Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Makes you want to cry when you have Thiago/Rodri playing for Liverpool/City and McT starting the same role for us. The gulf in quality between them is probably as big as Mct vs me. We need at least 2 starting midfielders this summer.
Well, once they had Lucas or Milner doing the job.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
There's no shame admitting this lad is not good enough to start for this club, there's nothing special in him

UpWithRivers

How many times. McTominay has an impossible job. Two attacking 8's infront of him. Wingers that dont track back and a defense that does weird sht. Put Kante in there and he will look bang average. Saying that he is obviously not our answer to DM but we have 99 problems and DM is one but McTominay has been doing ok considering.

Andersonson

How many times. McTominay has an impossible job. Two attacking 8's infront of him. Wingers that dont track back and a defense that does weird sht. Put Kante in there and he will look bang average. Saying that he is obviously not our answer to DM but we have 99 problems and DM is one but McTominay has been doing ok considering.
Fully agreed

Augustus Gloop

Great post.

Based Adnan

Couldn't agree more

clarkydaz

There's no shame admitting this lad is not good enough to start for this club, there's nothing special in him
if only the club accepted this, instead of leaking stories about him being the new Keane and our future captain

Lecland07

McTominay was a 1/10 for me. We had absolutely no control, even when Fred went off and they had 10 men. It ended with Brighton having 51% possession over the full 90 minutes.

The guy gets way too much leniency. He is supposed to be near his peak now at 25. Is this it?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolute fouling machine. Conned loads of people into seeing him as some combative ball-winner but he has no idea how to tackle and is about 70% likely to concede a foul everytime he engages in the midfield.

Of course, he cannot pass a football either.

Bobski

He was fine in the second half after a poor first, but we must pretend he was crap throughout.

SirScholes

This is bollocks
If it was his defensive work most people criticise fair
But it’s his shit pass selection and distribution, doesn’t matter having 8s
In fact it should be easier because they are always moving.
The amount of times our full backs would break forward, and he’d either jog the ball over or pass it back to maguire. By this time the runners are marked

he’s just not good, he’s just a bit meh
Along with Fred

TSE123

unfortunatley no way near good enough. Maybe if he was allowed to play in a more attacking role. But not a good enough 6 or 8.

Roboc7

Surely this experiment ends after this season and he’s relegated to a squad player. It’s just inconceivable we can continue being so stupid for another season. He’s not even close to being good enough as a starter.

lost7

I don't think he played badly, he was miles better than Fred. Still, not good enough

Red Rash

Terrible first half, slightly better earlyish in the second half when Brighton were down to 10 men and then crap again near the end and constantly fouling.

When you see the ability of Pogba compared to McTominay and Fred then you can see why playing these two in midfield gives us no chance of winning a midfield battle.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its not McTominay's fault that he's a limited player but it hurts us massively. Its laughable that we failed to strengthen in centre midfield in the January transfer window. At times I'm not sure what we gain by starting McTominay over Phil Jones in centre midfield. The time it takes him to make a decision is levels below what is needed to play in midfield for Man Utd. I actually think John O'Shea was a faster thinker playing holding midfield.

OmarUnited4ever

I'll always say this .

He is a nothing player, has no intelligence, no ability on the ball, doesn't know how to tackle and win the ball properly, just a busy body in the centre of the pitch.

Skills

Snitch
I thought he was shocking throughout. He was the reason they looked so comfortable with 10 because he was just always in the wrong place.

We never once had the freeman because he was taking up some shocking positions

Manny

Grammar Police
I think he's shown against Brighton's midfield, that he's a lower half PL level player.

I would have swapped Brighton's CMs for ours, and I don't even know their names.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His shooting is erratic. His passing is erratic. His dribbling is erratic. His tackles are erratic. I am not sure what our management sees in him that we haven’t replaced him for years now. Maybe i am missing something because he blows hot and cold way too frequently

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How does he starts for every manager? What am i missing? He is championship player. Are they afraid to sell him because he is academy player? Or what? Guy can't defend, can't create, can't pass....bloody hell, i can't believe that he is playing in PL. Not to mention in bloody Man Utd

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is all there is with him, he's a limited player. He's 25, it won't get better.

I just feel bad for the midfielder we buy in the summer. He will have to carry McTominay

Zoo

Terrible. Shouldn’t be a guaranteed starter but seems to be.

Oranges038

He's has these hit and miss performances too often, plays really well in about 1 in 10 games.

He's just not good enough.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
How does he starts for every manager? What am i missing? He is championship player. Are they afraid to sell him because he is academy player? Or what? Guy can't defend, can't create, can't pass....bloody hell, i can't believe that he is playing in PL. Not to mention in bloody Man Utd
His biggest asset is that he's not Paul Pogba, this all stemmed from the Mourinhio era where Jose promoted him ahead of Pogba because Pogba had the audacity to try and be creative.
The saddest part is that a large percentage of our fans have carried on this narrative, he has one good game in every ten and some our fans are calling him a future captain.
In the short time Pogba was on tonight you saw at least 5 or 6 forward passed that McTominay simply isn't capable of.
So, for all those fans that are convinced Pogba is the problem, enjoy these last few months because when Pogba goes (and I don't blame him if he does) we will be left with Fred and McTominay giving the ball away and getting completely dominated week in week out.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Should be a squad player, at best but not good enough to be a starter and until we find some real quality in the middle of the park, we'll continue to have inconsistent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.