Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’m torn on this lad, most times I feel he needs to leave and let another youth player take over his role. Then common sense kicks and I start wondering whether he might do a Darren Fletcher by developing with age.

jem

I’m torn on this lad, most times I feel he needs to leave and let another youth player take over his role. Then common sense kicks and I start wondering whether he might do a Darren Fletcher by developing with age.
I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have genuine fears that he will still be here next season but hopefully his relative upturn in form will keep interested parties interested. That said, knowing us I always suspect some sort of ‘we’re a family club and we are different we look after our graduates’ will come into play with Scott.

Bondi77

I have genuine fears that he will still be here next season but hopefully his relative upturn in form will keep interested parties interested. That said, knowing us I always suspect some sort of ‘we’re a family club and we are different we look after our graduates’ will come into play with Scott.
Genuine fears :lol:
The guy is a squad player and when he comes into the side it is not unusual that he is one of the better performers in the team and that is what a squad player should be doing.
I would be more worried about Casemiro learning how to tackle properly and Varane managing to stay fit for more than three games if I was going to list things that were concerning me as they were purchased at a considerable expense and are important players in our starting 11.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Genuine fears :lol:
The guy is a squad player and when he comes into the side it is not unusual that he is one of the better performers in the team and that is what a squad player should be doing.
I would be more worried about Casemiro learning how to tackle properly and Varane managing to stay fit for more than three games if I was going to list things that were concerning me as they were purchased at a considerable expense and are important players in our starting 11.
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement to make regarding Scott, likely borne out of the fact that his last game was good. It would be very unusual for Scott to be amongst the best players on the pitch.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I can't agree, I don't think we would have won but possibly we might not have been so bad.
Despite the view that he is "crap", he isn't really.
We needed some physicality last night and Scott has provided that in previous European games.
When it comes to physicality there is a difference between strength and intensity. Scott brings the former, not the latter. What we needed against Sevilla was intensity so he wouldn't have been any help. Fred was the one who would have given us more fight and might have given us more of a hold of the game.

Nickelodeon

Where the feck is he? Somehow his availability lasted till the exact match when Casemiro finished his suspension.

Mainoldo

Never seen him so injured.

Would have been a perfect sub for Fred yesterday.

Red00012

He was mingling with the crowd at Wembley for the Brighton game , told us he’d be out for 3 weeks.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
For someone who rarely plays, he seems to be injured a lot.

Idxomer

Why not pass to Bruno who's all alone instead of taking a shot in that attack towards the end? Hated that.
And then he made an awful pass afterwards when it wasn't on and he should've probably shot in that case.

Bobski

He should look to shoot more really, he has a beautiful strike, easily the strongest trait of his technique.

Sylar

Why not pass to Bruno who's all alone instead of taking a shot in that attack towards the end? Hated that.
Need to see it again but thought he was in a good striking position and understood why he did at the time.

Idxomer

Tbf Bruno moaning after the shot was annoying, he has at least 3 dumb shots from a distance every game while having better options.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I know that a lot of people don't like McTominay. And as a #6, I completely agree. But what I would like to see is McTominay played as a #8 along with Cassemiro. For the most part, it's either been one of the other and there is a huge drop off in the #6 when it's McT. I've never thought he was a #6. He has too much energy and isn't disciplined enough to sit and dictate the play. But as a #8 I think he could possibly turn his career around...

gajender

I know that a lot of people don't like McTominay. And as a #6, I completely agree. But what I would like to see is McTominay played as a #8 along with Cassemiro. For the most part, it's either been one of the other and there is a huge drop off in the #6 when it's McT. I've never thought he was a #6. He has too much energy and isn't disciplined enough to sit and dictate the play. But as a #8 I think he could possibly turn his career around...
Kind of agree with it he might improve from being below average to average . But ideally he should leave for sake his own Career in Summer. .

Last edited:

edgecutter

He's been here long enough for managers to see if he can do that role and none believed he was up for it. He needs to leave in the summer, and hopefully the club doesn't just keep him around and offer him a ludicrous contract.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He's been here long enough for managers to see if he can do that role and none believed he was up for it. He needs to leave in the summer, and hopefully the club doesn't just keep him around and offer him a ludicrous contract.
When has he played that role? It certainly hasn't been this year and prior to now we didn't have a proper #6. McFred didn't work. We know that. That's because McT isn't a #6. But we have seen glimpses of him in a #8 and in my opinion it's been pretty good. I'd like to see him play with Cassemiro. Think of it this way. Prior to Partey coming in you'd be hard pressed to find an Arsenal fan who liked Xhaka as a #6. Now with Xhaka playing in the #8 a lot of gooners are concerned that they may lose him this summer...

SoCross

Like having a homegrown option like McT on the bench and pushing to start but unfortunately he isn’t good enough. He’s the weakest of our midfielders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He doesn’t need to turn his career around but move to a club that suits his qualities. He’s completely at odds with the team we want to be. His passing is too poor at this level.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
It's interesting that there is very much a negative vibe regarding McT, yet he gets a very positive crowd reaction from the home crowd, when he is introduced as a substitute.
Does that mean negativity elicits more responses on a forum and there is a more positive and supportive vibe at games ?
There is certainly more appreciation for McT at the games,

BorisManUtd

It's interesting that there is very much a negative vibe regarding McT, yet he gets a very positive crowd reaction from the home crowd, when he is introduced as a substitute.
Does that mean negativity elicits more responses on a forum and there is a more positive and supportive vibe at games ?
There is certainly more appreciation for McT at the games,
He's been at United since he was 5 years old so surely home crowd loves him for that. Also been decent player for us last 6 years.

Man City 2:1 Man Utd

Bobski

That was your chance to leave on a great note Scott, will be dreaming about that moment for the rest of his life.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think there's an argument he should have been on sooner, but really it probably wouldn't have made a difference

OrcaFat

If he plays every week under a good coach he will develop into a better player. I don’t think he can do that here. Whenever he comes on, I get a slight feeling of despair. He’s often done okay but never does enough to challenge for a place in the XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.