5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Horses for courses. All of the best attributes on his best day against the best team in the league to apply them. Seen him go missing for too many games, leaving Fred or whoever else in there in the shite. That said, I like him as I do Fred but neither are good enough but great squad players for the course. We need players that can adapt to any....

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mctominay attacking the ball more often is no doubt a Rangnicks impact. So happy for the United Boy.
He’s been doing this for a while whenever teams afford space in midfield. His performances in the home win over Leeds last season and the 9-0 Southampton game were carbon copies of this one. The common thread in all such games is that the opposition is either defensively naive, down to ten men or lay back and do not press.

DON’T PANIC ™

His passing accuracy is not good enough. That is my biggest issue with him. He wasn’t pressed by Burnley the way we were against Newcastle allowing him to play further forward.

OverratedOpinion

I feel like he is good at a bunch of things that but they are all a bit random and he doesn't really suit playing any position.

lex talionis

Scotty still isn’t what we need in a central midfielder but what he’s very good at is taking shots outside the box. If Wolves sit back he might get a good look on goal. But we’re susceptible to getting overrun in midfield with him and Matic, neither of whom are particularly mobile.

Man Utd 0:1 Wolves

Woodenlung

McTominay's first half performance was one of the worst I've ever seen from a United player. He's a technically medicore player that can't pass further than 5 yards without giving the ball away. He isnt actually a holding midfielder either so he doesnt screen our defence either. When he plays United has zero control of the game from midfield.

Last weekend he was lauded for getting forward and scoring. But he was every bit as wasteful in possession as this evening, but it was ignored because he made a few attacking runs. Last weekend was his deviation from the norm. This week he went back to the usual.

He's not good enough, never will be and should be sold as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well I think I just jinxed him with my previous post, really needs to up his consistency

L1nk

It's McTominay in a nut shell and i've been saying it on here for the longest time, is nowhere near good enough to be a footballer here, even if he puts in a really good performance 1 in every 10+ matches

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Championship quality player who starts games for Man Utd. Unbelievable.
If we sell him to Burnley, he would be benched after few months

Lecland07

I don't think he is even good enough as a squad player. He fails consistently against any team above the bottom 5; that is his level, which is not good enough for a squad player of Manutd. People are kidding themselves if they think he is the future in any shape or form.

I have seen this before. After the Leeds match, last season, people were raving about him, until we played a good team and he was dreadful again. He has just done the exact same thing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He wouldn't stand out at Burnley. Why is he starting at Man United after all this time?

TSE123

Caught in no mans land for the goal.
His usual lacking performance defensively.
Did not manage to create anything on the attack unfortunately.

Idxomer

Play him against an actual midfield and he doesn't look like a footballer, what a surprise.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Scott had three good games in a row and looked to be improving his willingness to get on the ball and pass forward. But like I said at the time, they were against the three worst teams in the league and before anybody got ahead of ourselves we needed to see him do it against better teams. He was back to Mr Invisible again tonight and when he did get on the ball he was poor. Maybe it was just a bad match and he'll be back to playing well again in the next match, but from everything he's shown over the last few years the odds are against that.

I feel like he is good at a bunch of things that but they are all a bit random and he doesn't really suit playing any position.
He reminds me a bit of Fellaini in that he might be good at doing a job if given a very specific role to do (whether that's focusing on a more defensive role or bursting forward in a more attacking role), but he doesn't have the basics to play as a normal central midfielder. He's probably a little better than Fellaini at that midfield role, but worse than Fellaini in doing the specific roles.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

Ince and redknapp rightly blaming him for the goal. No sense of what's around him and just wonders into no man's land

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Player on his position must either be technically gifted and play like playmaker or be defensive monster. He is neither of that . What managers see in him is mind blowing thing

saivet

Not to insult his performance against Burnley but it wasn't a case of him dominating the midfield but him having good moments and having a very good shooting day. We won't be able to dominate the midfield with him unfortunately, even if he does play well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he was at Norwich, no one here would be begging us to sign him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He isn’t good enough, but he’s not helped by Matic’s determination to be a third centre back. You end up with one average midfielder doing the job of two.

Bobski

Crap tonight.

Why has Fred just vanished after 1 poor half? Long lasting reponse to Covid, starting Matic and Mct back to back was a shit decision.

edgecutter

He's one of the main reasons why we are where we are. Our midfield is awful and he has played 99% of our games this season

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've given up on him today. A totally hopeless centre midfielder. Doesn't weigh his short passes properly, always seems to be out of position defensively and takes forever to get a ball under control. I've rarely seen him receive a ball on the turn properly like centre midfielders should be able to do. Guy plays midfield like a striker playing as a target man.

Roboc7

Total embarrassment from start to finish, he’s had an awful season and wouldn’t be a starter for at least half the teams in the league yet he is effectively our first choice midfielder.

RepardReece

Am I correct about seeing some brief analysis on McT before the game tonight about how he's such a good player, a pivotal part of our team etc. by Paul Ince? Not sure what games he's been watching other than the Burnley win the other day.

Send McT to league 1.

AshRK

1 decent performance and then crap for 5 games. If ragnick is really that smart as people tout him he would go and get a midfielder

arnie_ni

Crap tonight.

Why has Fred just vanished after 1 poor half? Long lasting reponse to Covid, starting Matic and Mct back to back was a shit decision.
Did Fred have covid? Thiught he would have been a good 2nd half sub when we changed to 5 at the back to get a bit of energy in the side.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
1 decent performance and then crap for 5 games. If ragnick is really that smart as people tout him he would go and get a midfielder
New Lingard's like cycle. Look at this thread after Burnley thread. He was new Lampard ffs. Players like him need only one game for people to change opinion about them.
Same was with Lingard. Crap, crap, crap, good game....all of sudden he is good enough to be at least rotation player.
McT is our biggest problem. Can't create, can't defend (stupid fouls are not defending), can't read the game, can control the ball).
Gibson or Cleverley are Zidane level for him. Nepotism is killing this club for years now. Just killing.

Ixion

I've said it a million times he can have a place in the squad but being our first choice DM is way above his level. He doesn't really dictate any games.

Superunknown

I'm a fan of his and I've stuck up for him in the past, but he was really bad and disappointing today.

G-MUFC

Nowhere near good enough if we want to get to the level the top three are playing at

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I've said it a million times he can have a place in the squad but being our first choice DM is way above his level. He doesn't really dictate any games.
What place exactly? If he is not good enough to dictate game vs weak sides at OT then what place is his?

Status
Not open for further replies.