5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

I'm a big fan of his, but if he could just learn to pass he'd be one of the best midfielders around. He has everything else, just his passing is so inaccurate.

I don't want him replaced as he makes us much more solid, but he needs to be spending everyday in training and in the summer practising his passes.

LJJT

I thought he played well today, especially first half he was in beast mode. Not so good second half

Triple.Threat

Does anyone have McTominay passing completion stats career or game? It couldn't be higher than mid 30%.

People need to stop kidding themselves about this guy, hes not good enough. He honestly wouldn’t look out of place in a West Brom team and thats me being kind.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Apart from his stamina and willingness to press, he's garbage.

If he weren't from the academy, everyone would be asking for him to be sold. He's a championship level player at best.

Skills

Snitch
That pass to AWB at the end kinda sums him up for me. That's a piss easy pass, but he got the weight and line of it wrong so AWB had change his stride/direction just to get the ball.

You can't have a midfielder at this level who's that bad at the basics

Roboc7

He was useless, every so often he out muscled someone but he was ball watching and slow to get into position and constantly giving the ball away. I get why we play him and Fred but it’s shocking that’s our plan A.

el3mel

Can't enter next season starting with him and Fred. Diabolical midfield combo.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm a big fan of his, but if he could just learn to pass he'd be one of the best midfielders around. He has everything else, just his passing is so inaccurate.

I don't want him replaced as he makes us much more solid, but he needs to be spending everyday in training and in the summer practising his passes.
It's not just his passing that's the problem though. He does not receive the ball from his defenders in a way that puts him in total control. He's also not quick enough on the ball. Matic is similar but Matic offsets this by being a clever manipulator of the ball. McTominay's not.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a terrible game, not just this one. He has been his poor form for many weeks now, shouldn't be starting for us.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cant be our number one midfielder next season. Just cant. He likely will though.

Little confidence this club will pluck a quality midfielder from somewhere.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He can't pass, can't tackle without fouling and doesn't dare to shoot.

The only way he'll be one of the best midfielders around is if everyone else stops playing in midfield. Not sure how he made it through our academy with so many problems with his techniques.

edgecutter

He isn't good enough. He doesn't make any of the top sides midfield and that should tell you he shouldn't be starting for us.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s nice enough but we can’t be professing and playing McTominay, Fred or Matic regularly.

Simple as that.

Rajma

He’s the worst midfielder I’ve seen in a United shirt. Tragic and belongs in the championship. If Ole is not prioritizing midfield this summer we can write off another season.

Idxomer

Nope.

His touch is terrible, his ball manipulation is garbage and he can't sense danger even if it's staring him in the face. He's also clumsy as hell.

If it weren't for Moutinho's ego, he wouldn't be at the club right now.

acnumber9

He was truly dreadful. What annoyed me the most though was that five minute spell where he tried to play a diagonal ball in behind every single time he got it and kept doing it despite it never coming close to working.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was far better than Fred... though he was shit himself. Out of form. But generally shouldn't be more than a squad player.

acnumber9

Nope.

His touch is terrible, his ball manipulation is garbage and he can't sense danger even if it's staring him in the face. He's also clumsy as hell.

If it weren't for Moutinho's ego, he wouldn't be at the club right now.
His positioning is shit too. Let’s not blame Mourinho for this though. Solskjaer has played him considerably more regularly than Mourinho ever did.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is not improving at all, his developmemt has stalled for probably two years now.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Out of position and brutally exposed in this type of game. Scott is best when he can charge into opposition box late. Asking him to keep it nice and tidy deep in midfield is misuse.

Triple.Threat

Unfortunately, he lacks the pure basic fundamentals of a midfield player. He can't pass or retain the ball to save his life, and can't direct a simple header defensive or offensive.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This is the absolute best of McTom, imo. This is his ceiling. He's done brilliantly to make a career at our club.

R77

I've been a big fan of his, but he needs upgrading with someone that can pass. Was just shocking in that regard today.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Anonymous apart from the odd foul. Which we should expect cos he's really not as good as we all want him to be. I compared him to Darron Gibson recently, I don't see how I am being unfair. He will score the odd drive from range but he ain't It'd quality.
Gibbo was better.

SER19

Another very good player but is he CL last 4 level? We need to up our standards in terms of starters. Mct a very useful player over a season

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This is the absolute best of McTom, imo. This is his ceiling. He's done brilliantly to make a career at our club.
That's my view on him as well. Also he had very good first half of the season.

He'll have a good career with us, as a makeshift defender/midfielder. A bit like O'Shea. Just don't consider him as first choice midfielder.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s not a DM. I’ll shout that to the rooftops! If he has ambition he’d ask for a move. I could see him doing a great job as an 8 in a midtable/Europa team. He’s never going to get to fully show what he can do here. He’s not good enough to start, especially when we’re playing him out of position.

Ekeke

70.3% pass accuracy today. And he did play 1 or two nice switches and longer passes but lets be honest, most of his attempted passes are easy ones just to keep the ball. 70% is nowhere near what you'd expect from a player in his position unless he had the cutting edge of Fernandes and set up 3 or 4 chances. He didnt.

Blood Mage

A bang average footballer who has been given a role he's not suited to, but he would still be average even if we used him correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.