Scott Parker - Fulham coach

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a bit rubbish isn't he?

Loftus-Cheek sat on the bench while Cairney and Lemina wander round all game passing to Everton.
Joey Bryan, experienced and enthusiastic attacking LB, scorer of 2 goals in the playoff final to win promotion, benched in favour of a grafter who can't attack or defend.
Mitrovic, scorer of 25+ goals last year sat on the bench.

Switching play across the front of your defence in the first minute, missing passes, missing blocks, softest centre since I left a packet of After Eights on my passenger seat in the sun.

Quite impressive that Fulham aren't in the drop zone I'll give him that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Reminds me of an even more naive Roberto Martinez.

Brophs

The One and Only
I genuinely don’t know if he’s any good but the recruitment at that club has been borderline negligent for quite a few years now and he’s being asked to make a team from whichever players had the good luck to have an agent with an in at the club. They haven’t had a good centre half in years. They’ll be relegated again and the whole “Tim Ream: is he utter shit or just about good enough for the Championship?” cycle will start again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fulham's owner is too busy playing wrestling promoter to care.

Chipper

Adulterer.
They're basically Norwich from last season so I'm going to say he reminds me of that German bloke whose name I can't remember.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's the Fulham owner's kid who is farting about with daddy's money in the wrestling biz.
I thought Tony was allowed to run both by daddy? He's definitely playing with AEW, but it's always Tony I hear about when it comes to Fulham, too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They're basically Norwich from last season so I'm going to say he reminds me of that German bloke whose name I can't remember.
They're Fulham from 18/19. Pretty sure they actually had more points at this stage two years ago.

Brentford coming up would've been far more interesting.

Chipper

Adulterer.
They're Fulham from 18/19. Pretty sure they actually had more points at this stage two years ago.

Brentford coming up would've been far more interesting.
Haha, you could say that too.

I was thinking in terms of them sticking to their style of play come what may and suffering for it. Farke, whose name I now remember got praised for having his prinicples/philosophy at times with Norwich, particularly early in the season but they simply didn't have the players for it and that praise turned to criticism as he refused to change. Same sort of thing is happening with Parker to a degree. They're alright to watch and I'm sure they'd be winning lots of games in the Championship playing this way but it's not happening for them in this league.

Can't even remember if they had a style of play in 18/19, I think they were just a disjointed mess all round.

But yeah, they were very bad then and very bad now.

LVGSdive

RLC had a really bad injury. He looked way off the pace earlier in the season which is why he is on the bench. When or if he gets back to full fitness he will be in the starting lineup.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haha, you could say that too.

I was thinking in terms of them sticking to their style of play come what may and suffering for it. Farke, whose name I now remember got praised for having his prinicples/philosophy at times with Norwich, particularly early in the season but they simply didn't have the players for it and that praise turned to criticism as he refused to change. Same sort of thing is happening with Parker to a degree. They're alright to watch and I'm sure they'd be winning lots of games in the Championship playing this way but it's not happening for them in this league.

Can't even remember if they had a style of play in 18/19, I think they were just a disjointed mess all round.

But yeah, they were very bad then and very bad now.
What isn't helping is Mitrovic being in worst form of his career. He hit double figures last time in prem.

Fulham got up as Mitrovic, Bobby Reid, Cavaliero and Knockaert was a very good front 4 at championship level and they had other good players in other positions.

But then you see them in opening games and it's still Ream and Odoi at the back who are out of their depth at prem level.

You would say guys like Areola and Andersson are better but think the problem is lack of pre season and them signing late so little chance to build the team spirit up.

Idxomer

His team actually plays decent football, at least in the games I've seen against the top teams.

Zoo

I like this team. Get a new striker and you’d expect them to climb the table.

Classical Mechanic

Leading The Championship with Bournemouth so far. Undefeated. Joint second 2nd for goals scored and the fewest conceded by a margin. He’s even got Solanke looking like a top striker.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've not watched him or his team - but I slightly believe something to my self;

That CM'S tend to make the best managers.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's an absolute brilliant manager, Bournemouth are playing some very good football.
Parker has successfully managed to keep the core senior players together whilst blooding the new crop of youth players through as well.

Parker has them playing a high tempo, high pressing game which works with the players they have.
By far the best team in the Championship so far.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah but Ince and Keane were CMs.
And they turned out great managers
Off course we both know that position on the football pitch doesn’t matter
That being said I’m struggling to think of many former goalkeepers turned top manager

Josh 76

He's an absolute brilliant manager, Bournemouth are playing some very good football.
Parker has successfully managed to keep the core senior players together whilst blooding the new crop of youth players through as well.

Parker has them playing a high tempo, high pressing game which works with the players they have.
By far the best team in the Championship so far.
Another one that I’m shocked Spurs didn’t go for. It was a perfect match.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
And they turned out great managers
Off course we both know that position on the football pitch doesn’t matter
That being said I’m struggling to think of many former goalkeepers turned top manager
Nuno is doing an excellent job with Spurs!

But yeah, not many goalies have done really well as managers.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Thread title could do with being updated. Only 8 goals conceded in 15 games is impressive.

Bebestation

Fergie was a striker, Busby was an inside forward
Ofcourse I'm not saying that it's going to work 100% everywhere then only midfielders would ever be managers.

Pep, Conte, Simeone, Zidane, Ancelotti back in the day, Gerrard even now emerging for Rangers or Viera for Crystal Palace, cruyff was a forward/attacking midfielder type player, wenger was apparently also a midfielder, Fabio Capello, Louis Van Gaal, Vincent Del Bosque (CDM), Allegri (CM), Luis Enrique is regarded as a midfielder/forward too.

I'm not saying you have to be a CM to be a good manager, that's just wrong- but I do think the way a midfielder plays football requires a bit more thinking and at times tactical balancing - which can lead to them contemplating the career of good management than someone like a goalkeeper.

Others Guus Hiddink, Gasperini, Unai Emery, Joachim Low (CAM), Deschamps, aime Jaquet

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Ofcourse I'm not saying that it's going to work 100% everywhere then only midfielders would ever be managers.

Pep, Conte, Simeone, Zidane, Ancelotti back in the day, Gerrard even now emerging for Rangers or Viera for Crystal Palace, cruyff was a forward/attacking midfielder type player, wenger was apparently also a midfielder, Fabio Capello, Louis Van Gaal, Vincent Del Bosque (CDM), Allegri (CM), Luis Enrique is regarded as a midfielder/forward too.

I'm not saying you have to be a CM to be a good manager, that's just wrong- but I do think the way a midfielder plays football requires a bit more thinking and at times tactical balancing - which can lead to them contemplating the career of good management than someone like a goalkeeper.

Others Guus Hiddink, Gasperini, Unai Emery, Joachim Low (CAM), Deschamps, aime Jaquet
This was a while ago but I remember someone doing a breakdown of the greatest 50 managers (no idea what the criteria was) and midfielders did actually appear more than the other positions.

Bebestation

This was a while ago but I remember someone doing a breakdown of the greatest 50 managers (no idea what the criteria was) and midfielders did actually appear more than the other positions.
Yeah.

This is why I have a personal bet with my self that one of our ex midfielders like either one of 1. Nicky Butt, 2. Michael Carrick or 3. Darren Fletcher will become interim manager one day after a sacking and might actually do well.

It's just not going to happen anytime soon because of Ole being an ex player manger too.

Barcelona is another team to keep the eye on because they have Rinsed their successes literally going from Van Gaal to Frank Rijkaard to Pep Guardiola to then Luis Enrique. Koeman was also a midfielder but never a good manager.
There seems to be a bit of hype rising for Xavi being a manager for them so let's see if he would be any good at management too.

izec

Looks to be getting better and better. Lets see what he does next year in the PL. Thought Spurs would go for him last summer.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Midfielders have to have a understanding of defensive and attacking play - not to mention they are important in terms of organising a team and also grabbing hold of a game as well as their team mates. They’re trusted to make the team click on the pitch. So it’s not a surprise that more often than not a good manager seems to have played in that area of the pitch as it requires a lot of thinking and a range of attributes to play there. You’ll obviously have exceptions to the rule.

Bebestation

Midfielders have to have a understanding of defensive and attacking play - not to mention they are important in terms of organising a team and also grabbing hold of a game as well as their team mates. They’re trusted to make the team click on the pitch. So it’s not a surprise that more often than not a good manager seems to have played in that area of the pitch as it requires a lot of thinking and a range of attributes to play there. You’ll obviously have exceptions to the rule.
Yeah this is what I see too, you got to kind of try and strike a balance more when you play as a midfielder.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Yeah.

This is why I have a personal bet with my self that one of our ex midfielders like either one of 1. Nicky Butt, 2. Michael Carrick or 3. Darren Fletcher will become interim manager one day after a sacking and might actually do well.

It's just not going to happen anytime soon because of Ole being an ex player manger too.

Barcelona is another team to keep the eye on because they have Rinsed their successes literally going from Van Gaal to Frank Rijkaard to Pep Guardiola to then Luis Enrique. Koeman was also a midfielder but never a good manager.
There seems to be a bit of hype rising for Xavi being a manager for them so let's see if he would be any good at management too.
Koeman was a center back, who could do a decent enough job in midfield, but he was a sweeper type of centerback, rather than being a midfielder.

Bebestation

Koeman was a center back, who could do a decent enough job in midfield, but he was a sweeper type of centerback, rather than being a midfielder.
Yeah I know, it's just because he played some games there I added to the list but I guess maybe that shows again - out of Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Koeman - Koeman maybe the worst manager for Barcelona, who was the least midfield out of them? I'm sure they had a bit of a horrid period too with Van Gaal but I think they won something aswell.

Let's see how Xavi does.