Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

Burnley was his one good game in ten.

Last night was standard fare from him really, he just ain't good enough.

MUFC OK

Rewatched the game from yesterday, he had an absolute stinker. Like nearly every performance this season he marks himself out of the game.

Found a really interesting video on this and our Midfield. We need to act immediately to improve this area of weakness of the disjointed performances and getting dominated at home will continue.

Last edited:

RedCurry

Frustrating player. I feel that he has that lung busting marauding ball carrier type of dominant midfielder in him somewhere. It just goes hiding for 8 out of 10 games.

Like, what are you afraid of dude? You are taller and probably stronger than most midfielders you will come up against. Just run right at them and make them commit to challenges.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Probably will never good enough. Too inconsistent to even get at least 7/10 performance every game. He was so awful vs wolves. Him and Matic were being dominated. Couldn’t find a good pass and struggled defensively.

MUFC OK

Replacing him in Jan is the quickest fix we can hope for as regards controlling games.

Poor yet keeps playing. RR needs to change things
Many said this before he arrived, but hopefully Ralf can now see this for himself. If he isn't demanding a number 6 in Jan, I actually question his judgement.

jesperjaap

I think he has a valuable place within the squad and not even saying this as a dig or to slaughter him, but that place should be on the bench.

People talking about his inconsistency, personally dont even see it as that. Its simply he isnt talented or intelligent enough to put in consistent good performances unkike other players within the squad that have ability. Even in his good games there are still several stray passes or moments he goes missing. Onl ygot plaudits especially the other day as he scored, ,something which is very rare.

I think in some of the big games he has been very good battling in midfield against the cosh, there is a touch of Fletcher about him in that regard, Fletcher didnt have much ability either, but he has more of a fearlessness and desire and intelligence in a game to be more consistent despite also not having high ability.

McTominay has his place in games, just should be many of them

Blood Mage

He wouldn't get in Wolves' midfield, or Aston Villa's midfield and would probably look right at home in Newcastle or Norwich's midfield right now. It's ludicrous that he's one of the first names on the Manchester United team sheet, just baffling.

Rajma

Jesus. :lol: I always considered him championship quality but this is bad. He shouldn’t even be part of the squad past the summer. Any new manager that will not bin him instantly will follow the path of his predecessors, I guarantee you.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Jesus. :lol: I always considered him championship quality but this is bad. He shouldn’t even be part of the squad past the summer. Any new manager that will not bin him instantly will follow the path of his predecessors, I guarantee you.
I reckon you could make such a compilation for the majority of midfielders tbh

United in sin

I reckon you could make such a compilation for the majority of midfielders tbh
You can't argue much against this representation considering how piss poor he's been this season.

That compilation really pisses me off because this man starts as many games possible for united. Those are not just silly little mistakes every player makes, some of them exibit a lack of fundamental basics, repeated!

McTominay is limited and not good enough, and it's represented in his stats to boot. We can and should do better

Last edited:

lex talionis

Fukking mind-boggling that Scott McTominay is a regular starter for Manchester United. In patches, fine, but one of the first names on the squad sheet? Incredible how far we have fallen.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

What is positive about him I reckon is that he will do whatever a new manager asks him to do without moaning. Not sure he is capable of doing great things, but given our squad seems to be full of people complaining about this, that and the other this is surely something managers appreciate.

L1nk

Well done? MOTM? Was I watching a completely different game? The midfield got ripped a new one, they constantly got in behind him, he misplaced a multitude of passes both short and long, just a laughable amount of errors and lack of awareness as usual, and that's worthy of praise and MOTM? Why, because he scored that goal?

Idxomer

Nica goal and some good diagonal balls but this wasn't a good midfield performance.

edgecutter

Villa dominated that game and we were bypassed in midfield.

He gets motm due to the goal

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely shocking passing and protection in midfield. He's got the right attitude, but no where near the quality.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Well done? MOTM? Was I watching a completely different game? The midfield got ripped a new one, they constantly got in behind him, he misplaced a multitude of passes both short and long, just a laughable amount of errors and lack of awareness as usual, and that's worthy of praise and MOTM? Why, because he scored that goal?
Precisely

lost7

Good header and he almost even scored a worldie in the first half, but my goodness he is not a midfielder. 0 protection to the back and as soon as Villa started pressing us, he did his usual "ghost" impression. Coward

arnie_ni

Must have had a great first half which I didn't see because he along with everyone else were invisible in the second half. They played rings around him and Fred.

Varane was the best player.

SirScholes

Absolute joke that he got motm

anyone thinking him and Fred are close to “United standard” needs to get checked in at a mental hospital

it’s actually comical how bad they are. The misplaced passes and the unseen runs are one thing, but today Mctom included letting Villa players tee up unopposed from 20 yards, and the best one, ball bounces towards him in his own box, so he fecking let’s it pass through his legs to guess what! Another villa player who got a shot off.

Ralf has his work cut out

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Must have had a great first half which I didn't see because he along with everyone else were invisible in the second half. They played rings around him and Fred.

Varane was the best player.
He didn’t, he scored a goal thats it

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I guess this is a night where Scott's goal puts enough credit in the bank for us not to criticise the rest of his performance.

saivet

His good performances mean him have a few good effort on goal or running about Nothing to do with controlling the midfield or taking up good defensive positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.