Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Another day another dogshite performance. If Newcastle really want to buy him and we rejected their offer we have no hope for the future of this club. Put case instead of this donkey and we would have won today

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will genuinely celebrate when the blessed day finally arrives.

-Supreme-

People say he’s a useful squad player but can’t be trusted unless he only comes on when we’re 2-0 or 3-0 up, but then we should give those mins to our youth players.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Let him go for free. We don’t need that shit as a squad option. We would seriously be better with 10 men or Maguire in midfield.

Dan_F

I have no idea why he played ahead of Fred today. Does anyone else?

I previously thought there was another level he could go to, but if anything, he’s regressed. Maybe it’s since I’ve been able to watch Casemiro regularly I’ve realised what an actual midfielder does :lol:

glasgow 21

If we have a serious bid from Mctominay and don't sell him it will be the biggest mistake since Glenn Miller went "I know its foggy but i'm away to get on a plane."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously playing him in a two with Eriksen away to the league leaders isn't optimal.

The truth is we need to keep him for the rest of the season as a squaddie.
Not that DVB was exactly achieving much anyway, but him being out for the season means we can't further deplete the numbers.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Obviously playing him in a two with Eriksen away to the league leaders isn't optimal.

Not that DVB was exactly achieving much anyway, but him being out for the season means we can't further deplete the numbers.
We can always play Heaton in midfield if we must. Get rid.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think people need to chill slightly, he's clearly not a player that starts under us anyway. His flaws just got massively highlighted by the league leaders, away from home.

We can all agree he only is a squad player here, so if he wants regular minutes, it is not going to be here.

I feel like we could replace him quite easily this window, but maybe there's no one that we can be sure of in the market right now.

BlueHaze

So much hate he is getting. At least he is available, unlike Anthony Jonesial.

Borussia Teeth

I’ve no doubt if he went to a mid table club and played week after week he’ll start to look like a competent and consistent footballer, like Andreas Pereira does now. But he’s not good enough for us so please get rid.

Can’t see it being Newcastle but someone will want him hopefully.
Doubt it. Unlike Andreas, he's had enough career games to develope. This is his level. He's a poor player

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I dont know what people are smoking thinking he can be a 'decent' squad player.

Atrocious midfielder.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He should be sold because he is not good enough for United and will never be, but we should get somebody decent in return, instead of losing players and never getting replacements, which has become the Glazers M.O.

Trequarista10

I have no idea why he played ahead of Fred today. Does anyone else?
Iirc the last time we started with an Eriksen-Fred CM duo we were 4-0 down at HT against Brentford, which is probably why.

Sadly we are extremely reliant on Casemiro and all of our possible midfield combinations without him are lacklustre for one reason or another.

KjaAnd

I still think he can be useful in certain scenarios as a box to box midfielder. However, due to his lack of positional awareness, he will always need a DM next to him. Yesterday, that was Eriksen who also doesn’t have any of the required defensive abilities to play that role.

Ibi Dreams

I don't even know why Newcastle would be interested in him. With their money they can and should be aiming a lot higher than McTominay

Dan_F

Iirc the last time we started with an Eriksen-Fred CM duo we were 4-0 down at HT against Brentford, which is probably why.

Sadly we are extremely reliant on Casemiro and all of our possible midfield combinations without him are lacklustre for one reason or another.
Thought all three of them would play.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Very disrespectful the criticism here. It’s not his fault he’s not at the level needed for a club seeking to win major trophies. He’s always given it his best and if he leaves I will wish him all the best as a player who has never stepped out of line and never moaned to the media.

I really think some of you need to look at what you type and ask yourself if you would say it to the guy’s face. Constructive criticism is fine and discussion about deficiencies also fine, but do it with respect people please.

edgecutter

Very disrespectful the criticism here. It’s not his fault he’s not at the level needed for a club seeking to win major trophies. He’s always given it his best and if he leaves I will wish him all the best as a player who has never stepped out of line and never moaned to the media.

I really think some of you need to look at what you type and ask yourself if you would say it to the guy’s face. Constructive criticism is fine and discussion about deficiencies also fine, but do it with respect people please.
Why would he moan to the media? The guy is playing for a massive club, while also being a fairly average at best player. The fact that the club has never invested properly in our midfield is one of the reasons why McTominay will play 200 games for this club. It's shambolic, but with the Glazers running the place I am not surprised. nd it also wouldn't surprise me that we don't acccept an offer for him and let him leave on a free (cleverly/lingard style).

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Why would he moan to the media? The guy is playing for a massive club, while also being a fairly average at best player. The fact that the club has never invested properly in our midfield is one of the reasons why McTominay will play 200 games for this club. It's shambolic, but with the Glazers running the place I am not surprised. nd it also wouldn't surprise me that we don't acccept an offer for him and let him leave on a free (cleverly/lingard style).
This never stopped Henderson, Lingard and Co from moaning to the media

Zippycup

I'd bet the majority would be begging for his autograph if they saw him.

Roboc7

I don't even know why Newcastle would be interested in him. With their money they can and should be aiming a lot higher than McTominay
They probably are and will aim higher, if Mctominay were to go there he’d very likely end up struggling for game time. He’d be better off at West Ham or someone like that.

He’s not good enough and can’t be trusted even as a backup but so short on numbers that the summer of right time to sell.

Woziak

Yep your right we have such an alarming drop off in midfield back ups, is there any wonder we struggled in this area before Casemeiro and Ericssen, however we desperately need to strengthen this area. In the summer we must recruit 2/3 and if it’s 3 we need to get rid of 2.

I would like to see 2 or 3 from this group ; D Rice, E Fernandez, Rabiot, M Caceido, FDJ, Weston McKenzie, Lopettegi, Tielemans, A McCalister, J Maddison. Simple question are all these players upgrades on DVB, Fred and Mctominay ?
If the answer is yes we should sell the 2 players that would give the club the highest values McTominay and Fred possible for £50-55m combined and then we should go get Declan Rice (80m), A McCalister (40m) and Tielemans (10m or Free). Ericssen, Tielemans and McAllister can all put Bruno under pressure at number 10 and all play as a hybrid 8 too.

I think your find these players are available and coming to end of their contracts like the Juventus players who will also be available in the summer after their financial penalties are decided.

We can then spend the money on a top quality CFW, I’m sure Maguire will be sold for 30-40m and that means would have to pay 70+80m plus the transfer fee to get V osimhen or H Kane. The club could be serious contenders with these 4 additions plus another CB like J Gvardiol or J Timbor and a new Sweeper Keeper like D Costa.

If we clear out the most sellable assets and the new owners are serious by willing to invest a £200m warchest then we can purchase the 6 players the squad needs to be serious challengers. United currently can’t rely on Maguire, Mctominay, Fred, Lindelof, DVB, and others like Martial, Antony and Sancho need stellar finishes to the season or young players like Garnaucho and Dialo will take their places.

Speako

Very frustrating player. Interesting to view the scores and comments from the previous win in September - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-arsenal.472873/ : 'Special mention to McTominey', McTominey again, absolutely brilliant'. -

And then that non-existent performance yesterday. Can understand why ETH picked him, but he's flattered to decieve more times than not and it's time to bite the bullet.

Marcus

He is not the required standard for a team aspiring to win the league.

RuudTom83

One small newspaper article linking Newcastle weeks ago…then no real news since or any bid to discuss.

Close Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.