Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There were times he did his usual trick of hiding from the ball. One particular moment when our defenders had the ball he ran about 30 metres across the pitch, completely behind an opposition player the entire way. Then when that opposition player ran out to the wing, Scott instantly got behind a second opposition player to make sure that it was still impossible for anybody to pass the ball to him. However to be fair, there were also other moments I saw him do quite well to get into space and make himself an option to pass to. Hopefully in the future we'll see more of the latter.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It's because he has no sense in what to do when we have the ball. He is not good enough to be playing as a DM.
He can´t defend, he´s super slow over first 5 meters to cover space and ask for the ball too, he can´t really pass and takes forever to release the ball because of his overal poor technique, really if he doesn´t drive with the ball forward or takes an odd shot he´s pretty useless as a DM/CM/whatever midfielder, and if you build a base on him and Pogba it will always be so slow without protection and quick passing. Fred is far from a Pirlo in a deeper role but he´s ecellent defensively, proactive defender and pass with much higher speed and better accuracy too. I mean, it was stil Granada and we could get away with that but lord, when does the mediocrity in our team ends?? We can blame Ole for not being able to impose any kidn of style but then when he relies on individuals he plays some below par players. Watching him and Dan James is like a bad dream sometimes..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His passing confuses the feck out of me, sometimes he can ping it 50 yards without breaking stride, other times he's over hitting it from 5 yards away.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
A decent option to throw on and tell to get forward or to put into a pressing 3 and keep harassing but beyond that I just don’t see it with him long term unless he improves on the ball and at tackling a lot. Steven Gerrard comparisons a few weeks ago after a few goals. May as well have just said he’s better than Lampard. This place sometimes...

Foxbatt

It's really frustrating to see him hide when our CBs have the ball. I don't think he does it deliberately. He doesn't know how to get free.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fred will (rightfully) get plaudits but I thought he was just as brilliant.

Last 20 minutes in particular he was everywhere.

Kag

I thought he played that second half very sensibly given the booking he was on. He timed everything very well.

OmarUnited4ever

I appreciate his grit & fight, good midfield performance together with Fred, they didn't allow them to play through us

Walters_19_MuFc

Power, drive, and determination.

He and Fred are Ole's trusted partnership for the so called bigger games because of the work they get through.

Are they the most creative? No, but giving us a solid base allows Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, etc to work their magic.

Devil may care

He was on the fringes of the game for chunks, got a good shot off when we were building pressure and I thought he had his best spell after Matic came on and he pushed further forward.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's hard not to love him, even if his football doesn't always set the world alight. His speaking after games is his best attitribute. He's surely a leader within the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really disappointed to see one of our own lash out the way he did, was very, very lucky to avoid a red card. The word assault springs to mind. Hopefully Son retains his eyesight, sadly some wounds never truly heal though.

Grande

Thought ge delivered a very fine performance, got most of the crucial things tight. Him and Fred in a pivot with Pogs and Bruno ahead worked well today for security and creativity.

UDontMessWith24

When he has the ball and uses his frame to bully people he looks pretty good.
They’re better when they have Pogba as a sort of drifting playmaker in front of them as well as Bruno, rather than Bruno and three players that are essentially forwards.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Situation in 90th minute is why i think he is the problem. Our guys on the left were doing one-twos and keeping the ball for 30 seconds. And then comes McT and fecks up 2m pass.

He is useful player in some games but in general not good enough.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I know a lot of you would be wondering why I'm bumping this thread up, having read through the Rice thread seeing people waxing lyrically of how good an upgrade he'll be on McT, i just want to say McT is hugely underrated by our fan base, he is the sort of player that we would have been pointing out to buy if he wasn't our player, He's been at this massive club for a longtime now and he's been improving every season since albeit slow but he has been improving nonetheless, he's handled the pressure of playing for a massive club well and this season he's contributed alot more compared to last season, i just want to say we need to support our players more rather than looking at other clubs players that are not even any better compared to what we already have in Scott.

Last edited:

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I know a lot of you would be wondering why I'm bumping this thread up, having read through the Rice thread seeing people waxing lyrically of how good an upgrade he'll be on McT, i just want to say McT is hugely underrated by our fan base, he is the sort of player that we would have been pointing out to buy if he wasn't our player, He's been at this massive club for a longtime now and he's been improving every season since albeit slow but he has been improving nonetheless, he's handled the pressure of playing for a massive club well and this season he's contributed alot more compared to last season, i just want to say we need to support our players more rather than looking at other clubs players that are not even any better compared to what we already have in Scott.
Agree 100%.

Man Utd 3:1 Burnley

Augustus Gloop

Great post mate.

Was the calmest guy on the pitch today - won’t get the plaudits he deserves. At least Ole rates him!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He and his chuckle brother shouldn't be Manchester United CM best XI.

El B

Great post mate.

Was the calmest guy on the pitch today - won’t get the plaudits he deserves. At least Ole rates him!
Upto his usual trick of hiding behind opposition players. He could be very easily upgraded. I fear he won't though due to some misguided loyalty and he will be giving his usual mediocre performances week in week out.

Augustus Gloop

Upto his usual trick of hiding behind opposition players. He could be very easily upgraded. I fear he won't though due to some misguided loyalty and he will be giving his usual mediocre performances week in week out.
You’re speaking trash. He had the second most amount of touches of any player on the pitch. Try to be original instead of copying something someone else has said on the internet.

Foxbatt

He is simply not good enough. The fact he may have the most touches is not important. Look at the cross he didn't put in for Cavani. These are the major kind of problems with him. His passing and his vision is not good enough.

Idxomer

He did get on the ball a lot but hardly did anything with it, a lot of hesitation and not enough tempo.

His best contribution was the run and shot inside the box which is something he's really good at.

El B

You’re speaking trash. He had the second most amount of touches of any player on the pitch. Try to be original instead of copying something someone else has said on the internet.
Ha! Get a load of this guy. He's not gonna shag you.
2nd most touches and did nothing with them. He has a terrible habit of standing directly behind the opposition when our players are looking for an option. Been doing it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.