timed and valued once they break in to the first team is a valuable aspect to their progress.

If they get one game in the first team and sit on the subs for the rest of the year and then go on loan for "experience" - it rarely ever works.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair play to him hes a decent player

-Supreme-

Embarrassing how many posters were insulting McTominay out of the “McFred” partnership for being the least quality offensively out of the two. McTominay drives forward better, has a better shot, aerial presence and mentality out of the two. 50M for Fred was a joke.
It appears you don't rate McT as well going off your posts about him recently :lol:

Can't be our starter next season.
We need to upgrade this come next season, particularly McTominay.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It appears you don't rate McT as well going off your posts about him recently :lol:
:lol: If the posts were last season or years ago I can understand. They were a month ago. Drastically changed. Glad if the player manages to change people view on him, it shows improvement in his game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
:lol: If the posts were last season or years ago I can understand. They were a month ago. Drastically changed. Glad if the player manages to change people view on him, it shows improvement in his game.
He was going through a poor patch a month ago. After his Leeds match he spent the next six matches bouncing between being absolutely terrible (Leicester) to average (Liverpool). Thankfully he seems to have played himself out of it and he's been good in his last three matches against Arsenal (even though he had to go off), Southampton and Everton, but it's a bit silly for anyone to base their opinion of him on either period. In reality his average performance over the last 18 months is somewhere in between - better than he showed in that poor period but not as good as he's shown these last few games. Hopefully he can continue his current form and improve further but it's certainly too early to say that it's normal.

Polar

Wish we had more players like McT. He has very good all round skills, probably the only real box to box player we have.

Players like McT often doesn’t reach their top before they are 26/27y, so I think we have a lot to look forward to regarding McT.

That’s why I think he will be an important part of our future; he has the potential to become one of our key players and maybe future captain?

He will probably also become a good CB if we want that ;)

Last edited:

Kostov

There are still people on the cafe who rank Fred as easily better than McTominay and it just baffles my mind. When Scotty gets a run of games and gets into rhythm, his high level compared to Fred's is day and night. 50m was and will always be a baffling piece of business even though Fred is a very very solid and important player for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know it's a thread by why compete Fred vs Mctomminay. Just support and enjoy both. Plenty of games when Mctomminay has done crap all and needed Fred and there has been plenty of games when Fred has been bullied and needed Mctomminay. They are both part of our best midfield partnership in deeper areas.

-Supreme-

He was going through a poor patch a month ago. After his Leeds match he spent the next six matches bouncing between being absolutely terrible (Leicester) to average (Liverpool). Thankfully he seems to have played himself out of it and he's been good in his last three matches against Arsenal (even though he had to go off), Southampton and Everton, but it's a bit silly for anyone to base their opinion of him on either period. In reality his average performance over the last 18 months is somewhere in between - better than he showed in that poor period but not as good as he's shown these last few games. Hopefully he can continue his current form and improve further but it's certainly too early to say that it's normal.
Agreed - that’s a fair assessment of McT.

el3mel

Guy in the form of his life at the moment. He's becoming far more than just a destroyer.

Mainoldo

Give him the Stevie Gerrard role. I can see him banging long rangers in a final. He passes like Gerrard too.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Such a clean striker of the ball. Love his awareness and anticipation in the box. Can see why he was played uptop on occasions for the reserves.

Jonno

He reminds me of Roy Keane in his Forest & early United days. Strong, powerful, aggressive, quick forward passing, box to box, arrives in the box and scores goals.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have said it before. He plays like Goretzka. Same style and same attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.