Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Link to article

Relevant excerpt :
They have also expressed an interest in Manchester United’s Scott McTominay, after learning the player is worried about a lack of game time under Erik ten Hag. The Scotland international is widely liked by Newcastle’s management team and the North East club will bid if they are offered any encouragement from Old Trafford to do so. Telegraph Sport understands McTominay is understood to be open to moving to St James’ Park.
I'd keep him unless it was feck you money, personally. I know most would disagree here though :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well as much as I think he can be improved upon, it would need to be worth our while in order to fund a replacement

ElectroManiac

If they sent a big offer and we can put that cash towards a good squad player that we can rotate with Casemiro. I'm up for it

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
McTominay out for a somewhat big fee > Eriksen moves into that squad option position in the pecking order > new no.8 incoming >> we win the quadruple next season

Kaos

How much did they ask for Longstaff again? They can have him for £60million, only fair.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
What was it they wanted for Longstaff? 50m?

Would prefer him to stay as a squad player, but any decent fee and we have to let him go.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t particularly rate him but it doesn’t seem to make sense to remove a squad player without a replacement nor potentially strengthen another side currently at the top end of the table.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wouldn’t sell him, would cost us more to replace and we’re already short of options with investment needed in other areas. I also don’t think he’s as bad as the rest of the caf do!

Chairman Steve

I’d keep Fred over McTominay any day to be honest regarding our infamous McFred duo. McTominay goes into hiding a lot when the going gets tough, whilst Fred’s a bit of a workhorse and a nice little midfield destroyer. I wasn’t expecting Newcastle to be linked and I was anticipating the likes of West Ham and Villa.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Link to article

Relevant excerpt :

I'd keep him unless it was feck you money, personally. I know most would disagree here though :lol:
You're right about that, most will disagree, he's no more than an average squad player, to get better players we have to sell some and this looks to be an opportunity to do so

Dannn411

If the offer is significant I would sell this January. Will never be good enough to play at the level Manchester United is trying to get to. Any amount of money we can get for him is welcome.

saik

I would generally be happy to see him leave as I don't think he's of the required standard to be here but if we were to let him leave we would be very light in midfield as VDB is also out for the season. 1 injury to either Casemiro or Eriksen we would be relying on our youth in Mainoo or Iqbal.

I guess it all depends on how much they are willing to offer and if we can get some replacement. As it is right now, we can't let him leave. In the summer? 100% yes. Sell him and get a better player in.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would sell him provided we get a proper DM to back up Casemiro.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We need better back up players if we want to reach the next level. People should ask themselves whether they'd be comfortable with McTominay filling in for Casemiro in an important fixture, because I know I wouldn't.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Despite them saying Longstaff was £50 million, despite them being the richest football club in the world by a colossal distance and despite them being a direct rival now I bet our notoriously wank negotiation team would still only manage to get something like £18 million plus £4 million in add-ons if we did sell him to them.

Bobade

Summer, maybe. Now, no. Decent squad player and at the minute, we need options.

Skills

Snitch
£30m + 5-10m in add-ons, yes please.

He's too big of a downgrade from Casemiro to be a viable back up for him anyway, so we can use that money to get a legit back up. Maybe tempt Leicester into letting Tielemans go 6 months early

BerryBerryShrew

If Brighton are willing to talk deal for Caicedo, then fund it by flogging McTom and Elanga. But can't sell Scottie without getting in someone else (preferably better).

wolvored

As long as we can bring in a replacement and get at least £30 mill. Cant see us getting any more. We could sign tielemans who would be an upgrade, for example.

captaincantona

McTominay out for a somewhat big fee > Eriksen moves into that squad option position in the pecking order > new no.8 incoming >> we win the quadruple next season
Jesus…bit cut throat on Eriksen…the guy is bolloxed cause we have overplayed him but after a rest…hard to find a better midfielder unless we are shelling out €80 million+

Skills

Snitch
If we're using the same inflation they applied to their value of Longstaff, then not even the entire Kingdom of Saudi Arabia could afford Scott McTominay.
I think they were the real losers in that deal. They could've got a decent money for him, and instead they've still got Sean Longstaff.

Jericholyte2

If they put in a stupid offer for him and we could get Tielemens for £10m then I’d do that deal.

Jev

I'm not against shipping him out, but Newcastle? Only for over-the-top crazy money.
Why? It's not like he's a special talent who will transform them. They could find 20 other midfielders of similar quality. Might as well be us who gets the money.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If Brighton are willing to talk deal for Caicedo, then fund it by flogging McTom and Elanga. But can't sell Scottie without getting in someone else (preferably better).
Why on earth wou'd we contemplate getting someone who isn't better?

No way will Brighton sell Caicedo unless we offer serious silly money, why would they, he's their best player and they're having possibly the best season they've ever had in the top flight

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Anything over £35 million and we have to sell now. We need better players than him and we need to start being proactive in getting profit from those that aren’t good enough.

Getting over £50 million for him and Elanga doesn’t weaken us at all and means we can bring in someone who truly contributes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
25m + performance bonus would be very reasonable for him.

I would hope we then take a gamble on a young DM who can be rotated and learn off Casemiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.