Foot: Right
Player Agent: Samii Sport-Marketing Agentur
Squad Number: #39
Contract Until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Club option 1 year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jun 23, 2020
Outfitter: Nike​

Walters_19_MuFc

Poor Scotty doesn't get enough love from our fanbase. Was just as good as Fred today and played some beatufiul passes through the lines. Not only that, but won possession numerous times and started attacks. Solid performance from McSauce. As I keep saying, get him or Fred next to a ball playing midfielder (hopefully De Jong) and we'll really get the best out of them.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's best at attacking the opposition box from deep. He's not a defensive midfielder and he doesn't show for the ball enough to play deeper, in my opinion.

SAF is the GOAT

Bloody Iqbal and Savage were looked better than him and connected the defence to the attack whether if that was with passing or dribbling.

Kostov

He was good I think. I can see a role for him under ETH. Strong in duels, progressive intent in his passing and runs. I hope he has a good season.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
With all the hate he gets from our fanbase, it would almost be a bit funny if EtH played him regular.

Blood Mage

You can't polish a turd. The technical limitations of both him and Wan Bissaka were on full show today.

Stacks

Poor Scotty doesn't get enough love from our fanbase. Was just as good as Fred today and played some beatufiul passes through the lines. Not only that, but won possession numerous times and started attacks. Solid performance from McSauce. As I keep saying, get him or Fred next to a ball playing midfielder (hopefully De Jong) and we'll really get the best out of them.
this dude trash. You can put scholes next to him and we'd just be lamenting for a better partner for Scholes. Even Fred is hit and miss. We will probably be in the same situation we were in with Pogba. Just giving him the ball and waiting for him to do sum
With all the hate he gets from our fanbase, it would almost be a bit funny if EtH played him regular.
It really wouldn't. Our rivals are not wishing for their weak players to start.

El__Jingo

when he had no one around him and continued to play the ball out of play that just sums up the level of this guy. we will go into the season with hopefully De jong as our main distributor of the ball so well need legs next to him and i think out of the squad the main option will be fred... thankfully we might actually be seeing the start of what will slowly be the end of mctominay.. in the remaining games if hannibal/garner can impress hell start to fall down the pecking order

OleGunnar20

Thought he did alright. Got about, broke up play, a couple of nice passes.

Had his usual handful of sloppy passes however, along with that suicidal 'Header' on our penalty spot. The youngsters looked far more comfortable linking between the lines which I thought was pretty telling.

I dont think he'll ever really be good enough for us but you can be sure he'll always give his all. His defensive abilities however aren't good enough to make up for the rest of his game being pretty poor, in my opinion.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he did alright. Got about, broke up play, a couple of nice passes.

Had his usual handful of sloppy passes however, along with that suicidal 'Header' on our penalty spot. The youngsters looked far more comfortable linking between the lines which I thought was pretty telling.

I dont think he'll ever really be good enough for us but you can be sure he'll always give his all. His defensive abilities however aren't good enough to make up for the rest of his game being pretty poor, in my opinion.
His ‘breaking up of play’ was in typical Scott fashion of fouling anyone near him if I recall. He really should be doing Xhaka, Cattermole numbers in terms of yellows and can only think he’s favoured by refs, because few players foul opponents more frequently.

OleGunnar20

His ‘breaking up of play’ was in typical Scott fashion of fouling anyone near him if I recall. He really should be doing Xhaka, Cattermole numbers in terms of yellows and can only think he’s favoured by refs, because few players foul opponents more frequently.
He's certainly clumsy no doubt about it. I don't think he's a malicious fouler ala Cattermole however, just has very poor technique which leads to many clumsy fouls.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's certainly clumsy no doubt about it. I don't think he's a malicious fouler ala Cattermole however, just has very poor technique which leads to many clumsy fouls.
That's true, he's not so much a hacker. He does seem to either climb on his man/bundle him over or drag him down very frequently though.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
I thought Scott had a solid game vs Liverpool.
Disrupted Liverpool's play, retained possession and used the ball well.
I suspect he was doing the job allocated to him.
Good positives from him.

edgecutter

It's bad when two youth prospects come on and show you what actual midfielders can do. He is nowhere near the standard needed, but he'll start our first premier league game, hid, and be the next lingard with people talking about him being a youth prospect when he will be 26 this year.

Sylar

Being a youth product and in the squad helps him cos you certainly wouldnt look to buy him. Hes not a deep lying midfielder and is best bits come from being closer to the oppositions box (but then we have better players than him for that).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been shown up by 2 teenagers, awful player, just awful. Thankfully ten Hag isn't stupid so I can't see McTominay lasting much longer if he keeps these performances up.

El__Jingo

cant bare him, he's such a poor player and i get the impression he genuinely believes he's something he is not.

we havent even seen garner play a friendly yet but anyone with a set of eyes can see Savage/Iqbal both look far more suited .. without his size and strength which lets be honest he doesnt exactly do much with anyway he wouldnt be near the starting line up.

the hea

Eriksen will replace him in the starting eleven when he signs. Looking how Ten Hag has us set up in possession with one of the midfielders dropping deep and the other moving up along side the #10 it is easy to see why we are after De Jong and Eriksen.

Hughes35

Superb attitude, seems like a good trainer and character. Physically very fit, tall, strong....... Sadlt just not very good at the footballing part.

Good squad player but should never be a first team regular starter.

Ralph1386

Even Savage and Iqbal look better and more comfortable in midfield.

Pirlo'sBeard

The two youth players are levels above him. Just a nothing player who thankfully will no longer be a regular starter.

JeffFromHK

We should give him time, he is still young and can develop.

He can probably learn a few tricks from experienced players like Zidane and Savage.

Aeryis

Superb attitude, seems like a good trainer and character. Physically very fit, tall, strong....... Sadlt just not very good at the footballing part.

Good squad player but should never be a first team regular starter.
If he's not good at footballl then he's not good enough to be a squad player either. Shouldn't be anywhere near this club. It's a fecking crime that he's been a starter for 3 years or more now.

Hughes35

If he's not good at footballl then he's not good enough to be a squad player either. Shouldn't be anywhere near this club. It's a fecking crime that he's been a starter for 3 years or more now.
Not sure I fully agree with the not being in the squad bit tbh. Players like Scott are good at breaking up play etc. Fergie used to play Phil Neville in Central midfield at times for the same reason. Scott is a good option off the bench of you're in a scrap...... agree he shouldn't be considered a starter though and the last 3 years have been a joke !

lex talionis

On the FDJ transfer thread we’re starting to see posts bigging up McTominay. Disturbing, but hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.