5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

He remains the same as his manager in most of his time here, a competition winner and nothing more.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Faded like old crayon in the second half. Dominated.

abkmufc92

Only noticed him when he left the pitch.

Why do people like a centre midfielder who hides from the ball.

arnie_ni

One of the worst individual performances I can remember. Could have been hooked after 20mins.

Aouer-United

Has the same amount of passed as Greenwood and Ronaldo but he's a midfielder in a double privot, that's embarrassing.

yardieUnited

One of the worst perfomances i have ever seen from a united player
Cowardly display from someone with united ”dna”.

abkmufc92

Ronaldo had more touches of the ball than him and he was isolated for most of the game.

MadMike

Bad game today from Scott.

I think know he's better than this, but the truth is that McGinn of Villa is a better player than him. He starts ahead of him in Scotland's midfield on merit. Don't get me wrong, that's a not a slight on McGinn who's a good Premier League CM. But that's about Scott's level too, a decent to good EPL CM. Not much more.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Awful today and to be honest he’s nowhere near United level anyway.

Augustus Gloop

He was totally anonymous today - and that’s from someone who will defend him to the hilt. Ole calls him a “physical monster” but he looked absolutely gassed throughout the whole game. Doesn’t look match fit to me at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
let’s be honest he’s clearly not fit and been rushed back from his injury.

why isn’t the coaches going with DVB or Matic until he’s fit? play pogba midfield and put sancho wide ffs

JoaquinJoaquin

He gets far too much benefit of the doubt this guy because he comes from the academy. Let's be honest, what is his ceiling? I just think he is a bang average midfielder.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I think I heard his name may be two times today. He's always been average.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Scott has three or four really good matches a season where he shines and makes you think that there's a real player there. However the other 90% of the matches he just hides from the ball, constantly behind other players making it impossible for him to take part in the build-up (which is kind of a big problem when you are a midfielder). When he does get on the ball he normally just plays the most simple pass possible to pass on the responsibility, with the exception being the occasional long diagonal out to the left wing when he has a lot of time.

The sad thing is that despite the narrative, he's actually average at best in most defensive attributes as well. It's just that his average defensive contribution is still significantly better than Matic, Pogba and VDB so he still provides us a more solid base than any of them. It would be disappointingly easy to replace him with somebody who provides more both on the ball and defensively.

kiristao

He is in the team to win the ball up the pitch and make a simple pass to the attacking quartet to get them going. He did that all game just once. It was almost like he wasn't even on the pitch today. Should have been taken off much before he finally was.

United in sin

Scott has three or four really good matches a season where he shines and makes you think that there's a real player there. However the other 90% of the matches he just hides from the ball, constantly behind other players making it impossible for him to take part in the build-up (which is kind of a big problem when you are a midfielder). When he does get on the ball he normally just plays the most simple pass possible to pass on the responsibility, with the exception being the occasional long diagonal out to the left wing when he has a lot of time.

The sad thing is that despite the narrative, he's actually average at best in most defensive attributes as well. It's just that his average defensive contribution is still significantly better than Matic, Pogba and VDB so he still provides us a more solid base than any of them. It would be disappointingly easy to replace him with somebody who provides more both on the ball and defensively.
In what ways is he better than Pogba and Matic defensively? Those two actually have better defensive stats. Pogba has more tackles per 90 this season in the PL and more interceptions at the same rate for instance. Pogba also has more ball recoveries and has won more aerial duels (2.3 per 90 to McTominay's 0.8 in the league according to Whoscored). The overall defensive stats for united for these players point to a similar picture.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Poor today, again. He’s clearly not fit, but even on his best he’s not really an actual midfielder as much as he is battering ram when play in the final third presents a chance for him.

MadDogg

In what ways is he better than Pogba and Matic defensively? Those two actually have better defensive stats. Pogba has more tackles per 90 this season in the PL and more interceptions at the same rate for instance. Pogba also has more ball recoveries and has won more aerial duels (2.3 per 90 to McTominay's 0.8 in the league according to Whoscored)
This season has barely started so stats aren't going to be a great way to compare. Compare them over the course of last season and McTominay does come out on top. Not by a great deal though.

Overall he's good at making interceptions and blocks, poor at making tackles and very poor at pressing the ball (but Pogba and Matic are even worse).

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I love this guy but he went into hiding again this game. Too many of these hiding games happening.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
McSauce - poor today.
Has his passing regressed, or has it always been this bad? You can always tell who he's going to pass it to, there's no disguise in his passing or delivery - everything is a side footed pass and he has to be square on to his man in order to pass it.

izec

Just as wank as his Brazilian partner in crime.

That people thought he could be a DM for us and a Carrick like deep lying playmaker :lol:

He couldnt even be a playmaker in the U11s. There are guys down there who would pass him off the pitch.

Roboc7

Lots of talking and pointing but other than that he went missing. How anyone who is clueless positionally spends so much time trying to tell others what to do is beyond me.

I don’t think he’s get in Villa’s team week in week out, same for Fred, that’s reality of two midfielders we’ve lumbered ourselves with as starters.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Just 33 touches today, and 19 passes completed (23 attempted) in 82 mins. Ronaldo, who was a ghost had more touches and more passes completion as well as attempted passes.

Criminal performance from a PL midfielder, nevermind a Man Utd midfielder. Tells the sorry state of our team, when a player like him is so important to our XI.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
What’s he best at: pressing, harrying, driving forward with the ball. What are we using him as? A deep lying midfielder.

He’s not as good as some would have you believe, and he’s certainly not as bad as the hyperbole in this thread is suggesting. He’s just not being used in his best role, and at the end of the day, that comes down to the manager.

None of our midfielders are suited to playing in a two-man midfield, but our insistence on it in the last three years is baffling, maddeningly so when you consider we spunked so much money on Sancho and VDB who apparently aren’t even needed.

MadDogg

What’s he best at: pressing, harrying, driving forward with the ball. What are we using him as? A deep lying midfielder.
He's actually quite bad at pressing, barely any better than Matic and Pogba. Statistically he was in the bottom 21% of midfielders in the big 5 leagues last season. People only remember the occasional match against PSG or Liverpool where he does it really well, ignoring the fact that in the vast majority of matches he's actually quite poor.

Devil may care

He was anonymous today, the only thing he has over Fred is he's less erratic, the way some were gong on about him when he was out shows the state of our midfield.

CloneMC16

Absolutely awful today. My biggest problem with McTominay is how little he gets on the ball. Poor positioning and never showing for the ball. Just anonymous. Too bad we had to sub Shaw and Maguire off. He would hopefully have been subbed way earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.