Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's pretty shit in the air for someone his size and almost every of his 'successful' tackles involve him using his hands to grab his player.

If he wasn't from the academy, he wouldn't make it past 10 games for us.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he was decent in attack. Passed the ball quickly, didn't panic under pressure and in general quite useful. He is rather poor defensively though. Uses his frame to stop players but it's not enough on this level.

Idxomer

I thought he was decent in attack. Passed the ball quickly, didn't panic under pressure and in general quite useful. He is rather poor defensively though. Uses his frame to stop players but it's not enough on this level.
He's terrible defensively. I would love to know what he was doing here.

Mr.Kaya

The team is never controlling any midfield with him playing and as long as Ole has a hard-on for players like him, the football will remain awful and he can forget about winning any trophies.
? McFred is the best and most dynamic midfield we have when Pogba is out. McMatic on the other hand is just not the same...

Hackman2210

The team is never controlling any midfield with him playing and as long as Ole has a hard-on for players like him, the football will remain awful and he can forget about winning any trophies.
I can’t agree with this - Scott is a brilliant midfielder. We are playing with attacking full backs, 4 strikers and his midfield partner is 34. What more do you want from him. True AC Milan we’re more balanced but martial James Greenwood and Bruno kept giving the ball to them. We didn’t draw this game because of him and matic.

elmo

I can’t agree with this - Scott is a brilliant midfielder. We are playing with attacking full backs, 4 strikers and his midfield partner is 34. What more do you want from him. True AC Milan we’re more balanced but martial James Greenwood and Bruno kept giving the ball to them. We didn’t draw this game because of him and matic.
:lol:

Phil Neville is a better midfielder than Scott.

Devil may care

I thought he had one of his better games on the ball, some crisp passes fired through the lines and down the channels, defensively he's hit and miss, especially when it comes to tracking dangerous movement like on the Kessie goal that was thankfully disallowed.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Think we saw the entire package from him today. Some class dribbles and touches going forward, a few solid passes, but is not good enough to help control a game when a team wants to press high up the pitch and is all over the place defensively. But it’s not his fault, he’s a quality squad option to have but simply isn’t a great pivot man, especially next to the statue that is Matic. Him and Fred get away with it more because they both can fly around and provide enough energy especially when we are in a tight game.

criticalanalysis

He missed Fred. Actually the whole team missed Fred starting.

He's really stepped up his passing and touches when receiving the ball just outside our penalty box/facing our goal. It's actually impressive stuff. We need players with ability to take the ball on the half turn in those areas where we are trying to play out from the back.

The other stuff, some decent some not so good He just doesn't have any chemistry (understandably in a way as they barely play together) with Matic.

tjb

Mctominay actually played okay today. Good in parts, bad in parts. He exceeded tremendously in the areas I know he's good at. As a box to box player, Mctominay played really well. He was actually really good at handling pressure and moving the ball when recieving it from the defence, which was a nice change. Unfortunately, Matic was terrible in this game and as he is supposed to be the Deep lying midfielder, it meant that we had no control of the game. Mctominay is not a good defensive midfielder, that was also apparent today.

Foxbatt

He let go of the player who came into his zone. This zonal marking has been a disaster for us.

Hackman2210

:lol:

Phil Neville is a better midfielder than Scott.
Ok mate - if you say so.
If UTD played a more balanced midfield instead of 4 attackers you’d see Mct dominate games.
Our midfielders are totally exposed in Oles formation.

Hackman2210

He's pretty shit in the air for someone his size and almost every of his 'successful' tackles involve him using his hands to grab his player.

If he wasn't from the academy, he wouldn't make it past 10 games for us.
Last Sunday we won at Man City - where was the criticism then or after the Leeds game. He’s a very good player fact. He didn’t even have a bad game last night. You boys need to look at other contributors - martial poor, Greenwood not great, Dan James not great. Bruno take out his assist and he had a shocker. Scott is not Utds biggest problem - we have other issues.

Andersons Dietician

The other stuff, some decent some not so good He just doesn't have any chemistry (understandably in a way as they barely play together) with Matic.
I think you could say this for our entire front 6. None of them really have any great chemistry and none of them seem to know when to move, where to move and when to pass. Yesterday McT was either exhausted or just didn’t give a feck as he was super lazy. Amount of times he didn’t make the move in to space to give someone an easy option was doing my head in. Matic wasn’t any better and still seems set on playing as a left sided CB instead of creating offerings by moving in midfield.

The disallowed goal, he actually points to the danger and is one of the best placed to stop it and he just lets it go. Really wasn’t one of his better games yesterday.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ok mate - if you say so.
If UTD played a more balanced midfield instead of 4 attackers you’d see Mct dominate games.
Nothing wrong with playing 4 attackers and 2 6s. Scott needs to mature more as a player but he has improved a lot in the past 18 months. The real issue is Matic here, we look utter crap every time he plays

He's terrible defensively. I would love to know what he was doing here.

You could ask that question of at least 3 players in that clip. I think the whole team looked lethargic.

Scott had a decent game, everything considered. He was the only one bringing the ball forward and often the only one chasing back into the huge gaps our midfield was leaving.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The caf act like he’s Roy Keane. The average fan you’ll see on the street act like he’s a league 2 player. How can someone be so overrated & underrated at the same time? :lol:

Its mad. He’s defended to the death on here, you can’t say a bad word about him without being told to support another club, yet if you go to a pub in Manchester, or look on twitter, or for me personally my group chats, he’s jumped on very harshly for the slightest mistake.

In my opinion both sides are wrong, he’s a useful squad player & would start for midtable teams. He’s not good enough to be playing week in week out for us.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The caf act like he’s Roy Keane. The average fan you’ll see on the street act like he’s a league 2 player. How can someone be so overrated & underrated at the same time? :lol:

Its mad. He’s defended to the death on here, you can’t say a bad word about him without being told to support another club, yet if you go to a pub in Manchester, or look on twitter, or for me personally my group chats, he’s jumped on very harshly for the slightest mistake.

In my opinion both sides are wrong, he’s a useful squad player & would start for midtable teams. He’s not good enough to be playing week in week out for us.
The caf does not act like he is Roy Keane, thats just utter bullshit.

L1nk

Yesterday i was discussing with someone in one of the threads and they were claiming McTominay is a player to help us dominate the world of football in the next few seasons, and he's one of our best players overall this season, Top 2 I believe in fact. That's how deluded this forum is on this guy.

'McSauce' as he's called. Average at best and needs to be replaced, he's squad material, if even that.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yesterday i was discussing with someone in one of the threads and they were claiming McTominay is a player to help us dominate the world of football in the next few seasons, and he's one of our best players overall this season, Top 2 I believe in fact. That's how deluded this forum is on this guy.

'McSauce' as he's called. Average at best and needs to be replaced, he's squad material, if even that.
He’s extremely overrated on here. I had someone telling me we wouldn’t need to replace Pogba because “Scott is a better box to box midfielder” it’s a crazy 180 when I come on here because all of my group chats think he’s shit. I find myself arguing for Scott on WhatsApp & against him on here :lol:

youngrell

He missed Fred. Actually the whole team missed Fred starting.

He's really stepped up his passing and touches when receiving the ball just outside our penalty box/facing our goal. It's actually impressive stuff. We need players with ability to take the ball on the half turn in those areas where we are trying to play out from the back.

Did this excellently last night on several occasions. To the point where I couldn't believe Kesse and Meite were still falling for his drop of the shoulder.

I can't say I noticed too much of what he did wrong as others are so angry about, but this was very noticeable to me.

Robbie Boy

Not his best game. My take is that he's massively improved over the past 18 months or so and he's good enough to be here. He's not good enough to start though.

elmo

Ok mate - if you say so.
Our midfielders are exposed because most of them have limitations in their games which requires specific partners or they're fecked.

elmo

Last Sunday we won at Man City - where was the criticism then or after the Leeds game. He’s a very good player fact. He didn’t even have a bad game last night. You boys need to look at other contributors - martial poor, Greenwood not great, Dan James not great. Bruno take out his assist and he had a shocker. Scott is not Utds biggest problem - we have other issues.
The odd decent performances now and then doesn't hide the fact that we need an improvement on our midfielders. He's a decent squad player at best and yet he's starting in most games.

Apokalips

Agree, he is a decent squad player and nowhere near this incredible player some of the caf pretend he is when he had a purple patch of goals. It is another Lingard situation where he will dine out on a run of goals for a long time. He and Fred are both decent players but they are not the lynchpins of a consistently successful side, they are just supplemental parts. He has time to grow and improve, but he is quite average across the board, doesn't always make himself a good option to receive the ball and is a pretty average passer of the ball. We need upgrades on both him and Fred in order to be win trophies consistently.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No idea how he didn't to be honest - and in a European game no less.

If it was Mike Dean he wouldn't have been able to contain his excitement
From my perspective, which I'll assume the ref agrees with, it appeared that McTominay was about the absolutely clatter his opponent and made a big effort to avoid this rather than simply pulling him back as some might have seen it. For this reason only a free kick was awarded and a caution did not need to be issued.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s extremely overrated on here. I had someone telling me we wouldn’t need to replace Pogba because “Scott is a better box to box midfielder” it’s a crazy 180 when I come on here because all of my group chats think he’s shit. I find myself arguing for Scott on WhatsApp & against him on here :lol:

I'm not really sure what's funny about this.

Scott is a better box to box midfielder than Pogba.

A box to box midfielder has to have some attacking ability aswell as defensive abilities which they operate with pace and precision.

Pogba has hardly any box to box ability because he isnt involved defensively- this is why he is routinely getting played with Matic (who is a pure CDM) and only with Fred & Mctomminay in a diamond.

It's why Pogba is very hardly played purely with Mctomminay or Fred in a midfield partnership because as a box to box his defensive ability is not. He also passes long from deep rather than dribbling out after an interception as you may see from Mctomminay or Fred.

Pogba is used on average like a deep lying playmaker/CM which none of the rest of our players our. However Mctomminay is a better box to box than Pogba.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm not really sure what's funny about this.

Scott is a better box to box midfielder than Pogba.

A box to box midfielder has to have some attacking ability aswell as defensive abilities which they operate with pace and precision.

Pogba has hardly any box to box ability because he isnt involved defensively- this is why he is routinely getting played with Matic (who is a pure CDM) and only with Fred & Mctomminay in a diamond.

It's why Pogba is very hardly played purely with Mctomminay or Fred in a midfield partnership because as a box to box his defensive ability is not. He also passes long from deep rather than dribbling out after an interception as you may see from Mctomminay or Fred.

Pogba is used on average like a deep lying playmaker/CM which none of the rest of our players our. However Mctomminay is a better box to box than Pogba.
I see you haven’t actually watched Pogba play at all this year then, as he massively improved his defensive qualities before his last injury.

Also does running around and showing passion qualify as contributing defensively? Because that’s about all I saw from McT last night. It works okay when he has Fred to do the same thing with him, not so much when it’s anyone else.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I see you haven’t actually watched Pogba play at all this year then, as he massively improved his defensive qualities before his last injury.

Also does running around and showing passion qualify as contributing defensively? Because that’s about all I saw from McT last night. It works okay when he has Fred to do the same thing with him, not so much when it’s anyone else.
Fine. You think Pogba is a box to box player like the other guy.

I dont. I think he plays more as a deep lying playmaker during his whole United career with his passing than someone who plays like Vidal for example who has great tenacity.

Fair enough though, if he is box to box then so he is to you.

I can see why people think Scott is better at that whilst Pogba is better at providing us passing tempo and creativity to our play which he cant do when he runs around everywhere like a box to box.

NoPace

December 2020
NoPace said:
People (including me) get too up and down on McTominay. He should and probably will be the backup DM here for a long time and maybe get some time at CB depending on the manager and how much we play 3 at the back.

VDB and Fred fighting for the 8 shirt and an elite holding mid backed up by McTominay next to them (and we can play both together if we need to kill games off with parking the bus and countering fast instead of with possession).

January 2021
Might repost this monthly til I get banned
March 2021
Might repost this monthly til I get banned

Hackman2210

Pogba or McT - for me I’d play McT you know what your getting week in week out. With Pogba its a higher ceiling but also a much lower floor. Can’t understand the hate for Scott he gives 110% every time he plays. Never hides. Utd teams of the past 30 years have always had a version of McT in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.