Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyslexic Untied

4-8 weeks.
His message on social media suggests he’ll be “back sooner than you think” so he might be back before the end of September?

The only time I remember him having an issue with his groin was when he was pulled off against Leeds at the end of that 6-2 result. He was then rushed back for the Leicester game which we drew.

That was obviously ages ago but I wonder if it has been as long standing as that?
Thanks mate.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
4-8 weeks.
His message on social media suggests he’ll be “back sooner than you think” so he might be back before the end of September?

The only time I remember him having an issue with his groin was when he was pulled off against Leeds at the end of that 6-2 result. He was then rushed back for the Leicester game which we drew.

That was obviously ages ago but I wonder if it has been as long standing as that?
Deserves a like. Came in this thread to just to check on his potential return date.

I hope it's mostly Fred Pogba in the mean time and VDB gets chances. Matic should be a last resort. Can't have Scott back soon enough.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Absolutely critical to us. Blatantly clear now.
It's completely ridiculous that with so many world class players we are so dependent on Scotty to function as a team. But that appears to be where we are.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can see sometimes why people get frustrated with Fred and his mistakes -

But what exactly is the problem people have with Mctominay?

I don't really see much of a problem with him and I think he is an undervalued player within our fan base - arguably because he wasnt this wonder player when he was younger.

What are peoples problem with him?

Augustus Gloop

Deserves a like. Came in this thread to just to check on his potential return date.

I hope it's mostly Fred Pogba in the mean time and VDB gets chances. Matic should be a last resort. Can't have Scott back soon enough.
Ha thanks!

If you check Villain’s post looks like he’s back in training already! Possibly/probably not full training but fingers crossed he’s back before the end of the month!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I can see sometimes why people get frustrated with Fred and his mistakes -

But what exactly is the problem people have with Mctominay?

I don't really see much of a problem with him and I think he is an undervalued player within our fan base - arguably because he wasnt this wonder player when he was younger.

What are peoples problem with him?
I don't have an issue with him - I do think both he & Fred can be upgraded because there are better options out there, but I think he (Scott) is more valuable to our long term squad options than Fred is.

He has a physical presence and an eye for goal which is something which can't be said for any of the other CMs we play currently.
His passing & ability on the ball can be improved though, but I wouldn't say he's a liability either just not the required standard for us to get to the next level, but definitely a valuable member of the squad that doesn't kick up a fuss and clearly loves playing for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't have an issue with him - I do think both he & Fred can be upgraded because there are better options out there, but I think he (Scott) is more valuable to our long term squad options than Fred is.

He has a physical presence and an eye for goal which is something which can't be said for any of the other CMs we play currently.
His passing & ability on the ball can be improved though, but I wouldn't say he's a liability either just not the required standard for us to get to the next level, but definitely a valuable member of the squad that doesn't kick up a fuss and clearly loves playing for us.
For me Mctominay makes up for his passing by making his runs almost the same distance and with near perfection. They are great to watch.

I just think he is underrated, he plays the game alot of the way we value other players at other clubs to play and gets sometimes pointed at for playing next to Fred.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
For me Mctominay makes up for his passing by making his runs almost the same distance and with near perfection. They are great to watch.

I just think he is underrated, he plays the game alot of the way we value other players at other clubs to play and gets sometimes pointed at for playing next to Fred.
He is definitely underrated, and yes he's being combined with Fred because of the 'McFred' tag similar to the Chuckle Brothers, whereas in this case I think Fred needs McTominay more than McTominay needs Fred. You can put a DLP like Neves next to Scott for example, but it wouldn't work with Neves & Fred.

TrustInOle

Is that McSauce training? :drool:
Delighted to see him back!

Still think he can be our solution to our DM this season with a little discipline, even though staying deep would hinder his strongest asset of driving forward. He seems very controlled playing FB for Scotland.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He was great in the EL final, literally dragging us forward. One aspect of his game that's really come on leaps and bounds is his ability to carry the call forward. Dare I say it, he sometimes reminds me of a certain Yaya Toure with his marauding runs! I'm excited to see him carry on developing this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Anyone knows when he'll be back and fit to start games again?
Not sure when he's back, but i'm hoping we trial him in a destroyer type role in midfield against teams we're expected to dominate.

estel_manutd

We need him back asap. The Fred-McTominay pairing is the only partnership that provides any balance in midfield.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Never thought I would say this but we are desperate for him back. We actually look like we have something of a midfield with him in there

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McTominay's back in full training says the official site (link). Thank FECK for that.

Devil may care

Players always get better when they are out injured, but McTominay is the only one who can seemingly play with Fred.

Based Adnan

Straight in after a fairly lengthy layoff. Not surprised but a big ask from him today.

Abraxas

I thought he did well today on his return all things considered. Quite busy, helped us control the game, unfortunately his partner kept giving it away. Wasn't his best game either but we completely controlled the ball.

Idxomer

He did get a lot of things right but also got a lot of other stuff wrong.

A mixed performance but better than expected after the injury.

Ollie Derbyshire

Thought he was good today, definitely our first choice CM, don’t think he can sit next to Pogba as purely a DM but give him a solid DM and in the bigger games we would be set.

Kag

Wretched. Slightly less so than Fred but wretched all the same.

Christ knows what he was doing for the goal. He has zero awareness in a defensive sense.

Based Adnan

Ask of him was big playing 90 minutes straight after coming back from injury and having an extra workload due to Fred being Fred

El Zoido

He was a bit rusty but still offered a lot. His dynamism in the final third is valuable.

saivet

Thought he was poor but I'll give him a bye as it was his first game back

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Get him on proper training program this week and he'll even score few goals this season.

For now, just glad he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.