Dalot 0
Telles 0
Matic 0
Fred 0

Is McTom fantastic? No.
Is he the sole problem? No
How is possible to collectively be so shit at tackling? :lol:

hobbers

Garbage on the ball, a coward who hides when we have possession, and a wreckless moron who concedes endless fouls when we don’t.

Worst player we’ve had in the prem era who’s been a regular starter over several seasons.

He wouldn’t get on the pitch for the relegation sides.

zaafi

I won't watch United next season if McTominay is a starter. What a truly awful player. Mourinho, Solskjaer and Rangnick all loved him. And they all failed. How can you like a football player that can't pass or control a football? He genuinely makes me sick and annoyed. Football becomes a chore when I see him play. Wow. You know when you're talking to someone who don't like football and they're like "it's just a bunch of grown men chasing a football". That's Scott McTominay. Waste of a football player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The most depressing and scary thing is that he will be part of team next year. And will play a lot

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We somehow thought that a player who's not good enough for Scotland midfield is good enough for us :houllier:

How the feck did someone of his standards make it through our academy? He's fecking terrible at anything that involves being an actual football player.

We need a relook into our academy set up so people can finally figure out how someone with poor technique, low workrate and low determination made it through our Academy.

hobbers

Had second most tackles won today, with 3
Varane had 4
Lindelof 0
Dalot 0
Telles 0
Matic 0
Fred 0

Is McTom fantastic? No.
All of those tackles were made after we were 4-0 down.

In other words - irrelevant

In Rainbows

We somehow thought that a player who's not good enough for Scotland midfield is good enough for us :houllier:

How the feck did someone of his standards make it through our academy? He's fecking terrible at anything that involves being an actual football player.
A lot of players who aren't close to United standard make it through our academy. They're usually there to fill up numbers for the few who have a chance.

jesperjaap

Im not sure if I want to like him or hate him and its neither. I think he has a great attitude and professionalism and drive, but I dont think he has either the ability or intelligence to progress further than he has reached.

And though he has a place in certain scenarios, his peak simply isnt good enough. Really he only stays in the squad for me for his professionalism and loyalty....like an OShea, Evans etc etc who were all better players anyway

SNes

He was top class at pointing, there were at least 2 or 3 times in the second half that his pointing was world-class.

L1nk

I still cannot believe someone on this forum tried to convince me, before Ole was sacked, that any success we have going forward McTominay would be the cornerstone of the midfield of that success, I still wish I could find the quotes.

Genuinely one of the worst midfielders to ever play for this club.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He wasnt the problem today. The entire team is rotten and one way or another he is a part of that, although it feels like he at least has some pashun so might be salvageable.

I feel like I say this after every game, but he isnt a DM. Defensive awareness and positioning are just completely alien to him - its baffling how bad these attributes are. He looks far more comfortable and competent further up the pitch, supporting attacks. Play a proper DM behind him in a 4-3-3 and I think he can be useful. If we are to persist with the double pivot though, he shouldnt be part of it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Im not sure if I want to like him or hate him and its neither. I think he has a great attitude and professionalism and drive, but I dont think he has either the ability or intelligence to progress further than he has reached.

And though he has a place in certain scenarios, his peak simply isnt good enough. Really he only stays in the squad for me for his professionalism and loyalty....like an OShea, Evans etc etc who were all better players anyway
Loyalty to United or playing in championship. Hm, tough choice.
And professionalism? Based on what you think that he is more pro than others?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Had second most tackles won today, with 3
Varane had 4
Lindelof 0
Dalot 0
Telles 0
Matic 0
Fred 0

Is McTom fantastic? No.
Where'd you get your stats?

Not saying they are wrong, but they are completely different than whoscored.

It says McTominay made 0 tackles (but made 5 fouls :lol: ), while Matic and Fred both made 3 tackles each despite only being on the field for 45 minutes each. Dalot also made 3.

Skills

Snitch
He wasnt the problem today. The entire team is rotten and one way or another he is a part of that, although it feels like he at least has some pashun so might be salvageable.

I feel like I say this after every game, but he isnt a DM. Defensive awareness and positioning are just completely alien to him - its baffling how bad these attributes are. He looks far more comfortable and competent further up the pitch, supporting attacks. Play a proper DM behind him in a 4-3-3 and I think he can be useful. If we are to persist with the double pivot though, he shouldnt be part of it.
Here's the question though, why the feck would you ever even think about giving someone with his sort of talent ceiling that kind of freedom?

We never accommodated Paul Pogba, yet we need to give Scott fecking McTominay a free role in front a DM?

In Rainbows

The problem is, why on earth would you settle for his attacking skill when there are others who would be much better? He doesn't have anything to his skillset, apart from being able to put a foot through the ball.

hobbers

He's not a number 8 either. He's useless with the ball and hides in possession.

We've put a brainless Championship level plodder into our midfield and wonder why teams breeze through us.

KeanoMagicHat

He’s unable to protect any defence, or able to control a game whatsoever, so it begs the question of what is he good for?

el3mel

Shame how his career panned out to be. At one point I thought he can be really good.

Now ? Absolute shit.

LDUred

Don't think he's the reason why we're so abject but I can't see him forming part of any successful team in the future.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Here's the question though, why the feck would you ever even think about giving someone with his sort of talent ceiling that kind of freedom?

We never accommodated Paul Pogba, yet we need to give Scott fecking McTominay a free role in front a DM?
Oh I agree. I like McTominay and often defend him, but he certainly isnt a player for us to build around. Im just saying that the crapness of his performances are amplified by the fact that he is playing in a position that really highlights his worst qualities. He is mostly fine on the ball, in terms of beating players on the turn, dribbling and pinging forward passes into the front three. As a DM however, it is plain to see that he has no concept of marking or spatial awareness, both when defending and when we are trying to play out from the back.

jesperjaap

Loyalty to United or playing in championship. Hm, tough choice.
And professionalism? Based on what you think that he is more pro than others?
He always puts the effort in, he doesnt hide behind excuses, doesnt whinge or complain, comes across well and carign in interviews.

I am not a fan, never rated him as a player, always found it hilarious people on here comparing him to Rice even three years ago, always been light years apart.

But next season with a cull and incomign players, I feel we definately need behind the very few players of quality we have, a core of players with the right attitude that really care about the club, not there own image within it (Rashford, Lingard for example). I think that is vital wthin the dressing woom within the short term and that is why liek I said I would keep him in the short term

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Shame how his career panned out to be. At one point I thought he can be really good.

Now ? Absolute shit.
I remember thinking he could actually be class after that 6-2 against Leeds, clearly I'm abysmal at judging talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.