5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

I don't remember him doing much. I felt like this was one of those games where he's just kinda there and not doing anything. The only two things I remember him doing were poor. He tried to play a pass out to the right wing. I assume to Dalot and it went straight out of play. Then during a good attack, he completely ruined it with a heavy touch that took the ball too wide.

According to Whoscored, he was MoTM. I have absolutely no idea why. There must be something I'm missing. I don't think this loss had anything to do with him, though.

Litch

Played ok but Christ the guy genuinely does a disappearing act in games and you almost forget he’s on the pitch.

Bobski

I don't remember him doing much. I felt like this was one of those games where he's just kinda there and not doing anything. The only two things I remember him doing were poor. He tried to play a pass out to the right wing. I assume to Dalot and it went straight out of play. Then during a good attack, he completely ruined it with a heavy touch that took the ball too wide.

According to Whoscored, he was MoTM. I have absolutely no idea why. There must be something I'm missing. I don't think this loss had anything to do with him, though.
He won a lot of balls in the air, tackles and a couple of key passes. Metrics give value to those actions, but I thought he was poor last night, struggled with his touch and was repeatedly dispossessed in disappointing ways, showed a lack of spatial awareness in where he was taking the ball upon reception.

Finishing lost Utd the game but he has to do better.

Corey

Tonight highlighted once again the difference in quality between McTominay and Pogba.
People's criticise Pogba's inconsistency but McTominay is equally inconsistent, only with way less quality. He simply isn't of the required standard.

It's great to have academy players in the squad, but for a team like United McTominay should really be a backup player who only plays occasionally when our fist four or five midfielders are injured or being rested.
Instead he starts most games when fit.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians

Because he was MotM....... again !

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was decent (nothing more) in the first half, but poor in the second. Which is becoming a bit of a trend with him lately. Although to be fair the team as a whole is regularly doing that as well, so he's not the only one.

Fred regularly does the opposite, interestingly enough. Starts off poor for the first 20 minutes or so of a match, then gets better the longer the match goes for.

Rockets Redglare

He has 1 good game in about 4 or 5. It’s infuriating because when he’s on it he looks almost unplayable.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We build a midfield with him at its core and then we wonder why we're crap.

Roboc7

Typical Mctominay performance, could be upgraded so easily hit pretty much a guaranteed starter next season I imagine.

chiz2kul

Yet another completely anonymous appearance. He deserves a lot more criticism than he gets.

AFC NimbleThumb

Can anyone find the thread made after he scored a few against Leeds where he was likened to Gullit, Davids, Gerrard et al.

The fact people, even jokingly, refereed to this guy as McSauce while criticising teammates he can’t lace the boots of is exactly why we find ourselves where we are, has never been good enough to be relied upon as first choice.

saivet

Out of the midfielders and defenders he's consistently the least involved player. Just doesn't offer enough unfortunately.

Inception

Other than passion & supposedly strength. What other things are he good at? Mind you, he’s our first choice in the midfield.

Trequarista10

It's been said repeatedly, but he simply isn't a holding midfielder. Playing him there is damaging both the club and player themselves.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He is an untalented football player trying 110% to be better than he is. The sooner we get a proper baller for a CDM the better. Wish Matic was younger and more mobile

NoPace

Bottom line is we win today with Oriol Romeu as a #6, who would have been in a better position to foul Weghorst on the goal.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Kind of getting tired of seeing him one foot his way in midfield. He looks so cumbersome on the ball.

I thought he did an average job. Guy is being asked to be something he's not. As I'm typing that, I'm wondering if he'd make a decent centre back so we can get rid of a certain centre back that we have.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has been quite a bit better since Rangnick took over, but today he was back to being poor. Especially in the second half there were too many times he was doing his Mr Invisible trick when we have the ball, taking himself completely out of the game.

AusRed

The up and down nature of this thread tells everything we need to know - 5 average/poor games and then 1 good game. To be fair, the same thing could be said about most of the squad.

Ekeke

Did a decent job ball winning but 76% pass accuracy when he isnt looking to make things happen most of the time and is looking for simple passes isnt good enough. For example Pogba was 71% and he's looking to play risky passes in behind the opposition defence and make things happen.

Deery

Dreary
Was a funny old game from him, didn’t impose himself on the match at all and was taken off at the end. I wouldn’t crucify him for it though all players put in bad games, if we win one-nil it wouldn’t have been an issue.

Pirlo'sBeard

He wouldn't get a kick for City, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, Wolves or Leicester.

So why does he start every week for United?

Litch

Scott is bang average but play any player out of position, he’s going to look worse. Play Pogs or Bruno as a 6 and see if the outcome is any better. Scott and Fred may not be good enough at 6 or even at their preferred position of 8 but both have looked significantly better with goals and assists further forward.

This isn’t about Scott for me, it’s about the club failing to buy a true CDM since Carrick.

United in sin

Scott is bang average but play any player out of position, he’s going to look worse. Play Pogs or Bruno as a 6 and see if the outcome is any better. Scott and Fred may not be good enough at 6 or even at their preferred position of 8 but both have looked significantly better with goals and assists further forward.

This isn’t about Scott for me, it’s about the club failing to buy a true CDM since Carrick.
It's really about both.

Sylar

It annoys me that he doesnt look for the ball, and often finds himself walking behind the opposition which takes him out as a passing option. Fred gets pelters but he actively looks for the ball and tries to make things happen, even if he is bad at it sometimes.

McT is really weird because ive seen him get the ball, drive with it and pass it well, spreading play under pressure. Its like when hes forced to do it, hes decent at it. Butthen you see him actively trying to stay away from the ball in our own half.

Devil may care

Agreed, overall as a #8 he's not good enough to be a starter, he's the John O'Shea of midfielders, a solid squaddie, but he's being made to look worse playing out of position like most players do, he doesn't have the positional sense or passing to play so deep, he's best pressing further up and being able to run with the ball, his close control in tight situations is actually pretty decent.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Problem is playing him as an 8 forces him to play on the ball in tighter spaces, which means he has to think and act quicker than he's capable of.

He doesn't really have a best position in my eyes, he's a complete tweener that isn't a good enough passer or creative further forward but struggles positionally playing as a 6 and lacks passing range.

He has to play since we don't have any other midfield options currently, but anyone at the club that genuinely thought Scott is captain material is fecking blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.