5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

He had loads of time on the ball to set himself to pass. If you’re gonna criticise him at least speak sense. Our front three were absolute trash, not scott. Things looked a lot sharper when Greenwood came on.
Don’t be so sensitive, he didn’t play well, it’s not the end of the world.

Augustus Gloop

Don’t be so sensitive, he didn’t play well, it’s not the end of the world.
Well you’re the one coming into a thread on scott McTominay and saying he was rubbish, maybe you should chill, you know what I mean?

Zen86

He was rubbish, when he doesn’t get time and space to set himself his passing is so poor. Fred was worse but neither did a good job in any aspect of being a midfielder today.
Bizarre assessment. What did McTominay do wrong? He was one of our better players today I thought, not that the bar was particularly high.

Roboc7

Well you’re the one coming into a thread on scott McTominay and saying he was rubbish, maybe you should chill, you know what I mean?
What do you think the thread is for, telling you want you want to hear? I can guarantee you are type to always make up an excuse, secret injury or someone else’s fault etc.

Augustus Gloop

What do you think the thread is for, telling you want you want to hear? I can guarantee you are type to always make up an excuse, secret injury or someone else’s fault etc.
You’ve contradicted yourself. I’ve challenged your opinion and you’ve got “sensitive” about it. Scott was actually alright, take a night off.

Roboc7

You’ve given me a good laugh, chill because I posted about it in the Mctominay thread, are you policing it in case it’s not all positive comments. Classic.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The issue is that he doesn't influence games. He needs a Pogba besides him, but then his defensive game is not at the level of a Kante to make it work as a pair.

OrcaFat

I don’t like it with him and Fred because in certain games they are both too loose in possession. McT was okay today but we can’t have these guys trying to control the midfield in tight games, it usually gets away from them.

I think McT will become a very good player but I’m afraid that is still a year or two away. Still, I like him and he often shows something to remind me why.

RedDevil250

He is limited. I think he is fine for a squad player but we will never win the league with him as a starting CM IMO. He just doesn't do enough. Compare him to the likes of Fernandinho, Henderson, and Kante when they won their titles. It's night and day. Squad player, nothing more for me.

Also, I don't get why we play him and Fred vs teams like West Brom. I know Pogba is out, but where is VdB? Come on Ole.

simplyared

Thought we had him far too deep yesterday. Looked like he was ordered to play the deeper roll which is crazy in my mind. Play him as box to box that's we get the best out of him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
These powerful runs he makes from deep are becoming somewhat of a signature move for him.

Growing into a very good box-to-box player now. Grabbed those 2 early goals against Leeds and has become a real goal threat since with his Keane-like late runs/first time shots into the bottom corners.

DoomSlayer

I love that he makes us so robust, him and Fred are always ready to battle in the middle of the park, but now they are showing they can also bring qualities in the attacking phases of the game.

GreatDane

He might not be perfect yet, but he plays for the badge and gives his all - love him.

kundalini

Looked good in the first half, carrying the ball forward. Also had a decent shot saved from an angle. Didn't notice him in the 14 mins he played in the 2nd half.

Walters_19_MuFc

Made some really good driving runs when he was on, which can really hurt high-pressing teams such as tonight.

Hopefully, his injury isn't too bad. With Newcastle most likely setting up with 11 men behind the ball, we'll need someone who can provide us with a goal threat from midfield.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
These powerful runs he makes from deep are becoming somewhat of a signature move for him.
He really knows how to use his body effectively when dribbling, a great attribute to have.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just love those runs with the ball, when he gets going he's very hard to stop. Hope the injury isn't bad as we're gonna need him after the return leg

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Slowly turning into a key player in the starting XI, let's hope he can keep this level up. Seen it from the likes of Lingard who have a purple patch, let's hope it's more than that.

tjb

If we can get a passing DM next to him, it would allow him to push up when we are attacking. He's clearly a box to box midfielder, not a DM.

Sylar

He looks so difficult to get off the ball. There are moments where he's surrounded by two players and he almost always turns the right way to create space and pull off a pass

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The driving runs and his quick feet in the crowded area was joy to watch. Tbf it was like watching a Spaniard with their quick feet when they are pressed.

He was immense, hopefully his injury is not serious.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He was absolutely fantastic last night. Might not be a bad shout to rest him VS Newcastle regardless of his knock (picked up 2 or 3 in the last month or so)

youngrell

Very good last night. When he’s on it his passing is lovely and crisp.

What I’d like to see from him next is thinking a couple of passes ahead. He always seems to just be focused on where he can release the ball and not how to build a move. Hopefully it comes with more experience and confidence.

CG1010

At this stage, him and Shaw are our two most important players in transitioning from defense to attack. It is essential to have atleast one of them on the pitch and preferably both of them. And oh, get our strikers in form please!

MetoTTT

Excellent game again in a box to box role. Really enjoyed his performance. He isn't a DM...Fred isn't either. I f Bailly stay fit :wenger: or we get an excellent CB, they (McT and Fred) could push up and be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.