5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Derbyshire

Never MoTM but at least he didn’t get himself sent off and put himself about a bit in the second half, needs to be upgraded though.

Did I see both Fred and Bruno yelling at him to pass it forward at one point? Was when he could have but turned back as usual.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There were instances when his teammates were asking for pass but he went for a back pass.

Would be slapped by Rangnick if he does that under him.

Its a fecking joke that he was awarded man of the match. Seems like people awarding that are on wind up.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It wasn't a bad performance, but it wasn't a great one either. I'm not sure why you think Carragher picking him as manno means anything
I didnt think he was MotM, but reading the match thread every other post was whining about him. Championship level, worst player to ever put on the shirt, thank god Rangnick will come in and get rid.... the usual caf classics.

I thought he was solid today. Shouldnt have been booked and had to play sensibly for the rest of the match to avoid picking up a second yellow - which he did. Scott's role is underappreciated on here. He slotted in at RCB well. Personally I prefer seeing him as a more attack minded #8, as I think he contributes a lot in the final third, but his versatility is an asset to us. Made a lot of tackles, interceptions and was dominant in the air (notice that it was Scott rather than one of the actual CBs who was assigned to marking Lukaku).

Fred had a good game today, because he was freed up my Matic and McTominay to play that more roaming box-to-box role - charging around breaking up play. Unfortunately he is mostly a liability in the final third (although played a good ball to Sancho in the first half which the latter shouldve done better with). If we bought a proper DM and let both Fred and McTominay play their natural games, I think we would be onto something.

United in sin

There were instances when his teammates were asking for pass but he went for a back pass.

Would be slapped by Rangnick if he does that under him.

Its a fecking joke that he was awarded man of the match. Seems like people awarding that are on wind up.
They're desperate to make him look good before Rangnick jets in. He's the poster boy for 'United DNA' innit.

Trequarista10

He was good. Not MOTM good but whatever.

I'd probably give Fred MOTM if it wasn't for his attempted chip at the end, just can't bring myself to do after that.

Kostov

He gives away stupid fouls too often for my liking. Silly yellow which was a nothing foul by a weak ref and will get sent off in a crucial game somewhere along the road. I feel he was the most solid in the defensive part from the midfield 3, but generally all of them worked better than usual and it’s down to an actual CDM playing in the heart of it.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he played well and was deservedly MOM. Also thought there were some incredibly stupid comments made in the match day thread aimed at him.

NZT-One

No idea how he got MoTM from Sly Sports.... thought Fred bailed him out on many occasions.
He mostly did well, had a good game. Man of the match was baffling though. Would have Fred, Matic, both CBs and De Gea ahead of him clearly.
His passing today made me think he should be playing in Rudigers role.

How the feck he got MOTM is beyond me.
Still puzzled about the MOTM award but yeah, he did alright today, a combatitive game which suits him and having Fred and Matic next to you plus Bruno who is playing a midfield role works wonders. Thought, we looked more than decent playing without a clear No 9.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He slotted in at RCB well.
Erm, he played as right sided central midfelder/defensive midfielder.

He left Bissaka exposed on numerous occasions in the first half, he left Rudiger alone so many times like he is a forward coming on that side, and he did nothing with the ball(but no one was good with the ball im his defence).
His only defensive use is his heading and that's because he is tall, otherwise he has no idea what he has to without the ball.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Erm, he played as right sided central midfelder/defensive midfielder.

He left Bissaka exposed on numerous occasions in the first half, he left Rudiger alone so many times like he is a forward coming on that side, and he did nothing with the ball(but no one was good with the ball im his defence).
His only defensive use is his heading and that's because he is tall, otherwise he has no idea what he has to without the ball.
Come on. It was plain to see - as it has been in plenty of matches - that when Chelsea were attacking, he slotted in as a RCB to form a back five. I saw a couple of people complaining about that on the match thread, despite the fact that it is obviously tactical direction. I highly doubt it was his job or instruction to mark/close down Rudiger either - that responsibility should probably have fallen on one of the front three, all of whom had poor games. To be unable to see some of this is just willful cognitive dissonance at this point.

Sylar

The moment when he had the ball after a forward pass by Fred and he could have put it to Ronaldo on the left

Instead went backwards and Fred threw his hands up :lol:

He got into important positions defensively for us though

red4ever 79

Speechless. Absolutely speechless how he can still get start after start. One of the worst CM I have ever seen play for us. Sideways Scott is dreadful.

AbstruseAlan

I'm convinced he should be a central defender instead of a midfielder. Not for us, but in general.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No (nice) words to describe how bad he is. And why make those stupid fouls near the goal?
I hope that new manager will put him on the bench for good

Devil may care

This was a match tailor made for McTominay, where his role was to simply fight and graft, plenty of bodies around him so his positional issues were sidestepped and no requirement to do anything on the ball.

stevoc

I’m at a loss as to how he keeps getting selected. He’s definitely not a midfielder and is arguably a footballer to begin with.
That would be an easy argument to win to be fair. He is a footballer, it's an indisputable fact.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Throughout the game he was afforded so much space and was given so many opportunities to pass the ball to players in space but every time he turns around and passes it back. I'm sure there were a couple of times where the players around him were shocked by his decision making and pointed it out.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Come on. It was plain to see - as it has been in plenty of matches - that when Chelsea were attacking, he slotted in as a RCB to form a back five. I saw a couple of people complaining about that on the match thread, despite the fact that it is obviously tactical direction. I highly doubt it was his job or instruction to mark/close down Rudiger either - that responsibility should probably have fallen on one of the front three, all of whom had poor games. To be unable to see some of this is just willful cognitive dissonance at this point.
You are wrong mate. His average position is more attacking than Matic's, and Bruno(!) is just around one meter ahead of him on average position. If he was so defensive he would be behind Matic considering he hardly wandered in attack either. Go check it out.

And did you see just how many times was AWB tucked in next to Lindelof with so many space on the right? Why wasn't Mctomminay between him and Lindelof there?

Eplel

Why wasn't Mctomminay between him and Lindelof there?
Because McT's tactical awareness is 0. He only drops into that position when our opponents attack on the our left flank.
When our opponents double down on AWB, he always goes and marks the same player as AWB. And when the opponents play down the middle, he always makes a late ineffective front press. In pretty much all cases, he leaves acres of space for the opposition midfielders to move into threatening positions.

On top of that, he doesn't know the difference between a tactical foul and a stupid foul.

Andersonson

In the first half he was easily our best outfield player. The only player who actually got past players and could send a pass. It wasn't amazing, but better than the rest

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Some of you lot really are just desperate to paint him as a bad player, which he isn’t. Must be watching a different game.

L1nk

Some of you lot really are just desperate to paint him as a bad player, which he isn’t. Must be watching a different game.
in general he is absolute garbage, not good enough at all, but he did alright today. What stands out the most is that alot of times when there is a forward pass to be made, he opts for a side or backpass instead, as long as he keeps doing that i can’t see Rangnick sticking with him

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
McTominay has the positional sense of one of those spiders who draw erratic looking webs because they've been dosed with LSD.

AndySmith1990

I see him as a Cleverley or Lingard type of player; came from our academy so people are more willing to accept the average performances, but ultimately the best I can say about him is he'd be "okay" as a squad player.

We certainly need a better quality CM if we've aspirations to win the major trophies, though.

lex talionis

It’s mind boggling how poor McTominay has been for us this season. Perhaps he’s not fit and because of our lack of depth in midfield we’ve rushed him back, but once again he was dreadful today. He took a shot to the face and you gotta love him for bouncing back from that, but otherwise was nowhere near the standard required of a Manchester United midfielder.

United in sin

You painted a false picture of all the front three including Sancho not having good games in your defense of McTominay's struggles today

Pickle85

In the first half he was easily our best outfield player. The only player who actually got past players and could send a pass. It wasn't amazing, but better than the rest
Um...nah. he improved second half, marginally, but was awful first half. Fred was comfortably better than him in both halves. Bailly also better in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.