Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
please play well in his absence please play well in his absence

Skills

Snitch
Like to think this is an end to this 4 year prank now. I think he’ll be gone by September too.
Can't see it purely because of depth. Though I'd much rather Hannibal gets any gametime we spend on McTominay

Oranges038

I have studied Scott McTominay's performance against Brighton with respect to the complaint that he hides from the ball.
  • I looked at every instance the first line (centre backs and the goalkeeper) were trying to build play from the back.
  • I found that McTominay regularly showed for the ball (particularly in the first half) and collected the ball a number of times from the first line.
  • I did not find any examples that match the video that was relayed by @Sunny Jim showing Scott McTominay hiding from the ball.
I will continue to keep an open mind and an eye on future games to see if I can build a case that Scott McTominay hides from the ball. I have recorded the moments to video, but lack the status to be able to post it yet.
It's not that he hides all the time, he does hide and I've seen him do it plenty, it's more that even when he does get into those good positions he just doesn't demand the ball off his team mates enough.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can't see it purely because of depth. Though I'd much rather Hannibal gets any gametime we spend on McTominay
I don’t think ‘spend’ is the tight term anymore. I suspect it will be ‘spent’. We can call depth, but if Scott is quickly identified as a player not up to it, he is not useful depth for anyone. And he can also command a decent fee I suspect. I think he’ll be sold, which would give me great confidence in the manager because time would not have been wasted.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Glad to see him out of the team. He's a garbage midfielder. Means well and all and has some uses .. but i hate seeing him on the ball

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We better win after all these posts

CM

I don’t think ‘spend’ is the tight term anymore. I suspect it will be ‘spent’. We can call depth, but if Scott is quickly identified as a player not up to it, he is not useful depth for anyone. And he can also command a decent fee I suspect. I think he’ll be sold, which would give me great confidence in the manager because time would not have been wasted.
I'd like to share this optimism but reckon he'll linger on for at least another year. It's encouraging that ten Hag seems to see him for what he is though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Like to think this is an end to this 4 year prank now. I think he’ll be gone by September too.
Not a chance of that IMO. We aren't there in our rebuild stage that we get rid of guys like McTominay. Will take time but I think next year will be when he goes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One of the last players you can blame for today, yet one of the first threads to be bumped...

Arth_

GUYS, MCTOMINAY IS CLEARLY A REASON WHY WE ARE LOSING.

Idiots spent the whole week singling him out, he's out of the team and we concede 4 goals in first half. He was still absolutely awful when he came on, yet still he somehow improved our terrible midfield from the first 45 minutes.

lex talionis

Horrifying, but of course he had nothing to do with the shambolic shite that rendered the second half meaningless.

saik

Another game another yellow card for our McT because he couldn't control a ball at his feet. :lol: :lol:

I can sort of understand ETH not wanting to throw in some of youngsters into this mess. They will be ruined forever.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
With him we look like a mid-table team
Without him we look like a relegation team today.

The thing is, we don't have a DM, we need DM. Feck it, lets buy a DM.

Red Rash

Honestly I'm not a big McTominay fan but for the first 15 mins when he came on he did ok but after that he was absolutely horrific like usual.

At the end of the day we still can't accept being ok considering we are Man Utd and should be challenging for titles

Born2Lose

So there is where the Rashford, Sancho and De Gea fanboys are hiding today.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Thought he actually did quite well for the first 20 minutes or so after coming on. Helped by Brentford obviously taking their foot off the pedal, but still did some nice things. After that he became a bit of a joke out there though.
Yeah, he was relatively decent at first, especially compared to the rest.

That shit touch -> tackle -> card sequence must be named after him though.

ti vu

His physical presence is visibly better than Fred as no 6, but still no where near good enough for this role. Escaped again a potential red within the first two games with another poor touch, and out of control challenge completely miss the ball. That pass toward the end is typical him, too. ItKs more difficult to pass like that out of the pitch, than a simple square pass

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
One of the last players you can blame for today, yet one of the first threads to be bumped...
Great isnt it?
The posts beforehand convinced that we would suddenly transform into a competent football team in his absence...

He did well initially when he came on, but got worse as the game progressed. Still one of the least awful today, not that its saying much. Of course redcafe will paint him as the culprit though.

klayton88

People used to mock Lukaku's first touch. This dopey clown with his obligatory shite control leading to a yellow card. Then walks about the pitch giving it the hard man. He's the worst player this club has ever seen.

Roboc7

Did ok at first and then turned to shite. Regular argument used for managers is why do they keep picking him, I have no idea but any manager that is reliant on him and/or Fred won’t be successful.

united for life

Honestly I'm not a big McTominay fan but for the first 15 mins when he came on he did ok but after that he was absolutely horrific like usual.

At the end of the day we still can't accept being ok considering we are Man Utd and should be challenging for titles
the pass to the left at the 90th minute sums him up. Clueless.

i agree with the last paragraph of your post, ok is not ok.

BlahRules

GUYS, MCTOMINAY IS CLEARLY A REASON WHY WE ARE LOSING.

Idiots spent the whole week singling him out, he's out of the team and we concede 4 goals in first half. He was still absolutely awful when he came on, yet still he somehow improved our terrible midfield from the first 45 minutes.
If you think McTominay would have helped the team not concede 4 goals then you are also the problems with the fan base. Fred, McTominay, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford etc are not good enough. Rangnick was saying this team is not good yet it was made out Rangnick was shit manager and can't coach.

We have plethora of players who has passion but are not good enough or have the ability but no passion for this club. The issue at this club is all these players care about is their next pay cheque.

Superunknown

Can't be arsed defending him. Not even sure if there is much there to be defending, anyway. We need more right now and going forward. It's one of the most important positions in the team, and he is horrendously limited in that position.

Ace of Spades

He is shit. Brentford eased up so he did not have any pressure, but still plenty of moments where he was careless and lost the ball cheaply.

Needs to go as well.

Bobski

For about 25 mins he was actually quite good, sharp passing and turned away from danger when pressed a few times, but then a very poor last 15.

AndySmith1990

Whats the point in being smug about losing without him in the team. We're shit with him in the team, too. Hooray for us

Status
Not open for further replies.