Scottish Football 21-22

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Who are the Scottish media speculating about as the next Celtic manager?

VanAlden

55 imminent. Hard fought victory for Rangers on a very sad and poignant day for the club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
0-0 against Livingston at home means just 13 wins out of 21 matches.......i can't believe that Lennon is still the coach :houllier:
Wonder if they realise it’s over and a new manager won’t be able to look any good by being so far behind Rangers.

Celtic are a shambles lately. What happened to Edouard? Looks woeful now

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
0-0 against Livingston at home means just 13 wins out of 21 matches.......i can't believe that Lennon is still the coach :houllier:
The last two games he and a bunch of players haven't been involved in directly due to a Dubai training camp feckup. Still terrible though.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Latest roumor doing the rounds....

Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect. Peter Lawwell will step down from his position at the end of the season. Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night, with his resignation tendered post match. John Kennedy will be moving to a Football Operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season. Eddie Howe will be announced first thing on Thursday morning along with his own back room team giving him the best part week to access the squad prior to the next league game against Hamilton at home on Wednesday night.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Breaking News.....

Neil Lennon confirms one of Celtic’s self isolating players has tested positivefor coronavirus, but didn’t say who the player was.

that’s all we need.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Rangers fans must be threw the roof winning the title the way they have this season.

They are running through the league.

The question I have is with all those years rangers were not in the SPL you would think Celtic would use that time to further themselves so far ahead of rangers that they would not even be in the same universe in the league. Yet somehow within only a few seasons back Rangers are back to winning the SPL and the squad is just as good as Celtics if not better.

Can’t help but feel they dropped the ball. It’s a shame because I prefer Celtic to rangers.

Lay

Rangers fans must be threw the roof winning the title the way they have this season.

The question I have is with all those years rangers were not in the SPL you would think Celtic would use that time to further themselves so far ahead of rangers that they would not even be in the same universe in the league. Yet somehow within only a few seasons back Rangers are back to winning the SPL and the squad is just as good as Celtics if not better.

Can’t help but feel they dropped the ball. It’s a shame because I prefer Celtic to rangers.
Exactly my thinking. They’ve had a huge advantage and Rangers have a rookie manager. It shouldn’t be this easy for Rangers

SportingCP96

Supports
Exactly my thinking. They’ve had a huge advantage and Rangers have a rookie manager. It shouldn’t be this easy for Rangers
It’s rather embarrassing actually.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Good piece here on the lack of self-awareness at Celtic Park

Lennon fully imploding in today's press conference:

Taking a pot at the Scottish Government, the public health rules around Covid-19, the media, the boogeyman etc.

Cracking line there about "nobody's got Covid". Well apart from the 2 positive tests so far. And almost trumped by "our protocols were perfect" - well apart from leaving the country for a jolly amid a travel ban to go on the piss in Dubai.

Lay

Celtic have had this arrogance that is very unlikable. I’m glad they can’t even make the CL group stage or even get past the Europa group stage

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Taking a pot at the Scottish Government, the public health rules around Covid-19, the media, the boogeyman etc.

Cracking line there about "nobody's got Covid". Well apart from the 2 positive tests so far. And almost trumped by "our protocols were perfect" - well apart from leaving the country for a jolly amid a travel ban to go on the piss in Dubai.
Rumor that the club feels they were screwed over by the government regarding Dubai.
A final check regarding suitability to travel to dubai was made by club officials in a meeting with the government on morning of Rangers game and we were told it was OK to go. When Julian's test came back positive we contacted the government and provided seating plans for plane, bus, eating areas etc. We also provided video footage to confirm all these arrangements were followed. Apparently based on this we expected 3 folk to be required to isolate due to their close contact with julien - mostly.medical staff. However the government.came back to us the following day and said, because it was an overseas trip they were broadening the area to 4m instead of the 2m that applies to all other flights. This meant the entire front section.of the plane had to isolate which was 16 players and staff members who had been sitting on their own in each row on either side of the aisle. Celtic complained that the rules had been changed and that they were being more harshly treated than other organisations but the suggestion came back that the government would just stop the game up here if they pushed it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

I think Celtic did this very well until they replaced Brendan with Lennon.

Let’s not forget the talent that has been on their squad over the years where Rangers were absent.

This isn’t just a question of, oh Celtic signed Lennon and dropped the ball. The job Gerrard has done at Rangers has been phenomenal.

They don’t have the same resources and it isn’t just a case of them catching up. There may have been little threat with different people in charge, but Gerrard has galvanized the club, been a real leader, made very astute signings and brought real confidence back to the club.

He has really done a fantastic job, and deserves a massive amount of credit for it.

SportingCP96

Supports

Let’s not forget the talent that has been on their squad over the years where Rangers were absent.

This isn’t just a question of, oh Celtic signed Lennon and dropped the ball. The job Gerrard has done at Rangers has been phenomenal.

They don’t have the same resources and it isn’t just a case of them catching up. There may have been little threat with different people in charge, but Gerrard has galvanized the club, been a real leader, made very astute signings and brought real confidence back to the club.

He has really done a fantastic job, and deserves a massive amount of credit for it.
100% agree. He’s done an amazing job and deserves all the credit in the world for it.

Nonetheless with all the money and resources gathered from winning the league and being in Europe those 5 years rangers were out if it they should of been at an unattainable position especially with the short amount of time rangers has been back.

Their board or whoever dropped the ball completely IMO.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Our manager was being honest today...
That is his latest crime....

Apart from the players ' not getting Covid' mistake he made...
Everything else he said was without fault factually... And he gave his honest opinion that the trip was not wrong...

It depends on what prism is used to look at his press conference....

Through mine...
He gave it to our press and their pundit pals between the eyes...
About time someone spoke the truth about these paracites ...
It always seems to be Lenny who's left to do it though , and not those who run the club....
I salute him as ever, him for his courage and honesty...
( which I feel should be respected whether we agree or disagree with Dubai going ahead)...

He defends, and has for 20 years , the club he loves against the relentless onslaught of media assassination attempts....
These contemptuous individuals are the Enemy....
Not Neil Lennon...

They Hate Celtic...
Plain and Simple...
That must never be disregarded or minimised....
We must Never try to appease these excuses for newspapers and journalists...

All we can do at our club , or at least should do , is what Neil Lennon did today ( and again our opinions on Dubai are not what's important here)..
And that is...
Speak the Truth...
Call them out...
Let them know, in public , that their agendas are there for every Celtic fan to see...
And that we will Not be cowed into Silence...

Lenny will be vilified, as always, in the press, radio and TV tomorrow..... not because he was 'angry' or ' made an ar*e' of himself today....
But because he got too close to The Truth...
As he has so often in the past...

It is his Honesty that frightens them...
And That is why he was slaughtered, Otherwise...
He would simply be ignored..

His manner may not be to every Celtic supporters liking at times..
I accept that....
But......
20 years of relentless abuse, bigotry and racism thrust against you continually, must take its toll on you... take the PR gloss off you....

His strength and bravery in standing up for himself, his family, his club and his culture and upbringing are beyond reproach as far as I'm concerned...
And that's why this man will forever be...
A True Celtic Legend...
in my eyes at least...

God bless you, Neil Francis Lennon

It wasn't silky... It wasn't meant to be...
It was from the heart , and Honest.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
The Scottish police and prosecución have cost the taxpayers over £40 million in compensation and legal costs for the malicios prosecution of Green, White, Duff, Phelps and others. Action brought about by folk furious that Rangers FC died although these guys done fvck all illegal.
Sturgeon or her Government have said fvck all. The opposition have said fvck all. The media saying fvck all although its a massive story.
But hey Celtic went to Dubái and had a beer.

Bwuk

The Scottish police and prosecución have cost the taxpayers over £40 million in compensation and legal costs for the malicios prosecution of Green, White, Duff, Phelps and others. Action brought about by folk furious that Rangers FC died although these guys done fvck all illegal.
Sturgeon or her Government have said fvck all. The opposition have said fvck all. The media saying fvck all although its a massive story.
But hey Celtic went to Dubái and had a beer.
Not really relevant to Celtic behaving like idiots though is it.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s astonishing the lengths a Celtic fan will go to portray themselves as victims. I despise that little Scottish club.

They got slated for going to Dubai then said it would affect their social distancing etc. Videos and photos prove they broke the guidelines in bars and drunk beside pools etc.

They come back and SHOCKINGLY, a player has Covid. Who would have thought? A club who generally believe they are above the law and historically known for sweeping issues under the carpet and playing the victim. Despicable football club.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

This is nonsense really, they’ve spent £30 million since Gerrard took over and spent £10 million the season before. It’s not some miracle job that they’ve caught up at all. They’ve spent big money to do it and it was always going to happen once they came back up. Rangers and Celtic have similar resources, always been the same. The real difference in resources is between Celtic/Rangers and everyone else in the league. Their budgets are about 5 times the size of even Aberdeen.

However, Gerrard has still done an excellent job and they’ve spent the money very well. He’s very good tactically and can switch between a few formations and tactics depending on the opposition.

Rangers winning the league this season is because of Gerrard and the job that he has done. Rangers being 20+ points clear though is due to Celtic having appointed a token manager who should never have got the job.

poleglass red

It’s astonishing the lengths a Celtic fan will go to portray themselves as victims. I despise that little Scottish club.

They got slated for going to Dubai then said it would affect their social distancing etc. Videos and photos prove they broke the guidelines in bars and drunk beside pools etc.

They come back and SHOCKINGLY, a player has Covid. Who would have thought? A club who generally believe they are above the law and historically known for sweeping issues under the carpet and playing the victim. Despicable football club.
Vast majority of Celtic fans aren't happy at all with this trip, it's pretty much universally been viewed as a huge mistake, the results post trip prove that. The club itself has made a public admission to that effect, Peter Lawell chief executive " “On refection, looking back and looking with hindsight and looking at the outcome of the trip, clearly it was a mistake and for that I profoundly apologise to our supporters."The fact the clubs channel didn't broadcast Lennon's speech says it all. I think Lennon is a man under immense pressure and he's probably signed his own death warrant with that speech. Celtic fans have been calling for his removal for a while now, and this has only hastened their calls for him to go. The whole trip from planning it, to executing it, was a shambles. Aside from the obvious pandemic issues related to travelling, seeing rich footballers sitting poolside in the sun sipping a beer when many fans are out of work, struggling financially, and can't leave their homes, was very distasteful.They need to learn from this big time, and ensure mistakes of this gravity aren't repeated.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is nonsense really, they’ve spent £30 million since Gerrard took over and spent £10 million the season before. It’s not some miracle job that they’ve caught up at all. They’ve spent big money to do it and it was always going to happen once they came back up. Rangers and Celtic have similar resources, always been the same. The real difference in resources is between Celtic/Rangers and everyone else in the league. Their budgets are about 5 times the size of even Aberdeen.

However, Gerrard has still done an excellent job and they’ve spent the money very well. He’s very good tactically and can switch between a few formations and tactics depending on the opposition.

Rangers winning the league this season is because of Gerrard and the job that he has done. Rangers being 20+ points clear though is due to Celtic having appointed a token manager who should never have got the job.
Its not nonsense at all, even today, Rangers wage bill is two thirds of Celtics. It’s not a miracle, but it’s a really good job. They beat Celtic and he instilled the confidence that they are a better team.

He has made astute signings and managed it for better and he has motivated the players to perform well in Europe, and to believe that they could Mount this challenge.

He has inferior resources and has done a great job.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I absolutely despise Celtic. Having lived in Scotland, I couldn’t stomach either of the Old Firm, however Celtic fans are out there in terms is paranoia and playing the victim.

An utterly disgusting football club who will cover up anything in an attempt to save grace. This whole behaviour post-Dubai is not surprising from the club and a minority of their fans. Lennon is clearly pushing for null and void as he has blown 10 in a row by being utterly useless.

Last edited:

MrBrightside1989

Seeing rumours of Rafa Benitez to Celtic.
Would be a big statement signing, probably more likely to go to Italy. Gerrard v Benitez would be interesting from a media perspective.
I think Eddie Howe may be more realistic, if he doesn't go to Newcastle.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It would take a serious amount of money for any manager with a decent reputation to move to Celtic. Their hierarchy and their fans are enough to put anyone off.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Our manager was being honest today...
That is his latest crime....

Apart from the players ' not getting Covid' mistake he made...
Everything else he said was without fault factually... And he gave his honest opinion that the trip was not wrong...

It depends on what prism is used to look at his press conference....

Through mine...
He gave it to our press and their pundit pals between the eyes...
About time someone spoke the truth about these paracites ...
It always seems to be Lenny who's left to do it though , and not those who run the club....
I salute him as ever, him for his courage and honesty...
( which I feel should be respected whether we agree or disagree with Dubai going ahead)...

He defends, and has for 20 years , the club he loves against the relentless onslaught of media assassination attempts....
These contemptuous individuals are the Enemy....
Not Neil Lennon...

They Hate Celtic...
Plain and Simple...
That must never be disregarded or minimised....
We must Never try to appease these excuses for newspapers and journalists...

All we can do at our club , or at least should do , is what Neil Lennon did today ( and again our opinions on Dubai are not what's important here)..
And that is...
Speak the Truth...
Call them out...
Let them know, in public , that their agendas are there for every Celtic fan to see...
And that we will Not be cowed into Silence...

Lenny will be vilified, as always, in the press, radio and TV tomorrow..... not because he was 'angry' or ' made an ar*e' of himself today....
But because he got too close to The Truth...
As he has so often in the past...

It is his Honesty that frightens them...
And That is why he was slaughtered, Otherwise...
He would simply be ignored..

His manner may not be to every Celtic supporters liking at times..
I accept that....
But......
20 years of relentless abuse, bigotry and racism thrust against you continually, must take its toll on you... take the PR gloss off you....

His strength and bravery in standing up for himself, his family, his club and his culture and upbringing are beyond reproach as far as I'm concerned...
And that's why this man will forever be...
A True Celtic Legend...
in my eyes at least...

God bless you, Neil Francis Lennon

It wasn't silky... It wasn't meant to be...
It was from the heart , and Honest.
Fantastic long poem, sir, heart warming stuff.

Congratulations, Lenny & the club will be proud of you. You've managed to buy into this victims mantra that you always fall back on when things go against you.

Its funny how we've not heard much about any agendas or conspiracy theories against you the last 9 years when you's were winning everything, yet the first time you seem like losing out all this gets brought to the surface again, especially when few different club officials have came out & inferred Lawwell basically runs Scottish football.

You think the media & Co don't have kicks at Rangers when it's deserved? You think that the bigotry & vileness that comes with the Old Firm is a 1 way street? You think you are holier than thou & everyone else is to blame?

As I mentioned, your letting them playing this victims card cover the fact that they've fecked up. You guys alone have fecked up the 10. You guys alone have let what you describe as a new club come in & outsmart you, out perform you, & overtake you on the park.

It hurts. I know it hurts. But direct your anger at those running the club that allow it to happen. Not the media, the referees, the Masons, the football authorities, the police, the government, the Queen, Trump, Brexit, Covid, or any other conspiracy theories you can come up with. Take your medicine & move on.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Fantastic long poem, sir, heart warming stuff.

Congratulations, Lenny & the club will be proud of you. You've managed to buy into this victims mantra that you always fall back on when things go against you.

Its funny how we've not heard much about any agendas or conspiracy theories against you the last 9 years when you's were winning everything, yet the first time you seem like losing out all this gets brought to the surface again, especially when few different club officials have came out & inferred Lawwell basically runs Scottish football.

You think the media & Co don't have kicks at Rangers when it's deserved? You think that the bigotry & vileness that comes with the Old Firm is a 1 way street? You think you are holier than thou & everyone else is to blame?

As I mentioned, your letting them playing this victims card cover the fact that they've fecked up. You guys alone have fecked up the 10. You guys alone have let what you describe as a new club come in & outsmart you, out perform you, & overtake you on the park.

It hurts. I know it hurts. But direct your anger at those running the club that allow it to happen. Not the media, the referees, the Masons, the football authorities, the police, the government, the Queen, Trump, Brexit, Covid, or any other conspiracy theories you can come up with. Take your medicine & move on.
This is why I have Celtic fans on par with Liverpool fans.

Celtic scraped a draw against Livingston midweek by sheer refereeing favouritism. Celtic’s second goal was clearly offside then in the dying minutes, Livingston were denied the most obvious penalty possible for an elbow in the box.

After the game, Celtic fans were in sheer paranoia mode blaming the officials for correctly sending off Scott Brown. Yet again, looking for any conspiracy or excuse to hide from the fact that Celtic are a long way behind their rivals both domestically and within Europe.

As a club, they are despicable and their fans are every bit as bad.

Lay

Yeah Celtic fans are awful. Won 9 in a row due to no competition and think they’re some holy than thou football club. They’re barely a Europa league team

MC89

Supports
Celtic
So you have a club that ran a tax avoidance scheme for 8+ years, to pay for players they couldn’t normally afford, to bring them football success. The Governing body and their office bearers knew all about it because one was a recipient. They never paid their taxes or 270+ suppliers and they were subsequently liquidated owing over £100m. The assets of the club were sold off for £5.5m despite them being valued at considerably more, cheating the creditors out of any chances of being paid. A new club was formed which took on the persona and identity of the old one. With the governing body, media and its fans all promoting the same club and continuation of history theory. The liquidators and the people involved in the formation of the new club are then pursued by the police and procurator fiscal for fraud. This club has a secret agreement with the governing body that agrees not to remove any titles or trophies of the old club and excludes the new club from any liability. The footballing association referees continually show bias to the new club, with one shown celebrating with their fans in a pub known to be a fans favourite, immediately after a very dubious performance against their biggest rivals. Yet they are still appointed to officiate at their games. The new club do complain about one referee that does not seem to favour them and awards decisions against them, that referee does not officiate at one of their games for another 7 months. The new club accuse the governing body of cheating and claim to have evidence of this, including a dossier of evidence. They produce nothing and no action is taken against the new club. The police authorities have now been found to have raised “malicious” charges against the liquidators and people involved in the formation of the club, which will likely cause the tax payer a further £50m+. Sounds very far fetched doesn’t it, but it's all true.

RedDevilRoshi

So you have a club that ran a tax avoidance scheme for 8+ years, to pay for players they couldn’t normally afford, to bring them football success. The Governing body and their office bearers knew all about it because one was a recipient. They never paid their taxes or 270+ suppliers and they were subsequently liquidated owing over £100m. The assets of the club were sold off for £5.5m despite them being valued at considerably more, cheating the creditors out of any chances of being paid. A new club was formed which took on the persona and identity of the old one. With the governing body, media and its fans all promoting the same club and continuation of history theory. The liquidators and the people involved in the formation of the new club are then pursued by the police and procurator fiscal for fraud. This club has a secret agreement with the governing body that agrees not to remove any titles or trophies of the old club and excludes the new club from any liability. The footballing association referees continually show bias to the new club, with one shown celebrating with their fans in a pub known to be a fans favourite, immediately after a very dubious performance against their biggest rivals. Yet they are still appointed to officiate at their games. The new club do complain about one referee that does not seem to favour them and awards decisions against them, that referee does not officiate at one of their games for another 7 months. The new club accuse the governing body of cheating and claim to have evidence of this, including a dossier of evidence. They produce nothing and no action is taken against the new club. The police authorities have now been found to have raised “malicious” charges against the liquidators and people involved in the formation of the club, which will likely cause the tax payer a further £50m+. Sounds very far fetched doesn’t it, but it's all true.
Both clubs just as horrible as each other.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Lets get some things clear. The club used a loophole in the tax system as a way of helping players avoid paying full tax, & therefore get more of a wage. It's a loophole that they thought was ok to use, that they were advised was ok to use, & which countless other businesses used up & down the country. Perhaps morally wrong, but they were advised it wasn't against the law. Just like several Celtic players & officials (as well as many other famous footballers) did for the tax avoidance film scheme.

The difference was HMRC wanted to try & close the loophole about a decade later, so used Rangers as a test case to do so. Figures were branded about at the time of £150M+ being owed. Its still being contested to this day & is currently under £50M & still dropping.

It isn't just the SFA & the fans that recognise Rangers as the same club. Uefa do as well, similar to the way the likes of Napoli, Leeds & Parma is seen as the same club. It's not just a unique situation to Rangers you know, as much as you lot would like to peddle.

As for the referee situation, are you claiming all refs support Rangers now? That's funny, as I work with an assistant ref that is open as a Celtic supporter. Also, as I said previously, Lawwell is pretty much seen as having too much influence within the SPFL board, as has been said my several officials. Given that, do you not think he would have this checked? Anyway, I'm sure you guys posting the refs address online so he could get abuse certainly helped matters.

Just stick to posting & worrying about Rangers though. Your fans & your clubs obsession with us helped take your eyes of the ball and allowed us to overtake you. Keep it up, it's obviously working for you's!

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
From an outsider point of view, a club covering up child abuse is far worse than a club covering up a loophole in the tax system. I can’t stand clubs like Celtic who think they are above the law and take absolutely no punishment or responsibility for their actions.

It’s the same with the Dubai trip. It’s all about the victim as opposed to owning the responsibility.

Neither Old Firm club are particularly attractive from a neutral point of view but if you’re going to pick anyone, Rangers have far less disgusting baggage.

edgecutter

From an outsider point of view, a club covering up child abuse is far worse than a club covering up a loophole in the tax system. I can’t stand clubs like Celtic who think they are above the law and take absolutely no punishment or responsibility for their actions.

It’s the same with the Dubai trip. It’s all about the victim as opposed to owning the responsibility.

Neither Old Firm club are particularly attractive from a neutral point of view but if you’re going to pick anyone, Rangers have far less disgusting baggage.
The same Rangers whose fans trashed Manchester? The same Rangers that didn't pay their taxes and were relegated down to the bottom tiers of Scottish football? Both clubs have problems, but don't pretend Rangers are some holier than thou club.

Baxter

The same Rangers whose fans trashed Manchester? The same Rangers that didn't pay their taxes and were relegated down to the bottom tiers of Scottish football? Both clubs have problems, but don't pretend Rangers are some holier than thou club.
Not even relegated. They were kicked out and had to rejoin.