5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

im allergic to this player? ole's keane? maybe oles liam miller. This guy have no clue what midfielder should do. The biggest myth is he is work his socks off or that he can defend. He cant do nothing. He is passenger, he is coward, he is championship level. And plays all the matches. Total shayt all season.
It's in poor taste to bring Liam Miller who passed away into your criticism of Mct..

Yes Mct is shit .. but don't bring Liam Miller into it

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm going to judge the next manager on how he uses players like McTominay. If he keeps getting selected game after game then you know his judgment is shit

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's a perfect example of positive racism really, if he wasn't Scottish, he would be already out of the club or somewhere on loan, to be sold soonafter. There's really nothing against the lad himself but British players and the media drive bias is just horrific and doesn't do us any good. Of course SAF will be happy to tap him on the back enjoying a fellow country man coming up from our academy to make the grade and enjoy some minutes in the first team. Like he was never wrong about a player. Or the same way, Mourinho who tried to prove a point with him. The truth is even someone like Mark Noble would be a better fit for us and quality right now than Scott.

He's done well for himself but the highest level of football is not for him - positional sense, passing lacking so much behind it's incredible to see him getting so many games in that midfield, for a player who actually never starts there even for such uninspiring Scottish side.

Oranges038

Schooled by Cleverly today.

Mad that a guy who was shipped out years ago is still a better player than this lad and most of the current midfield.

FerociousCorgis

mctominay is the perfect example of why this is on Ole. He keeps picking this guy to start every single damn game, even though he is subjectively terrible.

RooneyLegend

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. The lad simply can't play. The lad will never learn how to play. He's lucky to be in the league let alone at United. It's a travesty that he's played so much for us.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't understand why we tend to overrate Scottish players so much. I remember when Fletcher was coming up. He was the guy SAF wanted to give his debut to at 16 years of age which is extraordinary considering that Paul Scholes had to wait in his 20s for that. Then Fletcher got his shot and for many years he was simply meah. After 5 minutes of coaching experience he became our technical director. God bless the guy.

McT is what says on the tin. He's all passion and little more. He'd probably be half decent as a backup B2B player but that's all.

432JuanMata

Remember people saying he was Jose love child and brought hate on Jose and Scott?
He had now played more than double games under Ole than he did Jose. When he was given game time under Jose I never understood why and 3 years later I’m more confused.
He is championship level and I really mean that

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't understand why we tend to overrate Scottish players so much. I remember when Fletcher was coming up. He was the guy SAF wanted to give his debut to at 16 years of age which is extraordinary considering that Paul Scholes had to wait in his 20s for that. Then Fletcher got his shot and for many years he was simply meah. After 5 minutes of coaching experience he became our technical director. God bless the guy.

McT is what says on the tin. He's all passion and little more. He'd probably be half decent as a backup B2B player but that's all.
I’m not having Fletcher & this guy in the same sentence, sorry. This lad would love to be Fletcher.

devilish

I’m not having Fletcher & this guy in the same sentence, sorry. This lad would love to be Fletcher.
Oh talent wise they were on a different level. All I am saying is that we do love to overrate Scottish players. I mean I heard it countless times that if Fletcher was available in that one sided CL final against Barca then things would have been different. Its hilarious really as there's no way that Fletcher would tip the balance between our team and prime Barca with Messi, Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta.

sp_107

who ever plays next to him in CM looks so bad, hence i want to see Fred or |VDB next to a proper DM

Ixion

I think he's alright and maybe under better coaches could improve, I can see a place for him in the squad but not our first choice DM, that is nuts, it's not even his position.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is another one who is pulling academy card. He should be on the bench of Burnley or Newcastle. I can't remember when we had this much untalented player in team. People will say Bebe but it is not even close

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Amazing at playing hide and seek with the ball. Might be the biggest coward I've seen play regularly for us.

Trequarista10

He's a perfect example of positive racism really, if he wasn't Scottish, he would be already out of the club or somewhere on loan, to be sold soonafter. There's really nothing against the lad himself but British players and the media drive bias is just horrific and doesn't do us any good. Of course SAF will be happy to tap him on the back enjoying a fellow country man coming up from our academy to make the grade and enjoy some minutes in the first team. Like he was never wrong about a player. Or the same way, Mourinho who tried to prove a point with him. The truth is even someone like Mark Noble would be a better fit for us and quality right now than Scott.

He's done well for himself but the highest level of football is not for him - positional sense, passing lacking so much behind it's incredible to see him getting so many games in that midfield, for a player who actually never starts there even for such uninspiring Scottish side.
Mourinho promoted him from nowhere purely because of his height and physique. His nationality wasn't a factor. We've let plenty of better British academy players than McTominay leave. He's just been extremely lucky. Right place, right time, right size.

My very speculative theory is as follows: He's always praised for his mentality and attitude but in my opinion he has just played into that. Like the teacher's pet at school, or the guy at work who ingratiates themselves with management. He talks of determination, accountability, working hard, drive to win, training is important as match days etc etc. It's all the right stuff to say. Thing is, I dont believe him. I think it's just lip service. It's like he knew what the coaches looked for in players and he played into that. Its as though a cunning agent or parent told him to watch some Roy Keane interviews and learn to recite him. On the pitch, it's clear he doesn't take accountability. Hes the polar opposite of Roy Keane on the pitch. He hides. He literally fecking hides when we're playing out from the back. It's self preservation is what it is. If I'm unavailable to receive a pass, I can't lose the ball. It's purposefully putting the responsibility onto his team mates. Yet it gives him a plausible alibi. Defensively, he makes some good tackles, but then he'll just not track a runner. He's not been beaten by a blindside run he didn't see. He sees the runner and just thinks...nah, I'm not gonna bother tracking him this time. He simply doesn't really have the attitude that he talks about. It's empty rhetoric.

Yes I've had a couple drinks and this post is not to be taken too seriously. But, it may be something, ya know?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Mourinho promoted him from nowhere purely because of his height and physique. His nationality wasn't a factor. We've let plenty of better British academy players than McTominay leave. He's just been extremely lucky. Right place, right time, right size.

My very speculative theory is as follows: He's always praised for his mentality and attitude but in my opinion he has just played into that. Like the teacher's pet at school, or the guy at work who ingratiates themselves with management. He talks of determination, accountability, working hard, drive to win, training is important as match days etc etc. It's all the right stuff to say. Thing is, I dont believe him. I think it's just lip service. It's like he knew what the coaches looked for in players and he played into that. Its as though a cunning agent or parent told him to watch some Roy Keane interviews and learn to recite him. On the pitch, it's clear he doesn't take accountability. Hes the polar opposite of Roy Keane on the pitch. He hides. He literally fecking hides when we're playing out from the back. It's self preservation is what it is. If I'm unavailable to receive a pass, I can't lose the ball. It's purposefully putting the responsibility onto his team mates. Yet it gives him a plausible alibi. Defensively, he makes some good tackles, but then he'll just not track a runner. He's not been beaten by a blindside run he didn't see. He sees the runner and just thinks...nah, I'm not gonna bother tracking him this time. He simply doesn't really have the attitude that he talks about. It's empty rhetoric.

Yes I've had a couple drinks and this post is not to be taken too seriously. But, it may be something, ya know?
So basically you’re saying he’s the footballer version of Ole the manager.

JeffFromHK

He is a big reason why both our defense and offense are so poor.

Defensively, his tackling and interceptions are non-existent. I have actually never seen him cleanly pickpocketed a ball from an opponent player (like how vdb did right at 46th minute).

Offensively, he just hides from the ball and he very rarely pulls those through pass forward like how vdb did 3 times last night.

He isn't even a starter for Scotland, he never is a starter for Leicester/Everton level clubs, let alone Man Utd.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Oh talent wise they were on a different level. All I am saying is that we do love to overrate Scottish players. I mean I heard it countless times that if Fletcher was available in that one sided CL final against Barca then things would have been different. Its hilarious really as there's no way that Fletcher would tip the balance between our team and prime Barca with Messi, Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta.
Fletch definitely may have made a difference in that first final. Barca still would have been favourites (in hindsight), but there wasn't that much between us in 08/09. We were clearly the two best teams in the world. Us losing the player most suited to actually disrupting their playstyle was a big loss.

Obviously by the time the 10/11 final came around there was a huge gap and even prime Keane wouldn't have been able to make a difference.

devilish

Fletch definitely may have made a difference in that first final. Barca still would have been favourites (in hindsight), but there wasn't that much between us in 08/09. We were clearly the two best teams in the world. Us losing the player most suited to actually disrupting their playstyle was a big loss.

Obviously by the time the 10/11 final came around there was a huge gap and even prime Keane wouldn't have been able to make a difference.
We played for 10 minutes in that game then we sat back and Barcelona passed us out to oblivion. Fletcher would have ended up chasing shadows like the rest.

United in sin

We played for 10 minutes in that game then we sat back and Barcelona passed us out to oblivion. Fletcher would have ended up chasing shadows like the rest.
I agree. Fletcher was good but that game would've passed him by. I've noticed Brits generally tend to overstate absences just as much as they love scapegoating players after losses

Castia

This guy is not and has never been United quality. I don’t even know what type of midfielder he is, he’s bang average and would struggle to get into most mid table clubs midfield.

Get rid.

Foxbatt

Schooled by Cleverly today.

Mad that a guy who was shipped out years ago is still a better player than this lad and most of the current midfield.
He is going to get schooled by even Ando for the first 20 mins even now.

Foxbatt

Fletcher would not have an iota of difference. He certainly is a better version McTominay. He is not the world class player some people make him out to be. If The manager was not Scottish he would not be given that much time at United.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fletcher would not have an iota of difference. He certainly is a better version McTominay. He is not the world class player some people make him out to be. If The manager was not Scottish he would not be given that much time at United.
Fletch had an 18 month period where he was borderline world class. Obviously before that he wasn't near that level (to be fair he was still only 24 when he started to take that step up), and after that his career unfortunately got destroyed by the illness. But he was very very good for those 18 months in the middle.

Foxbatt

Fletch had an 18 month period where he was borderline world class. Obviously before that he wasn't near that level (to be fair he was still only 24 when he started to take that step up), and after that his career unfortunately got destroyed by the illness. But he was very very good for those 18 months in the middle.
He was not. Never was borderline or anything close to world class. before or after his illness. Of course he was better than McTominay.

Cloud7

I can’t see him being near the first team once an actual manager takes over. Fred (when Matic can’t play) and VDB or Pogba will probably play. Surely the minutes that McT gets we have someone in the academy or youth teams who looks more promising and could use those minutes?

Ibi Dreams

I can’t see him being near the first team once an actual manager takes over. Fred (when Matic can’t play) and VDB or Pogba will probably play. Surely the minutes that McT gets we have someone in the academy or youth teams who looks more promising and could use those minutes?
People like to hype up Garner (or they used to), would be interesting to at least see him get a shot instead of McTominay

Red_toad

Ole knows how to make a limited player look even more limited. No idea where the instructions of have a back 7 marking 1 attacker and 2 in midfield contending with 5 players came from, but that’s where we’re at. McTommy is at best a squad player, but like a few others I’d be happy to see him moved on and allowing our more talented youth players getting a chance. A top club can’t afford to player someone who only ever really performs against Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.