Squad Number: #39
Contract until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Jun 23, 2020
Outfitter: Nike

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he is ever going to start in his prime age season, it has to be this year when he reaches 25.

Marcus

If Scott, CM at club level, has done pretty well at international level as a CB, does it make sense that he should be able to do well as a pure DM?

Andersons Dietician

If Scott, CM at club level, has done pretty well at international level as a CB, does it make sense that he should be able to do well as a pure DM?
But when he played as a CB and did well for Scotland ,it was mostly in a 3 and it wasn’t quite how you would expect a traditional CB to perform the role. He was very good coming out with the ball from defence, with his powerful running. So I’ll give him that but not sure it would work that well for us.

He is a weird one as I quite like him, his effort, mentality/attitude are things you’d want everyone to have but positionally he’s a bit suspect and again he makes some weird choices, like not closing people down or just letting them run off of him. Which for me doesn’t bode well as to him being a DM.

I think he has a spot in the team but more in a role like O’Shea was sued as the man for needs must.

Last edited:

United in sin

McTominay had a pretty poor Euros in both midfield and defense. He only gets deployed in a back three whenever he plays at the back. He simply doesn't possess the right attributes to be a pure DM. His passing and his positioning leave a lot to be desired. Opposition teams would just walk through our midfield if he was entrusted with that role

Robbie Boy

Really good squad player to have. I see him as a B2B midfielder and never in a million years is he a DM.

Marcus

But when he played as a CB and did well for Scotland it was mostly in a 3 and it wasn’t quite how you would expect a traditional CB to perform the role. He was very good coming out with the ball from defence with his powerful running I’ll give him that but not sure it would work that well for us.

Hes a weird one as I quite like him and his effort and mentality/attitude wise I would say he is everything you want but positionally he’s a bit suspect and again he makes some weird choices like not closing people down or just letting them run off of him. Which for me doesn’t bode well as to him being a DM.
Yeah I have a soft spot for him because of his effort and he seems the most Keane-like player we have in terms of presence. Hope he continues to improve.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Really good squad player to have. I see him as a B2B midfielder and never in a million years is he a DM.
Agreed. Every single player would benefit from getting a proped DM.
Versatile, strong, decent technique although a bit too slow on the ball, what hopefully he will improve this season.

BigBebe

It is a real shame the Scott has not been fit during pre-season, especially after the fun he had against Leeds at OT last season.

sugar_kane

Since Scott was brought on I'd assumed Ole meant he was injured, and he's slowly bringing him back in?

Thought he played very well yesterday and thinking back to some of his performances over the last couple of seasons it made me wonder what exactly a player like Declan Rice has that he doesn't, other than the fact he's already a United player therefore less interesting.

Augustus Gloop

Ole said yesterday that he is "carrying a niggle" (in that typically uninformative way in which Ole tells us about our player's injuries)
Thought it was odd he didn’t start or at the very least came on at half time. Probably won’t start next week now.

mu4c_20le

McDominator is back. Lost count the amount of times he'd wait for an opposition pass then just steps in front and takes it away like candy from a baby.

Jev

McDominator is back. Lost count the amount of times he'd wait for an opposition pass then just steps in front and takes it away like candy from a baby.
Yep. One of the unsung heroes of today. Was absolutely brilliant. His passing was precise and progressive too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like I want to make a new thread about respecting McFred but I don't want to be targeted everytime they make a mistake either.

Great performance from today from our hardworking duo.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Best performance for the club and you could see that when he came off the game dropped off a bit in intensity.

lost7

That first half was sumptuous, more of this please Scott!

kundalini

Impressive first half performance. Barely noticed him in the 2nd half before being substituted.

zenith

He's improving everyday and I love the lad. Hope he has one heck of a season

Augustus Gloop

Best performance for the club and you could see that when he came off the game dropped off a bit in intensity.
I noticed the same thing about the intensity dropping after he went off.

Was like a prime Darren Fletcher today. Countless runs into the box dragging Leeds players with him; snappy challenges and a great first touch.

Really was an 8/10 performance. Hope that’s the foundation for the rest of his performances.

Red Stone

Didn't even score two within the first three minutes. Well below expectations, if we're being honest.

el3mel

He really loves to play against Leeds doesn't he ? He was fantastic against them last season as well.

On his form he's a very good player to have around.

R77

Played very well despite seeming to always be on the verge of falling over. Excellent brawling performance.

Bobski

He would be a player of the season contender if we played Leeds every week, he is too strong and quick for their players, and they give him space to run into and space to get up to speed, terrible combination.

I mean, against Scott and Fred you have to work their touch but Leeds seem to press them at all the wrong time and suddenly a simple pass has 2 players out of the game and Scott charging.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was good, his energy was so important in the midfield to battle Leeds aggressive style.

Same with Fred. Both did good job.

BlackBen

That was a brilliant performance by Scott. Would love it if he could play like this every game . He showed some real robustness and control in midfield today, Leeds couldn’t deal with him.

Surely loves playing against Leeds doesn’t he our McT? :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Leeds were never winning that midfield. Fred had a decent game today but McSauce was an absolute machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.