Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The scary part is... He keeps getting picked for the starting eleven. How crap is our alternatives if he gets picked ahead of them? Cause I doubt all the managers that he's played under are so blind that they don't see how crap of a player he is...
It's only because Matic can no longer run. So essentially we have no CMs. Madness thay this was allowed to happen at a club like United with our resources. We should have signed two CMs under Ole instead of wasting money on young wingers, VdB and co

Chripper

How much would he cost? £25m? £30m ?
TBD.

Who knows what he's worth as (apart from Jose) he's been coached by Ole for three years. Declan Rice would be valued £25m - £30m if he were under the tutelage of Ole.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How much would he cost? £25m? £30m ?
We'd probably get £20M for him. But that's not the issue. The issue is that managers keep using him and he stinks up the midfield. He has 1 good game in 20 and we lose every single midfield battle - no matter who we play.
It is astounding that McFred has survived this long and continue to survive.

Chripper

We'd probably get £20M for him. But that's not the issue. The issue is that managers keep using him and he stinks up the midfield. He has 1 good game in 20 and we lose every single midfield battle - no matter who we play.
It is astounding that McFred has survived this long and continue to survive.
People just aren't getting it.

How much good games does Maguire have in 20? Shaw? Pogba? Sancho?

How much did those 4 cost? I'll ballpark it. £240m?

Arbitrarily picking out one player is so... arbitrary.

Spaghetti

Mom's
People just aren't getting it.

How much good games does Maguire have in 20? Shaw? Pogba? Sancho?

How much did those 4 cost? I'll ballpark it. £240m?

Arbitrarily picking out one player is so... arbitrary.
They also, rightly, get no end of stick.

McTominay isn’t being singled out.

He is shit, though. I think the difference is that shit is about his maximum level.

Idxomer

He's a player who shows the same flaws in whatever position he plays.

Some here think Ten Hag will turn him into a defender but he will need to transform him into a footballer first.

Dan_F

I haven’t been watching with full attention, but he’s not been good for Scotland so far.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I haven’t been watching with full attention, but he’s not been good for Scotland so far.
Really??

He's been very good since moving into midfield I think. Has been involved in the two best moves for Scotland.

Dan_F

Really??

He's been very good since moving into midfield I think. Has been involved in the two best moves for Scotland.
Shows how closely I’m watching then. Every time I look up he seems to be losing the ball.

Pirlo'sBeard

He’s been one of their best players since moving to CM. Some lovely passes between the lines. This place is a fecking toxic mess.
I'm not watching the game. I'm talking about his performances for United over the years. He's a midfielder who always hides away from the ball and is technically very poor. What's he good at?

If we want to be a serious side, then a player of his quality should be nowhere near the team.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Robindinho

It's the jogging what gets me. Just no urgency about him at all - whether that be closing someone down or tracking back.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He’s been one of their best players since moving to CM. Some lovely passes between the lines. This place is a fecking toxic mess.
I hate that word with a passion. Any and all criticism of our players is "toxic" according to some here. No matter how legitimate the criticism, just call it toxic and the discussion is immediately shut down.

Why don't we just turn into RAWK circa 2008 instead? Let's just collectively delude ourselves into believing our players are the best in the world in every position, next year is our year, and if anything goes wrong it's due to referee corruption.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Didnt move the ball well at the end at all there. There was about 20mins of the ball being lost in the build up.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm not watching the game. I'm talking about his performances for United over the years. He's a midfielder who always hides away from the ball and is technically very poor. What's he good at?

If we want to be a serious side, then a player of his quality should be nowhere near the team.
This place is for discussing performances. It stands to reason most would assume your post was about the Scotland game, otherwise it's a completely random bit of vitriol on your part.

I hate that word with a passion. Any and all criticism of our players is "toxic" according to some here. No matter how legitimate the criticism, just call it toxic and the discussion is immediately shut down.

Why don't we just turn into RAWK circa 2008 instead? Let's just collectively delude ourselves into believing our players are the best in the world in every position, next year is our year, and if anything goes wrong it's due to referee corruption.
:lol: We've already got this bit down.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Every other post on this forum is someone either shitting on Maguire or mctominay. You’ve literally got a post above from someone who has randomly decided to come into this performance thread and say he’s rubbish - a really wonderfully constructive post. Has he been watching the Scotland game? No. He’s obviously just got Mctominay on the brain. If you want to go around posting shite at the easy targets then do it. But don’t get all high and mighty about “standards” and “telling it like it is” - you’re just being a toxic shite adding noise on the Internet and I’m going to say it’s toxic bullshit. “Hate it with a passion” - Get a new passion.

Idxomer

This place is for discussing performances. It stands to reason most would assume your post was about the Scotland game, otherwise it's a completely random bit of vitriol on your part.
He was terrible against Ukraine.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Didnt move the ball well at the end at all there. There was about 20mins of the ball being lost in the build up.
He played numerous balls through the lines to McGinn and played a great pass into the box to Adams. Scotland were miles better when he went into CM and when Gilmore came off. He was genuinely shite as a CB though.

Stadjer

It's the jogging what gets me. Just no urgency about him at all - whether that be closing someone down or tracking back.
Pogba got nicknamed Jogba here for doing it but i think i see McT do it -atleast- just as often.. although to be fair, McT has been fit a lot more so more chances to see it. The only midfielder who usually isnt jogging is Fred.

It is kind of strange, i dont often see people praising McT for his footballing abilities but he does get mentioned for his work ethic and basically for having ''passion and desire''.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He played numerous balls through the lines to McGinn and played a great pass into the box to Adams. Scotland were miles better when he went into CM and when Gilmore came off. He was genuinely shite as a CB though.
I have been a defender of McTom for a long while but he honestly just didn't look good enough as either CB or CM. Scotland had a whole bunch of possession and built a bunch of pressure and ultimately it largely lead to nothing, a good chunk of that is on McTominay IMO, one or two good through balls aside.

TOKUGAWA-X

Once again not good enough.

Tonight was an amazing opportunity for him to show he is a leader, he is not and for most of the game he was a disaster.

Its really difficult to win massive games with players like him that arent good enough with the ball and dont even have that bravery, desire, fire inside to go through games like this.

I have seen enough, he is a headless chicken with no pride that shouldnt play for United.

El__Jingo

he was dreadful, even when he moved into midfield he didn't have any effect on the game what so ever. few times yet again he'd lose possession then jog back.
i pray ETH was watching that game.

Rajma

:lol: Compare that to Zinchenko’s masterclass and the guy can’t even get into City’s midfield and is a makeshift LB. The fans are truly a problem at this club for accepting such awful standards.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I have been a defender of McTom for a long while but he honestly just didn't look good enough as either CB or CM. Scotland had a whole bunch of possession and built a bunch of pressure and ultimately it largely lead to nothing, a good chunk of that is on McTominay IMO, one or two good through balls aside.
Yeah I think the fact it’s on Mctominay is pretty ludicrous considering he was CB for 65 minutes and the last 5 plus minutes he was a big man up front. The only time they got between the lines and looked dangerous was when he went into CM. In that time I can think of at least 4 passes between the lines, the McGinn sitter that he was heavily involved in, another time he got to the byline and stuck in a dangerous cross and the goal where he just stood there which caused the keeper. He was much better than Gilmore, McGinn, Robertson, Hickey and a good few others on the pitch.

A Scottish fan on Twitter said he should be fighting in Ukraine as punishment for his performance. Now I didn’t watch the full 90mins, was it that bad? :lol:

Rajma

A Scottish fan on Twitter said he should be fighting in Ukraine as punishment for his performance. Now I didn’t watch the full 90mins, was it that bad? :lol:
Truly dreadful, couldn’t control and the football to save his life.

Barthez

Not good enough, never has been. Sentimentality needs to be eradicated from this club going forward.

Wayne's World

He has to be one of the worst players I have seen with the ball at his feet. He can't do the basics of passing right at all, it's either straight to an opposition player or 10 yards in front of his team mate and lose possession

Nothing sums up Manchester United more in these last few years is him. Painful player

Rajma

Zinchenko would start in CM for most PL clubs. Well done for using the word standards though - what an original specimen you are.
I’m glad you’re happy that midfielder starting for Manchester United managed to complete a few basic passes during the 15min spell. Normally he doesn’t manage even that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I’m glad you’re happy that midfielder starting for Manchester United managed to complete a few basic passes during the 15min spell. Normally he doesn’t manage even that.
That’s weird. He’s in the top 70th percentile of midfielders for pass completion. So it seems like he does normally do that. His last 3 managers have all loved him too. And not to trigger you too much - but McLaren is on record of loving him also. So you may just have to get used to “my standards” for a little while yet. Should he be an automatic starter? No. Is he better than the nonsense people like you say about him? Infinitely.

Rajma

That’s weird. He’s in the top 70th percentile of midfielders for pass completion. So it seems like he does normally do that. His last 3 managers have all loved him too. And not to trigger you too much - but McLaren is on record of loving him also. So you may just have to get used to “my standards” for a little while yet. Should he be an automatic starter? No. Is he better than the nonsense people like you say about him? Infinitely.
And how did it all go for those last 3 managers that loved him?

Blood Mage

A championship level footballer and a good representation of how low standards have fallen at United. He shouldn't start another game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.