Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The change in formation suits him. Three at the back means the third center half pushes up into that space behind the midfield, liberating Mct a little bit. He is much much better when he doesn't have the defend the space behind him in the same way. He's very good at winning the ball and driving forwards with it. But when we play him in a double pivot, he's sort of a six and a half, and that does not suit his game. He and Fred yesterday played as two bona-fide number eights. Competing higher up the pitch and looking forwards, not over their shoulders. It resulted in the best parts of his game shining, rather than his weakest. While this highlights how good he can be, it also underscores how unsuited he and Fred are to the 4-2-3-1.

United in sin

That is absolute nonsense, in my opinion. It might be true that he will never be good enough but the idea that players don’t improve after age 24 is just guff.
I agree with you but I don't think theres much left to see when it comes to McTominay development wise

The next CM we buy will replace Fred. The one after that will replace McTominay.
That will surely depend on who's in charge whenever that time comes.

Atalanta 2:2 Man Utd

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Makes me want to tear my hair every game. Passing and ball control is a fecking toin coss with him.

Your midfielders are supposed to be reliable as feck. He is chaotic. I'm sick of him but he'll never be gone because he has the gold-plated armour of "Academy Lad".

snk123

Thought he was okay. Is he the next scapegoat? Let me know so that I can prepare few variations of "he's trash" posts

Bwuk

I’m one of his biggest fans on here but he was poor today. Massive comedown from the Spurs game.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's fecking awful. Lucky to stay on the pitch and hides from the ball.

Born2Lose

When you're starting in midfield with Pogba you know you're going to have to do the work of two players.

Should be Pogba looking after McT. Pogba's a truly pathetic clown of a footballer.

Rajma

I don’t think Scott should be anywhere our starting lineup but having Pogba as a midfield partner is a toughest thing in football to be fair, you’re always bound to be on your own.

AFC NimbleThumb

Scott McGerrard getting a pass for another anonymous performance because. . . ‘Player X’.

Saturday is not his normal level, he returned to the mean tonight.

Devil may care

I'm not a big fan but he's never played well with Pogba, he was in full headless chicken mode tonight though.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Played well tonight.
Did his job.
Passed well.
Tackled well.
Intelligent positioning to intercept and free up space for others.

Compare this to Pogba who, again, was a bombscare.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was a bit lucky to not get a second yellow for running into/holding back that player... Especially with a European ref

El__Jingo

baffles me how anyone can want this lad to start in this team ? i genuinly dont know how long i can continue to watch this team as long as he is in it. all he does is pass the ball backwards and sideways over and over. i watch him closer than i do anyone else and im sorry but he is absolutely woeful. he does nothing for this team, he doesn't have any stand out attribute.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Quite freakish how often he pairs a corker of a performance with a horror show. Shocker tonight.

AFC NimbleThumb

Quite freakish how often he pairs a corker of a performance with a horror show. Shocker tonight.
He was crap against Liverpool, Everton & Villa. He doesn’t pair his bad performances with good ones, he plays poorly more often then not which make his good performances stand out further.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Found it tough today, but Pogba didn't help him out. And that yellow card was nothing short of ridiculous. Can't help when you're a player like McSauce and you have to reign it in slightly.

United in sin

Don't diss McDonalds
I feel filthy just driving past McDonald's :wenger:

When you're starting in midfield with Pogba you know you're going to have to do the work of two players.

Should be Pogba looking after McT. Pogba's a truly pathetic clown of a footballer.
Pogba has to do the dirty work for McTominay because McTominay can't operate as a sole DM. You're looking at it the wrong way, it's always the same issue when they play together.

Had Matic started ahead of McTominay we would've seen a much better balance in midfield. McTominay was the wrong selection.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Was ok.

Like Lingard his passing let's him down.

Both good at lots of things but if you play in the middle of the park your short, medium and long range passing has to be above average. You also have to execute those quick passes between the lines.

Mike Smalling

Thought he was awful yesterday. Consistently gave the ball away and was fouling away even when he has on a yellow. We really could use some quality in midfield.

EdinburghDevil

He had a better game than Pogba, but so did VdB who was only on the pitch for 5 minutes so that isn't saying much.

JoaquinJoaquin

Back to his usual rubbish after 1 good game against Spurs. Nowhere near good enough to be a starting midfielder at United, and should be replaced in Summer.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think it’s fair to say midfielders need to be the most consistent players in your team (along side CBS)? Scott has a place as a squad player but we badly need midfielders who can help control the game consistently.

Litch

Because our expectations are so low, like the Spurs game when he plays ok, it's looked upon as something better than it is. I'm kind of glad Fred isn't playing because fans believe he is the problem, well clearly not. We have played many different partnerships in there without him with the same outcome.

Jonno

I must have watched a different game then.... I thought he put in a decent performance, not amazing, but not like some have posted above. He was popping up all over the pitch pressing, breaking up play, tackling, passing forward and arriving on the edge of the box. His passing has room for improvement, but in terms of executing the job he's there to do, he did it last night. People clearly scoring him down because he got a yellow card. It wasn't a deserved yellow and he continued to play within the boundaries of not getting a 2nd yellow. Had he got sent off, then I'd have a conversation about how he shouldn't have got sent off, but he didn't.

oz insomniac

Fred supplies energy and workrate and basically has to fill the space of 2 midfielders, given McTom is slow and has no spacial awareness. Pogba was a 2/10 for wearing the shirt, McTom was at best 3/10 because he wasn’t as useless as Pogba.

Ole could do worse than reshape the team and play VDB who can pass, or at least the sometimes hopeless Lingard , who at least provides energy. How does this statue get selected weekly with no thought for his contribution, being an academy player shouldn’t cover all the sins.

Games l8ke these really do underline what a poor game day manager we have, tactically not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.