Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
yes I think it’s shit positioning, that’s my entire point

it’s not splitting hairs over language, these are very different things
He does the football equivalent of locking himself in a wardrobe. Whether he's actually playing a game of hide and seek or whether he's just daft enough to somehow do that accidentally, it really doesn't matter. He's still functionally doing a pretty good job of hiding.

Tarrou

He does the football equivalent of locking himself in a wardrobe. Whether he's actually playing a game of hide and seek or whether he's just daft enough to somehow do that accidentally, it really doesn't matter. He's still functionally doing a pretty good job of hiding.

okay I respect your opinion I just don’t agree, and that’s fine

no point in discussing it any further really

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wouldn’t play that pass to Scott as he isn’t a player who can receive the ball on the half-turn. I don’t think it’s clear the pass is on. If you think otherwise that’s okay, we’ll just agree to disagree.
You're not answering my question at all. Of course you wouldn't play that pass to Scott because his passing path was blocked in the first place. Okay let me explain it again so you can understand my question.

My point is that if the player has poor positioning in that situation, he shouldn't be aware that he was in poor positioning right? It's like a player doesn't know he's doing the wrong thing but he still thinks that he's doing the right thing.

Since you think it's a poor positioning then McT shouldn't be aware that he was in poor positoning. So my QUESTION was if he wasn't aware that he was in poor positioning, why didn't Scott ask for a pass then?

Tarrou

You're not answering my question at all. Of course you wouldn't play that pass to Scott because his passing path was blocked in the first place. Okay let me explain it again so you can understand my question.

My point is that if the player has poor positioning in that situation, he shouldn't be aware that he was in poor positioning right? It's like a player doesn't know he's doing the wrong thing but he still thinks that he's doing the right thing.

Since you think it's a poor positioning then McT shouldn't be aware that he was in poor positoning. So my QUESTION was if he wasn't aware that he was in poor positioning, why didn't Scott ask for a pass then?
I think McTominay is poor at positioning. I obviously wasn’t referring to this one tiny moment when I said that. But I would guess because he didn’t think the pass was on in that split second that he had to decide.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think McTominay is poor at positioning. I obviously wasn’t referring to this one tiny moment when I said that. But I would guess because he didn’t think the pass was on in that split second that he had to decide.
The video was 25 seconds not 5 seconds, 25 seconds is not that short period of time that you can call it ''split second''. And during that 25 seconds period, he didn't ask for a pass? Why?

Tarrou

The video was 25 seconds not 5 seconds, 25 seconds is not short period of time you can call it ''split second''. And during that 25 seconds period, he didn't ask for a pass? Why?
the passing lane was blocked

look I just don’t care, this is beyond meaningless

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
the passing lane was blocked

look I just don’t care, this is beyond meaningless
So he was aware that he was in the position that the passing lane was blocked, which is why people said he was hiding because he knows what he did wrong but he refused to make it right. Look you asked for explanation, we tried the best we could to explain it to you why, whether you agree or disagree with the explanation then it's up to you.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't know why but I have a feeling that if we sign Frenkie De Jong, that Ten Hag will try to partner him with McTominay and try to develop Mctominay. His physical attributes/ability to cover the ground and get stuck in definitely fits, he's not the best positionally but can be improved and De Jong doesn't need a sitting midfielder, but a defensive box to box next to him which is what McTominay is. Of course, the lack of on ball ability might be his downfall, but who knows. Wouldn't be entirely surprised given the lack of rumors with any DMs.

Crystal Palace 1:0 Man Utd

Woodenlung

I've a firm belief that Ten Hag can improve a lot of our underperforming players. But I just don't know what he can do with McTominay. He's a genuinely dreadful footballer and can't do the very basics of his job.

dove

Lad cannot play football in this level, or actually in a few levels below this one too. Pretty much zero talent.

Idxomer

Anyone who thinks there's any hope with this guy needs to find another sport to watch.

bucky

Utter shite. I used to think that he was a decent squad player to have, since not every backup player can be same standard as the starting player, but he hasn't been good enough.

Nogbadthebad

He actively hides from the ball by deliberatly standing behind the opponent's players when we have the ball.

We will never win anything with cowards in the squad.

Ludens the Red

Starting to actively dislike him. Talks the big talk but he’s been diabolical this season. Gets worse every week, complete coward of a footballer too.

hobbers

Worst regular midfielder in the clubs history.

Makes Darron Gibson look like Pirlo.

Lost bear

Genuinely shite at nearly everything today and most of the season i suppose.
The odd thing is, he was always known for getting stuck into the game, but it appears he's lost that now. I wasn't surprised to see the low skill levels, but I was to see him pulling out of challenges or just going in half hearted.

Bobski

He had a decent month when Rangnick took over, but other than that is has been a disastrous season for him and he can't be starting next season. If we can find a taker move him on, his confidence looks shot never-mind his limitations.

geradix

He has been given enough chances. Dallies on the ball, casual jogging, cannot make a forward pass, positionally naive. We are playing with one men down whenever he is in the line-up.

Please end this nightmare ETH!

Chripper

*hands out torches and pitchforks*

When McTominay I'd being propped up by his teammates giving world class performances, that's when I'll begin to question him.

As far as I'm concerned, every single player has a clean slate now that ETH has arrived.

Chripper

He actively hides from the ball by deliberatly standing behind the opponent's players when we have the ball.

We will never win anything with cowards in the squad.
Look up "spacial awareness" because I'm sick of explaining it.

AusRed

*hands out torches and pitchforks*

When McTominay I'd being propped up by his teammates giving world class performances, that's when I'll begin to question him.

As far as I'm concerned, every single player has a clean slate now that ETH has arrived.
I can understand that but I almost feel the opposite, they start from zero and have to earn back trust

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
A midfield who can't pass and always hides on the pitch.

We will never achieve great things with him in midfield.

AndySmith1990

Priority #1 must be to replace this lad. He's such a nothing player. Belongs in the championship

klayton88

Should be amongst the first out of the door. Not even squad filler quality. Fraud of a player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I wouldn’t play that pass to Scott as he isn’t a player who can receive the ball on the half-turn. I don’t think it’s clear the pass is on. If you think otherwise that’s okay, we’ll just agree to disagree.
A Manchester United player who starts in centre midfield can't receive the ball on the half turn. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

They teach that to 8 year old centre midfielders. It's one of the fundamentals of playing in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.