Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wouldn’t sell him, would cost us more to replace and we’re already short of options with investment needed in other areas. I also don’t think he’s as bad as the rest of the caf do!
Why can't we sell him and take a gamble on some of the players we've been linked in the past? - ie Enzo at River or Caicedo at his Ecuadorian team.

What is Scott offering us at the moment exactly? He's a cup player, otherwise he's getting less than 20 mins on average a game.

prateik

They wanted 50m for Longstaff.. lets see what their valuation is for Scotty2Hotty

I'd keep him unless he wanted to go.. If he wants to start and we cant give him that, then fine. if not. I'd like him to stay on.

CM

Jesus…bit cut throat on Eriksen…the guy is bolloxed cause we have overplayed him but after a rest…hard to find a better midfielder unless we are shelling out €80 million+
That's what we should be doing in the summer. It's a squad game and if we're back in the Champions League we need two good players per position.

On McTominay - we should sell if we get a good bid but it won't happen mid-season. I'm not massively keen but we have loads of games so need the bodies, I don't think we'd be able to find an adequate replacement this window.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Normally I'd say sell for 20m but

- British player tax
- Arab oil money tax
- Longstaff tax
- Dubravka recall tax

100m or get fecked.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If we had a decent squad, yes. But we need a really good fee to buy a replacement so I dont see him being sold now

prateik

With DVB out and us having to promote Mainoo, I dont see how we'll let another midfielder leave in Jan.

Abraxas

No point in selling him for some of the fees suggested. What do we do with 20-30 million in the January window. It is pointless. It's not adding to a kitty, we don't have one. I think a sensible observer can easily see he is now a squad player that can play a few midfield roles and isn't expensive to keep here. He's also a decent seeming personality. Basically rotation material. I think it's only frustration over his previous squad status that would cause people to sell him for paltry figures not seeing the bigger picture.

HookedOnAPhelan

Sell him and a few others and spend the money on Frenkie (or another first-choice midfielder) and a striker.

Infra-red

Newcastle are undoubtedly a top 4 rival this season - we shouldn't sell unless we have a superior player lined up to come in (seems somewhat doubtful, given our current financial situation).

OleGunnar20

Demanding 'Longstaff Money' would be cutting our nose off to spite our face. We need to be sensible and sell the likes of McTom and Elanga for decent fees when the opportunities arise. 25-30m+ seems fair enough to me.

Though, now might not be the best time to sell Scott with our midfield already so light. Unless we've a replacement lined up ready to go I'd hold on until Summer.

Elanga's a different case. Pellistri or Amad recalled could slot into his role easily enough and arguably do better.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why can't we sell him and take a gamble on some of the players we've been linked in the past? - ie Enzo at River or Caicedo at his Ecuadorian team.

What is Scott offering us at the moment exactly? He's a cup player, otherwise he's getting less than 20 mins on average a game.
Why not take a gamble on an in-house option, what's the point in having the U23/21/18 or whatever teams if we're not going to give them a chance?

Jeffthered

If he really wishes to leave it will be a bit of a shame in many ways, but, if the Geordies want him and he wants to go, then as some have mentioned, we want big money, and need a direct replacement.

justboy68

Figure we'll only sell him if we have someone else in mind to come in as a replacement. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. So hopefully that's the case!

klayton88

Newcastle are a big top 4 rival - we shouldn't sell unless we have a superior player lined up to come in (seems somewhat doubtful, given our current financial situation).
We're talking Scott McTominay here.

El Zoido

Depends on the offer, but could be risky right now because an injury could leave us short on options. He’s barely a rotation option at the moment though, you can keep the squad happy if players are getting minutes here and there, but he’s dropped way down.

Abraxas

We're talking Scott McTominay here.
Yeah and Newcastle were also talking Dan Burn, Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood. Perhaps they actually have a pretty decent idea of what they're doing to build a solid squad without necessarily star names and helping them mid season when we have limited opportunity to respond isn't great.

BlueHaze

Just sell him then he's been completely taken out of the team since Casemiro became a regular and if true Scott wants to leave then it's good for him cause it means he' ambitious and wants to play rather than be benched for a big club!! Win win, we get some money and he gets to play more but it has to be at least £20m or more!

Skills

Snitch
Demanding 'Longstaff Money' would be cutting our nose of to spite our face. We need to be sensible and sell the likes of McTom and Elanga for decent fees when the opportunities arise. 25-30m+ seems fair enough to me.

Though, now might not be the best time to sell Scott with our midfield already so light. Unless we've a replacement lined up ready to go I'd hold on until Summer.

Elanga's a different case. Pellistri or Amad recalled could slot into his role easily enough and arguably do better.
Exactly, it's so stupid. Longstaff is shit, and Newcastle saved us from Solkskjaer's stupidity with that valuation

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why not take a gamble on an in-house option, what's the point in having the U23/21/18 or whatever teams if we're not going to give them a chance?
If we had a DM in the academy, sure. I think Scott is a unique profile in terms of physical presence in there we don't have at our club on the whole.

Skills

Snitch
If we had a DM in the academy, sure. I think Scott is a unique profile in terms of physical presence in there we don't have at our club on the whole.
He's unique that's for sure. A midfielder who doesn't want the ball in his feet.

MrSingh2002

How much did they ask for Longstaff again? They can have him for £60million, only fair.
I agree. £60m or we keep him. Genuinely wouldn't sell a homegrown local lad for less who could be a very useful squad player for us.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We have Martinez to cover if we really need to

Skills

Snitch
I agree. £60m or we keep him. Genuinely wouldn't sell a homegrown local lad for less who could be a very useful squad player for us.
Mental. And people have the audacity to call the Glazers clueless.

captaincantona

That's what we should be doing in the summer. It's a squad game and if we're back in the Champions League we need two good players per position.

On McTominay - we should sell if we get a good bid but it won't happen mid-season. I'm not massively keen but we have loads of games so need the bodies, I don't think we'd be able to find an adequate replacement this window.
No I know we need a McT upgrade. Was just commenting on moving Eriksen into that current McT role of barely playing. Eriksen is a first choice for me when fit and can play as that 8 along with Fred or Bruno at a push. If McT gets sold it’s to upgrade on him with a deputy for Casemiro.

Impossible to get that type of player in this window. Would prefer to do the deal in the summer and throw the money straight onto Caicedo. Reckon €70 million would do it so whateverwe get for McT would take a chunk out of that. Surely Caicedo would value playing with Casemiro for a few seasons to develop himself.

Smores

We'll only struggle to sell him in a year or two if we pass this up. When other clubs want your mediocre players that's when you sell up not when you're desperate to just get them off the books.

Mr.Hik

What a loser, little bit competition and he wants out. Such a mentality, good vibes, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.