5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

He is one of my favorite players at the club now. Apart from a few rare games, he is a player that we can always depend on to give a 7/10 performance every time. He has a bit of everything to his game. Future club captain!

twitter thread suggester
He still needs to learn when to release the ball under pressure and when to make the dribble.

Trex

I always felt he'll be best playing on the right of a 433 or in the double pivot but alongside a deep lying playmaker, I've always felt his got goals in him if he is given license to get forward, he shouldn't be considered as a Matic replacement but a box to box midfielder,in that role I think he would thrive as a regular starter

Bruno mctominay
DLP
So Bruno playing the Lampard sort of role and then Mcsause playing the Vidal kind of role alongside a deep lying playmaker, but that happens only if Pogba exits this summer

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I would like to see stats on McTominay´s conversion rate on shots from distance and half distance. He doesn´t shoot much, but when he does, he scores.
In PL total 12 shots, 6 from outside the box and 6 from inside the penalty area. 2 goals from outside the box and 2 from penalty area.

Alemar

He is now a joint 3rd team goal scorer with 7 goals, his goal output is truly impressive. Very good chances to get into double digits soon

GreatDane

Don't tell the missus, but I've been having a growing man crush on him for a year or so.

Think he always offers determination, drive and a presence in midfield. Perhaps a few rookie mistakes still here and there but that will fade.

Great player for us, still underrated by many but I expect him to a 10 goal a year midfielder for many years to come.
Future captain.

Hester_manc

Since his debut for United, I have always liked McTominay. I remember that the so called expects did not understand, what McTominay was doing in United - he would never become good enough to play for us according to them. To me he has been a farvorit for 2-3 seasons now. I think we have a United captain in him. When people have talked about missing leaders in the United team, I think that McTominay is a natural leader.

Bondi77

He is becoming a really good player, has to be one of the first named on Matchday.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Showing he has a lot more strings to his bow than at first glance. I’ve probably used that metaphor before but I think he warrants it again, his long range passing has come on leaps and bounds.

Idxomer

His form has improved lately which is good timing considering Pogba's injury.

Augustus Gloop

He's been good these last four games. I think some are going overboard though as he'd been quite poor for the six matches before that. Most of his games before that were somewhere in between - not as bad as he was during that poor period but not as good as he's currently playing.

I'd love for him to continue like this but it's a bit silly that some are talking like it's normal. He has to prove that he can keep it up consistently (which hopefully he will).
I don’t think that’s quite fair to be honest. He went off in the Leeds game with a groin injury and missed the subsequent game. He returned in the draw against Leicester but was anonymous (that’s as bad as playing poor). I think he was hampered by his injury still because I’ve never seen him that uninvolved.

He wasn’t good against Villa from what I recall either, so that’s two bad games. But he was actually alright in the defeat at home to City, scored the winner against Watford in the cup, and his two displays against Liverpool ranged from ok-to-decent.

I absolutely agree with you on your last point though. More impressive than the goals he’s scored, is in my opinion, how much crisper he’s been with his passing and generally keeping the ball. Fred had a horror 1st half yesterday giving the ball away, scott must have been sitting on the bench thinking I can stay above this guy in the team now (say if only one of them are deployed). Needs to nail that consistency.

We need an rvn

Looks like he's going to be a decent player for us. Like the drive and attitude when he plays as well, his head doesn't seem to drop when things don't go well. Future captain material if he keeps this up

OrcaFat

Showed for the ball much better yesterday. I’m hopeful this guy will really kick on.

MiracleInMadrid

Some character, isn't he? So many big moments from him already while not being a permanent starter for us yet. Hope he continues to grow as rapidly as up to now.

OleBoiii

He's been very good lately. I have him ahead of Pogba and Fred in the pecking order now.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I love the fact nothing seems to phase him, certainly potential there for him to be a big player for us in the next few years, and can some one please explain the mcsauce thing to me?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Scored 3 games in a row!

Scotty really is stepping up lately. If he can just fix his short range passing he's going to be top class.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The lad is class, and you can see the marked improvement in his play from getting regular minutes.

I've always thought Fred and McTominay were our best midfield behind Bruno, with McTominay generally being the most expendable of the three, but he's surpassed Fred for me now.

His goalscoring and shooting from range is excellent, but he also has a good pacy dribble in him that gets him out of danger, a superb first touch. His passing range is beginning to be more expansive.

I think he should be a nailed on starter going forward.

OldTrevil

Very good finishing instinctively of late. Will be a very good asset if he continues this knack of getting goals from midfield, especially coming off the bench.

simplyared

A midfielder strong, tall, gritty, who can get you a goal from outside the box and plays with his heart on his sleave. A player with so much to offer and he's ours. Worth his weight in gold is our MacT!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree that it's the last thing he has to get sorted. I love the way he can beat a man then surge forward, and his long range passing is excellent.
Yep he's developing well in terms of being pressed, he's got quick feet and decent acceleration - and as you say he can ping a lovely long ball from right to left.

If he can learn to pass forwards between the lines better and keep timing his runs well into the box like that he could score 10 goals a season regularly no problem.

He's probably the best long range shooter behind Pogba too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep he's developing well in terms of being pressed, he's got quick feet and decent acceleration - and as you say he can ping a lovely long ball from right to left.

If he can learn to pass forwards between the lines better and keep timing his runs well into the box like that he could score 10 goals a season regularly no problem.

His driving runs are like the one Yaya used to do but Yaya's was obviously even better. All of a sudden they just make those runs from the midfield.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Aye that's what I want to see him build on, those passes that split the lines to the forwards. His shooting is very good, you can tell he used to be a forward in the youth teams the way he strikes the ball. Those type of daisy cutter strikes are marvellous, love doing that in 5 a side :D

His driving runs are like the one Yaya used to do but Yaya's was obviously even better. All of a sudden they just make those runs from the midfield.
Aye the sudden burst from midfield runs seem to be a fading thing at the moment. They are brilliant when timed well, as the amount of chances generated from them causes real headaches for the opposition. Scott is very good at it and it's great to see him starting to get more goals.

Alfie092

While Pogba is out injured, McTominay needs to be a regular imo. He needs to be able to utilise his strengths, which is playing as a box-to-box midfielder in a double-pivot, ideally along with Fred or maybe VDB depending on the opposition.

Scott's all-round game is improving so drastically it's actually frightening... whether it's a banger from outside the box, a clinical strikers finish like yesterday or with his head like vs Everton, he seems he can score all sorts of goals! He is so energetic, has a lot of pace for big fella so he is able to press and cover ground well for most of a game. While he is also able to dominate oppositions with his physicality on the ground and in the air. Let's not forget he is also a vocal player and has the potential to be a future captain, this is also key as we lack leaders!

The only aspect of his game I want him to improve on would be his positional sense as I feel at times defensively he does get caught out and overran but this attribute comes with experience. I also feel he can take his passing game up a level or 2 and while he has the ability to spray the occasional long-pass, it is not consistent enough. If he can improve on his positional sense and passing then we have a future world-class player on our hands providing he remains level header which he appears to be. Let's not forget while he is older than the amount of games he has played suggests, he has just turned 24 and won't be hitting his peak for another couple of seasons.

I am extremely looking forward to seeing how he develops as a player!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nailed it. I was trying to think of who he reminded me of and you are right in Toure.
Still a lot to learn and a long way to go.
But I sense he is driven to listen learn and improve.
Fantastic attitude.

DCP

He has the odd game where he falters - usually where he has been asked to sit back a little. He's can be a class all round b2b style midfielder.

I'd love to see him play alongside Pogba but both with a b2b type role, however whether either have the positional awareness to carry it off I'm not sure.

Sylar

If you take away the goals, what i like his some of his calmness on the ball. How he gets the ball and can turn and take it away from an opposition whos trying to press him. And he can pass / spray the ball as well which unfortunately Fred cant do (even though he tries horribly).

Hes defo not a player that should be asked to sit back and just be a DM.

romufc

I am glad that fans are rating McTominay, only a few weeks ago there was talk about his poor passing etc...

He is one player since his debut has always improved year in year out. He is becoming a key part of this team and more importantly a leader.

ForeverRed1

I love him, his demeanour, attitude, work rate. Still has some improving to do but you can see he’s going in the right direction.

sir Alex loves him, Jose loves him and ole loves him, says a lot about him as a character. They all trust him.

red through and through.

Roboc7

He was rubbish, when he doesn’t get time and space to set himself his passing is so poor. Fred was worse but neither did a good job in any aspect of being a midfielder today.

lost7

Can't believe people are actually advocating that we don't need another midfielder if Pogba leaves. If any of you actually think we can win the league with McFred in midfield, I have no words. They're such limited players when the opposition doesn't give them space

edgecutter

Looks good with great players around him, but if things are suppose to happen he just doesn't have it in him. He has his moments but he is limited

Augustus Gloop

He was rubbish, when he doesn’t get time and space to set himself his passing is so poor. Fred was worse but neither did a good job in any aspect of being a midfielder today.
He had loads of time on the ball to set himself to pass. If you’re gonna criticise him at least speak sense. Our front three were absolute trash, not scott. Things looked a lot sharper when Greenwood came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.