Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He just can't play football at Premier League level.

His technique in isolation of everything else is so poor on the eye, bar a few speculative strikes which have gone his way.

Another one who needs the boot...although the way things are we'll have no midfield left :lol:

Chripper

Or any midfielder who imposes themselves on the game rather than being a passenger and there just to nullify the opposition. Who is the big question though.
While the other 9 outfield players are ball watching?

As I said, rewatch the match: https://fullmatchsreplay.com/manchester-united-vs-chelsea-full-match-highlights-28-april-2022/3/

None of our players had any breathing time on the ball.
So you would know how good he was. He was dumped into his debut against Liverpool and he didn't look out of place at all. Battered John Barnes off the pitch.He went from being on the dole to being amongst the best midfielders in the world in ten years. His passing was his most under rated strength, forward passing, breaking the lines, always crisp, precise and weighted.

McT has spent his entire career being coached at one of the biggest clubs in the world, by top class coaches. Yet, he struggles to control and pass a ball more than 5 or 10 yards properly. He's just a typical example of English academies focusing on physique and athleticism over actual footballing ability. He doesn't want the ball because he doesn't know what to do with it when he gets it.

As the old saying goes, if you can't pass you can't play.
You really want to go there? Want to take a back in time and see who Keane's teammates were? His manger?

Talking of Nottingham Forest. Wasn't Roy Keane in the Forest squad? A young Roy Keane, but a Roy Keane, nonetheless. Stuart Pearce was also in that team.

There's a reason why it's called a team game.

Last night none of our players had time on the ball emough to pass thr ball. Chelsea's press was that good.

Laying 100% of the blame for Chelsea having 628 to out 345 and Chelsea having 75% possession to our 35%, solely on one player, irrespective of who it is, is nothing more than mob mentality and blame culture.

Chripper

My 6 year old said to me there is a load more clips to add to his hiding youtube clips

A six year old
Tell your 6 year old to look up the definition of "spacial awareness".

If you agree with a 6 year old, then perhaps you should look it up, too.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's just an ordinary footballer. Even last season when we weren't goddamn pathetic statistically he didn't shine in any department with the exception of aerial battles and thats not just comparing midfielders in this league, it's comparing him to midfielders in the main five European leagues. He's just a non entity of a footballer and yes he isn't the only reason why we're shit. Pairing him up with Matic who was done as a top level footballer 2 seasons ago is tragic and we all know the failings of McFred. But when teams run through the middle of the park with ease, which teams do on a regular basis then you have to start questioning your midfield. He's a piss poor DM and doesn't have the passing range to be a CM. He's just not cut for this level. He isn't a youngster anymore, this is his level and it's way, way short of what it needs to be.

It's not a witch hunt, it's not targeting him out, it's just stating hard truths.

humdinger

I stick up for McT as he’s one of the few who seems to care but that’s an absolutely shocking statistic and he should hang his head in shame.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I stick up for McT as he’s one of the few who seems to care but that’s an absolutely shocking statistic and he should hang his head in shame.
Trouble is caring isn't enough you need talent as well. I care but I would not be chosen to play for Manchester United.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The fact they were misplaced isn’t the problem, he made 3 passes in 40 mins. That has to be the most tragic thing. If it was 15-20 misplaced passes then the stat would be more relevant.

Siorac

And that's one of the craziest things that I've ever seen on this website.

During the entire 90 minutes last night, none of our players had a minute on the ball. For the majority of the match, the players were lumping it forward and panicking.
Sounds like that having a midfielder who doesn't panic under pressure and is a good passer would have been useful.

DDG FC

Scotty is just not good enough to play for United. Yes he cares about the club, he would fight for the club, but he just shows his lack of abilities everytime on the pitch.

Poor passing, lack of vision, awful defensive positioning. If I am RR I rather put mata the starting XI, even with his age and body type he gives great pass, more off the ball movement.

Next season better use James Garner if no CDM is coming.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

As I said, rewatch the match: https://fullmatchsreplay.com/manchester-united-vs-chelsea-full-match-highlights-28-april-2022/3/

You really want to go there? Want to take a back in time and see who Keane's teammates were? His manger?

Talking of Nottingham Forest. Wasn't Roy Keane in the Forest squad? A young Roy Keane, but a Roy Keane, nonetheless. Stuart Pearce was also in that team.

Last night none of our players had time on the ball emough to pass thr ball. Chelsea's press was that good.

Laying 100% of the blame for Chelsea having 628 to out 345 and Chelsea having 75% possession to our 35%, solely on one player, irrespective of who it is, is nothing more than mob mentality and blame culture.
Scott's not the only reason for it, but he is probably the single biggest contributor and the easiest to upgrade on.

The midfield has the biggest contribution to possession, control and style. Having somebody like Scott in there who regularly does a Mr Invisible act, doesn't make himself available to receive the ball, and then when he does get on the ball does very little with it, is a huge negative to the team actually getting any kind of control.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I feel like criticizing any single player in isolation in this team is like critiquing the windshield wiper of a wrecked car.

Oranges038

Not laying 100% of the blame on him.

It just highlights how poor he really is. This is a guy who has been out fought, out thought and outplayed by almost every midfielder he's come up against in a Utd shirt. This season alone he's been shown up by Cleverly and a 37 year old Moutinho amongst many others.

Roy Keane played in a relegation threatened Forrest side and he regularly played right back, right midfield, centre midfield amongst other positions and proved himself to be one of the best and most sought after players in the league.

McTominay would struggle to get into the Everton, Burnley, Watford or Norwich midfields. He just doesn't have enough about his game to be playing for Man Utd, we've seen enough of him now to know that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Tell your 6 year old to look up the definition of "spacial awareness".

If you agree with a 6 year old, then perhaps you should look it up, too.
Do you have a direct comment for me or are you just being a smart arse for the sake of it?

humdinger

Trouble is caring isn't enough you need talent as well. I care but I would not be chosen to play for Manchester United.
Can’t disagree, there’s absolutely no defending him after that. He clearly shouldn’t start for us but I thought he could do a job as a squad option but…that stat is mind blowingly bad!! Ten Hag won’t tolerate that at all surely.

NotQuiteManc

Should only be a backup like Jones. He just doesn't have the quality to be a good midfielder. Let alone a good one at United.

Polar

I agree he is much to limited to be a starter. It became crystal clear when I watched how the Chelsea players handled the ball yesterday and what’s the technical standard among top players today.

I had high hopes for McT, but he unfortunately hasn’t developed the last couple of years.He may be a valuable squad player under certain conditions, example when we need a warrior in second half against inferior teams.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That "care" argument is a myth. You think that Varane, Dave, Ronaldo, Bruno, Fred....don't care? With McT it is the case that he can't offer a simple pass (which he is aware of) so he dives in a few hard tackles and kisses the badge in front of cameras so fans think that he cares more than others.

Well, maybe he even does. Because he knows that his career after United is bench of some low table PL club. But nevertheless, "caring" shouldn't be a standard for our players. You are either good for Man Utd or not. McT is not good enough even for Burnley. Worst United starter ever

luke511

Seeing posters who were defending him saying he was good enough only 3 or 4 weeks ago now complain about the same issues -

pillo o'culture

Supports
utub disliek button
Kid might mistaking his role. He probably thought he only need to press and breakdown play, and leave the makeup play to more sound technical player. Thus he has no business to find/make room for his mates, help recycle, switchup, linkup, and strategically notice other player to keep the shape compact, and soon.
Because theres no excuse to have such miniscule passing rate on that role, except he got double team 24/7.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't even care if Mctominay brought something extra to the team off the ball, but he doesn't. He's not fantastic at tackling, pressing, ball carrying, shooting, crossing, heading... he just doesn't really excel at anything.

Walters_19_MuFc

His passing percentage is decent because he makes short and backward passes most of the time. You need to look number of passes to see the big picture, quite often he makes same number of passes as attacking players which is criminal.

And that's still least of his worries, without the ball he is literally our worst player, he has no.idea how to defend or move when he doesn't have the ball.

I beg you to concentrate on him and watch him individually during our games and you'll see what I am talking about.
I beg you to read my post properly before you reply.

Walters_19_MuFc

Point is that Chelsea's full back had 4 times as much of the ball as Utds centre mid. That's just appalling.

Regardless of structure off the ball, he's just not good enough on it. Doesn't look for it, doesn't demand it, doesn't want it and when he gets it his touch, vision and awareness is poor and his passing range is extremely limited.

He's just not very good, and his and Fred's lack of ability on the ball is a massive reason why this team cannot hold onto possession to build and maintain pressure in games.
I don't get it. How can you blame that on our centre midfielders? Surely that's a team issue. If Pogba and Matic were in the midfield, would it have been any different?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Handy squad player. Nothing more, nothing less. Definitely not one we should be looking to move out of the club, just closer to the bench.

Walters_19_MuFc

I’ll say it again. We’re getting exactly what we deserve as a fanbase. Revisionism at its finest. His absent performances were one of the key factors in OgSs downfall. The narrative around this guy is something I’d expect in a Marvel movie, ‘stepped up’, behave.

The fact some continue to defend such poor figures is exactly why we’re in the mess we’re in. He played 39 minutes of a half in a central midfield role before he completed a pass. That’s a dereliction of duty if ever there was one. For all the hype around his comments off the pitch he continues to let us down on it, half decent team or not, 39 minutes of football without a pass on target should be reprehensible.
What am I defending? I pointed out overall stats and stuff that has happened on the pitch this season, whereas you are talking about one game in which we were dominated.

Even when RR came in, he more or less said McTominay was undroppable. Even tipped him as a United captain in a couple of years. Like it or not, he's been our most consistent player, hence why he and Fred always play in the bigger games. Again, some may argue that's why we're so poor, but I don't see the so called more talented players stepping up. They've been trash!

Is that me saying he should be a starter next season? No, but McTominay is the least of our worries when we have people who think its ok to walk all over the fecking pitch.

I can tell you for a fact that McTominay won't be on that list of concerns that RR puts to ten Hag.

Zoo

Did you think Henderson was good enough for Liverpool's squad?
When they signed him it was a big debate for sure. But he had shown good ability as a right sided midfielder at Sunderland and was known as one of the talented young English players in the league. McTominay hasn’t ever shown anything like that.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
If McTominay was half the player Henderson ever was, we wouldn't be having those debates. On top of everything, as a 25 year old, he's entered his prime.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Scotty is just not good enough to play for United. Yes he cares about the club, he would fight for the club, but he just shows his lack of abilities everytime on the pitch.
I agree with you, but it would not surprise me if ETH made him captain.
If I were manager, I make him a squad player, behind some youth players. He has about 1 good game in 20.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The quicker we upgrade this guy the better… only a fool would think we could control matches with him in the middle. Dunno why mourinho or Solskjær didn’t upgrade him, mainly Solskjær because it was mourinho that promoted him but I think that was mainly down to having a lack of midfield options and just so mourinho could say he stuck by the clubs traditions of promoting players.

Status
Not open for further replies.