5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

There are a plethora of physical, athletic technically decent midfielders that could replace McTominay and I’m convinced that we wouldn’t be as open or shambolic because with him we are playing with 10 men every time. It’s just a bad joke.

opopop

Now he's going to get a run of 10 games to play himself back into form....have one of those performances be slightly above average....which earns him another 20 games to hide

Infuriating player

Skills

Snitch
You just know someone at the club has him lined up as the next captain or something.

C'est Moi Cantona

If Jose hadn't plucked him out of the academy for been tall, then non of this would have happened, no other manager would have singled him out, and he'd have gone the way of so many of our youth players go, and no one would have noticed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its actually crazy how bad he played. Surprised Ten Hag keep him on that long.

Just 27 passes all game with a completion rate of 67%... From him, a guy who never attempts difficult passes. Rarely like to pin a performance on just 1 or 2 guys, but McFred were at their comedic worst today. Lucky he didn't get a red too.

As much as I like Ten Hag and believe in him, he really should be picking him. Pick Garner. Pick Donny. Anyone. McTominay is garbage.

RedDevilQuebecois

You just know someone at the club has him lined up as the next captain or something.
:mad::mad::mad:
He deserves to be sold to Aberdeen when Aberdeen barely escaped relegation last season. Says a lot about how bad of a player he is.

bugmat

Promoted to the 1st team de to his height and Jose trying to prove a point. Also not a DM or 6. Barely passable as a B2B and a player who hides when asked to take on responsibility in the middle.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know whether to laugh or cry that he plays for us (forget start he should not play for us) so I'll pick laughing.

People laugh at Lukaku compilations and all but if someone bothered to make Mctominays gag reel over even single games, it ould be comedy gold. The guy has as many poor moments in a game as peak Messi had brilliant ones. Should be sold asap.

always_hoping

Midfielders of similar quality Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverley was eventually let go when will McTominay be at least be dropped to the bench?

reelworld

Firstly, the words "Fred" and "ball retention" should never be uttered together.

As for McTominay, he was poor today. Carried the ball too much when he shouldve passed, and was sloppy in possession. In terms of "serving a purpose once the team is settled" however, McTominay could very well prove valuable as an attacking #8. He is normally good on the ball, at beating the press and carrying it out on the turn, and pinging balls into the feet of the attackers. He is never going to be a playmaker, and he is never going to be a DM as his defensive awareness and position are his two worst attributes. He also adds some physical presence to the team, which can be useful when we have signed a short CB.
McTominay and "good on the ball" should not be on a sentence together unless the latter was preceded by "not".
Absolutely nothing player. Can'[t pass, can't shoot, cant' dribble. He's pointless

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Now he's going to get a run of 10 games to play himself back into form....have one of those performances be slightly above average....which earns him another 20 games to hide

Infuriating player
Any chance he could do it in the reserve team perhaps? I just can't watch him being absolutely useless every week. :(

Kostov

Fred has always been better in the position that has more freedom. It's where he played before he joined us, it's where he plays for Brazil, and the one period that he played there for us he was comfortably one of our top performing players. It's ridiculous that we've spent almost his entire time at the club playing him as the deepest midfielder expecting him to be the one building out from the back, when it's obvious that it highlights all his weaknesses and makes it harder to show his strengths.

Of course, today was much worse than his normal performances in the deeper role so he certainly isn't blameless.
I've seen this paddled on here so often, and maybe I am wrong but imo I think it was just another purple patch from a god awful player in which he had couple of better games, I think he scored a goal or two. If my memory serves me right, he has had horrendous games in that forward role as well. And I think it's laughable to excuse his level of performance to him being switched from being the forward thinking b2b, to being the one of a double pivot, it's not like he is a CAM and asked to play a CDM. Look at him yesterday, the level and sheer incompetence in his play is nothing to do with the position, it's just Fred. No midfielder should lose the ball like he did, or get bypassed like he was for the second goal, and let's not talk about his passing.

Kostov

Because he's not good receiving ball as a 6 under pressure and building attacks, it's a different skill set to playing as an 8, where Fred has shown he is miles better.

McTominay is the worst central midfielder I've ever seen at United whether he's played at 6, 8 or wherever. Fred is merely, like, bottom 10. He's so much better than McTominay.
The only thing Fred has shown is that he will have this horrendous level wherever he is played. Nothing to do with playing as an 8 or as a 6. And this bullshit about "he is so much better than McT" like feck he is, if anything he is even more useless.

Mike Smalling

Just remembered that pointless backheel flick at the edge of the area. Any gifs of that?

mikeyt

Time for ETH to show what he's made of. McT should be nowhere near the first team and yesterday proved that in front of his eyes.

Roboc7

Time for ETH to show what he's made of. McT should be nowhere near the first team and yesterday proved that in front of his eyes.
I’d be amazed if he gets dropped, his height and lack of other options make him a guaranteed starter all season. It’s ludicrous and potential career suicide for ETH but predictably inevitable.

Gurtej

Forget being a man utd players and holding someone to much higher standards....But how on earth is he even a professional football player boggles my mind....

He can't control the ball..its that simple....Forget about playing KBD pass or a tackle like Keano....just control the ball son....

He can't control
His positioning is bad
He is afraid to take the ball
He doesn't have a pass
His tackles are bad

Yesterday when we should have scored or atleast had a decent chance to score around opponents penalty area...the guy got nervous and pretty much got himself sent off....I was shouting with anger and laugh at the same time...

I mean how bad you need to be to be kicked out of the team......he must have some internal secrets to be picked up time and time again

Telsim

Well, the other choices are the kids.
Don't get me wrong, think he's absolute turd, but we don't better options at the moment.
I don't want to jinx it, but I don't see how much worse could the young players be? Maybe if they dribble the ball into their own net? I mean, Scott isn't even invisible, he is an actual liability on the pitch. What kind of person gets himself carded in possession?

He is genuine relegation fodder footballer.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Its actually crazy how bad he played. Surprised Ten Hag keep him on that long.

Just 27 passes all game with a completion rate of 67%... From him, a guy who never attempts difficult passes. Rarely like to pin a performance on just 1 or 2 guys, but McFred were at their comedic worst today. Lucky he didn't get a red too.

As much as I like Ten Hag and believe in him, he really should be picking him. Pick Garner. Pick Donny. Anyone. McTominay is garbage.
27 passes!! What a complete joke, for a side who are hoping to control games. This is every game for him, minus the odd fee where we play Leeds.

Teja

Will say it again and again. Just play Iqbal or Eriksen deep with one of McT / Fred. That's the best we can do absent FdJ. There is no universe where Iqbal does worse than Fred during build up even in the PL.

Mike Smalling

That was comedy gold, all while we were chasing a goal :lol:
I can just remember total bemusement/exasperation from the commentators on Danish TV. They were basically like, "What the feck was that?", without using those exact words.

DevTheRed

Would’ve been better with him starting up top as the 9 rather than Eriksen.. shouldn’t be anywhere near our midfield if we want to play progressive possession football.

Hides from the ball and when he does get it he either passes it backwards or he loses it. Iqbal would’ve done more yesterday.

Asleepdemand

Stop comparing this trash to Fred, Even in Ole best season every single stat from Him was worse than Fred, especially ball progression. Fred is doing well in #8 for Brazil and this garbage have to play CB in Back 3 of Scotland, that is an easy comparison

Hughes35

I like him that I genuinely think his heart s in the right place....... Unfortunately he's just not very good at football.

He has no footballing brain and no technical ability, recipe for absolute disaster.

georgipep

Will say it again and again. Just play Iqbal or Eriksen deep with one of McT / Fred. That's the best we can do absent FdJ. There is no universe where Iqbal does worse than Fred during build up even in the PL.
Your judgement on a Brazil International being worse player than an academy player with 0 professional football games in his career is a bit... Are you serious?

Teja

Your judgement on a Brazil International being worse player than an academy player with 0 professional football games in his career is a bit... Are you serious?
The said Brazil international doesn't play deep lying playmaker for Brazil. I'm only saying the McFred partnership needs to die and get replaced by something that looks functional.

Longlivekeano

Why the feck did we sell Herrera, Pogba?
both McFred are so useless that even Fergies CM back ups are much better than them.

Butty
Parky
P Neville
R Johnsen

MadMike

Reminder that for Scotland he can't get a game in MF and only plays at CB. Because Gilmour, McGinn and C.McGregor are all considered better midfielders than him.

Yet somehow he starts in midfield (for years now too) for Manchester United. If he ends up costing Ten Hag his job it would be somewhat tragicomic

Status
Not open for further replies.