Scottish Football 21-22

edgecutter

I know you’re notoriously idiotic however this is a fantastic read.

Morelos was fouled, then booked for diving, then it was rescinded because by the letter of the law, he was treated harshly. If you don’t believe me, Google it, para-man. The paranoia from Celtic is only rivalled by Liverpool.

Celtic fans are not obsessed?

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/the-sevco-thread-still-not-a-thread-about-celtic-t52212.html

119,000 comments about Rangers.
59,000 about Lennon.

The most talked about topic on a Celtic forum, is Rangers. I didn’t even have to use this as evidence in my initial post because I knew it would be the point however for your benefit, here you are.

A club so rotten to the core they focus their entire deflection tactics on their rivals, referees, the authorities, Scottish Government etc etc etc

Appalling club I’m who are miles behind in an appalling league who were utterly embarrassed in Europe. Hilarious.
You're obsessed with Celtic.

I despise both these clubs (Rangers and Celtic) and I would rather they didn't exist with their 19th century backwardness.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I know you’re notoriously idiotic however this is a fantastic read.

Morelos was fouled, then booked for diving, then it was rescinded because by the letter of the law, he was treated harshly. If you don’t believe me, Google it, para-man. The paranoia from Celtic is only rivalled by Liverpool.

Celtic fans are not obsessed?

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/the-sevco-thread-still-not-a-thread-about-celtic-t52212.html

119,000 comments about Rangers.
59,000 about Lennon.

The most talked about topic on a Celtic forum, is Rangers. I didn’t even have to use this as evidence in my initial post because I knew it would be the point however for your benefit, here you are.

A club so rotten to the core they focus their entire deflection tactics on their rivals, referees, the authorities, Scottish Government etc etc etc

Appalling club I’m who are miles behind in an appalling league who were utterly embarrassed in Europe. Hilarious.

These incidents all happened in the same game. Amazingly he finished the match without as much as a yellow card. He then avoided retrospective punishment.

Even more amazingly, the player whose nuts he's poking in that picture, Ryan Christie, decided to do get revenge and do the exact same thing to Morelos months later. He was retrospectively punished.

Don't talk shit about Morelos ever being harshly treated in this country. He'd be sent off every week anywhere else.

I didn't say Celtic fans "are not obsessed". I said that both fans are as bad as each other in that respect.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Even your manager conceded they broke rules.

I’ve not defended Rangers fans partying to celebrate the biggest occasion of the season. But trying to take a moral high ground when the fans of several clubs - including your own - have had various smaller scale public gatherings to protest or celebrate other significantly smaller scale events comes across a little rich. Never mind the outbreak of partying in pubs and streets all over the country when Scotland qualified for the Euros, which didn’t receive even a ripple of condemnation. Point being all supports have a small proportion breaking rules because of both their passion for their team and the fact they are likely not adhering to the covid rules on a day-to-day basis.
"There's been slip-ups with minor things which, if you get a snapshot of something, you can criticise and jump on it.
Seems clear to me he's talking about the picture of the two clowns Brown and Lennon sitting having a pint.

"The government and SFA have said there's not really a case to answer. We've submitted what we've done every day, and the protocols we put in place to minimise any risk, and they seem quite content."

"We stayed in our bubble,"
Doesn't sound like he's saying we broke rules at all. Not that I'm suggesting the bastion of impartiality the BBC would ever twist things or put words in someone's mouth to make a sensationalist headline.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why can I never see any Rangers thread on Celtic talk? It’s almost as if they stubbornly don’t talk about them

sangria

Why can I never see any Rangers thread on Celtic talk? It’s almost as if they stubbornly don’t talk about them
There's a private forum called "Scottish football". It might be in there, but I can't see as it's private.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Excellent result for Celtic today holding the unbeaten champions to a draw.

The game itself was such poor quality.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
This century Scott Brown 23 has won more trophies than

PSG - 22
Juventus - 17
Barcelona - 16
Man Utd- 13
Ajax - 12
Man City - 11
Real Madrid - 9
Arsenal - 8
Liverpool - 6
Let’s hope he says cheerio with number 24.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

PSG - 22
Juventus - 17
Barcelona - 16
Man Utd- 13
Ajax - 12
Man City - 11
Real Madrid - 9
Arsenal - 8
Liverpool - 6
Definition of a flat track bully. Couldn't really do it until Rangers liquidation, couldn't really do it in Europe consistently, couldn't get Scotland to a tournament, couldn't hack it once Rangers got their act together again. ;)

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea

PSG - 22
Juventus - 17
Barcelona - 16
Man Utd- 13
Ajax - 12
Man City - 11
Real Madrid - 9
Arsenal - 8
Liverpool - 6
Shame he’s leaving as a loser watching the champions across the city dominate Scottish football.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
https://www.celtsforchange2021.com/latest

Just read this bolloks celts for change statements, few things.....

This John McGinn myth - Celtic matched Aston Villa money wise, was about game time Brendan told him he wouldn’t be 100% starter that’s why he choose Aston Villa cause he have more chances of playing, that’s not Celtic’s or the boards fault

Peter Lawwell’s wages/bonus - Peter started at bottom ( still a very good wage will add not certain, probably on 150 - 200 grand) because Peter’s a very very good chief exec as Celtic made more money Peter made more, if Celtic weren’t doing well Peter’s wages wouldn’t be were there are, like all business’ so if the fans don’t want Peter to get his big wage/bonus they’re basically saying they don’t want Celtic to do well, that’s all down to Peter Lawwell, they all say they want a Celtic man on board, they won’t get a more Celtic man or a better chief exec than Peter Lawwell, a guy who could’ve earned more money for less grief elsewhere.

Dermot Desmond - the guys a billionaire businessman think he got where he is listening to moonhowlers in the Celtic support how to be a successful?, a don’t think so either, Dermot is going nowhere.

They should’ve wrote to Mr McKay asking how he’s going to make away and games at hampden open to all , by this I mean so it doesn’t matter if your a certain age/ height or got a health conditions meaning can’t stand for 90 mins, can still apply for a ticket, or what he’s going to do about all that bile they all spout, embarrassing the decent fans and our great club’s name all over Scotland and in Europe.

There’s a letter for Celts for change.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
In the last 20 years Celtic have won...

15 league titles
10 Scottish Cups
8 league cups
5 trebles (1 invincible)
5 doubles
3x champions league last 16
Uefa cup final
British clean sheet record
Won 35 consecutive cup games
Beaten, Barcelona x2, juventus, AC Milan, Ajax, Man Utd, Liverpool, Lazio

yet there’s still folk no happy

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Scottish Football...ran by charlatans who couldnt organise a stag party in a brothel.

Well done to Rangers one of the best teams ive watched in the Europa this season...looks like SG is going to turn out to be a decent manager.

Celtic have been poor this season even though they have a good squad. Snakey Rodgers left them in the lurch. Hopefully they get a decent manager would be good to see some quality OF matches like the MON DA days.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Got a vip night with Broony at 7
That was quite good killed a hour, basically just a QnA with that Paul Culdihy,
Says Aiden and Nakamura was best he played with at start then latterly Virgil, best against was iniesta and Pirlo

Spoke about first time he me Brendan n just usual stuff

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I generally like Scott Brown off the field. Met him once and he was a pleasant and welcoming guy. He joked about having to support one of the Old Firm whilst living in Scotland and I remarked about him supporting Rangers when he was younger and he said ‘we all make stupid mistakes at that age’ and laughed it off. A genuinely nice guy.

On the pitch, a different story. The Robbie Savage of Scotland.

Watched the Scotland game last night and it’s frightening how good Tierney has become. Leaving Celtic is the best decision he’s ever made. He makes Robertson look very average although Robertson hasn’t had a great year at Liverpool either.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Almost wonder if it would be better moving Tierney into the left wing-back role in Clarke's favoured 3-5-1-1 formation, and then having Robertson either as the LCB or inside in midfield. Struggling to think of anyone who would be more effective as a left wing-back, outside of maybe Davies at Bayern. Either that, or ensuring Tierney has the freedom within the system to bomb forward from the LCB role, which would take quite a lot of tactical drilling, but worked really well last night.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Almost wonder if it would be better moving Tierney into the left wing-back role in Clarke's favoured 3-5-1-1 formation, and then having Robertson either as the LCB or inside in midfield. Struggling to think of anyone who would be more effective as a left wing-back, outside of maybe Davies at Bayern. Either that, or ensuring Tierney has the freedom within the system to bomb forward from the LCB role, which would take quite a lot of tactical drilling, but worked really well last night.
I know what you mean. He's such a good defender you want him back there but in equal measure he's so dangerous getting forward and on the overlap that you want him doing that as much as possible too. At least it's a good dilemma to have.

MrBrightside1989

Tierney is a fantastic player. Has all the attributes of a top tier full back. He is good defensively and excellent on the overlap. I just wish he was right footed as having him on one side and Robertson on the other would be fantastic.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, he played a similar role for Arsenal at the end of last season & beginning of this. Xhaka would drop deep into the back 3 to distribute the ball, the left wing back (sometimes Maitland-Niles) would come inside into midfield allowing Tierney to bomb forward on the overlap. Worked quite well at times in an attacking sense.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
The holders team

Bain
Kenny Welshy Ajer Laxalt.
Brown Turnbull McGregor
Christie.
Edouard Moi

mon the famous Glasgow Celtic

MC89

Supports
Celtic
What do funny about that?

right Dom Bhoy first act as chief executive get the renewal forms sent out,I want my £1800 in Celtic’s bank account tomorrow afternoon and I don’t care if we get to see game or not long as Celtic have my money, I just love the Glasgow Celtic.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
What do funny about that?

right Dom Bhoy first act as chief executive get the renewal forms sent out,I want my £1800 in Celtic’s bank account tomorrow afternoon and I don’t care if we get to see game or not long as Celtic have my money, I just love the Glasgow Celtic.
You think season sales will drop bigtime this summer?

Know been many refunds for season tickets last year or so.

Manager appointment could he huge, still convinced it will be Clarke.

RedDevilRoshi

You think season sales will drop bigtime this summer?

Know been many refunds for season tickets last year or so.

Manager appointment could he huge, still convinced it will be Clarke.
I reckon it’ll still be Eddie Howe

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Don’t quote me on this but this is what I’ve heard about why it’s taking the club so long to appoint Eddie Howe., he wants to bring in his own director of football meaning if he gets sacked or gets new club, he’ll take his director of football with him ( like Brendan did), but Celtic want Fergal Harkin from Manchester City to be director of football,

also, my brothers pal over in Dubai who runs the Celtic club with my brother, was speaking to Martin O’Neil today, he was saying he’s very hopeful for next year, so dunno if he knows something, didn’t elaborate. Wait n see

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t quote me on this but this is what I’ve heard about why it’s taking the club so long to appoint Eddie Howe., he wants to bring in his own director of football meaning if he gets sacked or gets new club, he’ll take his director of football with him ( like Brendan did), but Celtic want Fergal Harkin from Manchester City to be director of football,

also, my brothers pal over in Dubai who runs the Celtic club with my brother, was speaking to Martin O’Neil today, he was saying he’s very hopeful for next year, so dunno if he knows something, didn’t elaborate. Wait n see
No wonder Martin is hopeful, all you need is a new director of football, new manager, & a full new team. Seems like a shoe in.

mancsarered

Gerrard's double is finished. Rangers out of the Cup to St. Johnstone.

St. Johnstone's GK assisted the last second equalizer and saves 2 penalties.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Hugh MacDonald: George Square was a howl of rage but it may also be a cry for help
IT was instructive to be an unwitting attender at the Rangers celebrations last week. Heading for the Clyde tunnel on the way home after a holiday on Arran, my car gently eased its way among supporters at Ibrox more than two hours after the match and presentation of the Scottish Premiership trophy.

My passenger, who knows as much about football as I do about astrophysics, asked for an explanation of the scenes. Her reply was pointed. “If they are celebrating, why does everyone seem so angry?”

Why, indeed.

I have watched Scottish football in eight different decades. The biggest most dramatic switch in this time has been the role and perception of Rangers in the national game.

Once it was an institution viewed, with resentment or awe, as the establishment club. Once, with varying degrees of accuracy, it was viewed as the second club for those fans of Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hearts or whoever. A friend once opined to me many decades ago: “There are two supports in Scotland: the Celtic support and the anti-Celtic support.”

No more. Rangers have become isolated. The club and the fans have become the targets of contempt, vilification and wounding humour. This all coalesced around the liquidation of the Rangers Football Club plc which was started in 2012.

The anger of the Rangers fans, though, has deeper causes than the economic meltdown of their club and the perceived injustices that ensued.

There is disillusion even disenfranchisement at the heart of a substantial section of the Ibrox support. It is ironically expressed in the slogan that is plastered on club property and routinely expressed by the support. It proclaims: We Are The People. Except, of course, they are not. They are some of The People but increasingly at odds with a changing Scotland.

There were once certainties in Scotland. I lived through them as a child of the sixties. It was a country of largely full-employment. What was dubbed the white, Protestant working-class were ensured a job, perhaps even a trade. There was a simple monoculture, Scottish nationalism was largely a fringe belief that flared up occasionally at by-elections.

The routine question of what school you attended, asked in interviews and placed on forms, served as protection to the Protestant, or more accurately non-Catholic, status quo,

No more. Scotland is a multi-cultural society, however fragile and incomplete that state may be. Scotland is a country where the Union is under threat. Scotland is no longer a country of full employment. Scotland is a country where the working-class can now be crudely lumped as the non-working class.

This has all impacted heavily on a constituency who believed they were The People. Historic certainties have disappeared. They have been replaced by a reality that is unpalatable. Once seemingly in tune with prevailing orthodoxy, they are now loudlu discordant as the world moves on and they are marooned in a present and future that offers only a threat to beliefs they hold but cannot fully articulate.

Human beings crave certainty. The first reaction to change is often to stimulate our fight or flight response. There can be an added layer of resentment that those who were once viewed as intrinsically and irredeemably inferior are now patently in positions of power and influence. There can be a feeling that one is cast aside, forgotten, no longer part of the imperatives or drift of society at large.

All this was reflected in the chants and songs over last week. But it was most obviously demonstrated in behaviour. The violence was explained by some as a “football thing”. It was labelled by others as a “drink thing”. But other football fans do not “celebrate” this way. When Rangers fans discovered there was no one to fight with, they fought with Rangers fans.

Celtic won 12 consecutive, domestic trophies – the last just before Christmas – without the need to call in police in riot gear. St Johnstone won the league cup this season and the idea of fan disorder in Perth is absurd to the point of producing a guffaw.

This is a Rangers problem. This is a problem that permeates the Rangers support. It flared up gaudily and violently last week. It occurred in March after the league was won. It happened in Manchester at the UEFA Cup final in 2008. It happens with a weary regularity.

There is deep, unaddressed anger in all of this. The events at George Square can be described as a howl of rage.

But it may also be a cry for help.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Dundee beating Kilmarnock 2-0 in playoff, brilliant news, 2 plastic pitches gone plus Tommy Wright n Kyle Lafferty.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Hugh MacDonald: George Square was a howl of rage but it may also be a cry for help
IT was instructive to be an unwitting attender at the Rangers celebrations last week. Heading for the Clyde tunnel on the way home after a holiday on Arran, my car gently eased its way among supporters at Ibrox more than two hours after the match and presentation of the Scottish Premiership trophy.

My passenger, who knows as much about football as I do about astrophysics, asked for an explanation of the scenes. Her reply was pointed. “If they are celebrating, why does everyone seem so angry?”

Why, indeed.

I have watched Scottish football in eight different decades. The biggest most dramatic switch in this time has been the role and perception of Rangers in the national game.

Once it was an institution viewed, with resentment or awe, as the establishment club. Once, with varying degrees of accuracy, it was viewed as the second club for those fans of Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hearts or whoever. A friend once opined to me many decades ago: “There are two supports in Scotland: the Celtic support and the anti-Celtic support.”

No more. Rangers have become isolated. The club and the fans have become the targets of contempt, vilification and wounding humour. This all coalesced around the liquidation of the Rangers Football Club plc which was started in 2012.

The anger of the Rangers fans, though, has deeper causes than the economic meltdown of their club and the perceived injustices that ensued.

There is disillusion even disenfranchisement at the heart of a substantial section of the Ibrox support. It is ironically expressed in the slogan that is plastered on club property and routinely expressed by the support. It proclaims: We Are The People. Except, of course, they are not. They are some of The People but increasingly at odds with a changing Scotland.

There were once certainties in Scotland. I lived through them as a child of the sixties. It was a country of largely full-employment. What was dubbed the white, Protestant working-class were ensured a job, perhaps even a trade. There was a simple monoculture, Scottish nationalism was largely a fringe belief that flared up occasionally at by-elections.

The routine question of what school you attended, asked in interviews and placed on forms, served as protection to the Protestant, or more accurately non-Catholic, status quo,

No more. Scotland is a multi-cultural society, however fragile and incomplete that state may be. Scotland is a country where the Union is under threat. Scotland is no longer a country of full employment. Scotland is a country where the working-class can now be crudely lumped as the non-working class.

This has all impacted heavily on a constituency who believed they were The People. Historic certainties have disappeared. They have been replaced by a reality that is unpalatable. Once seemingly in tune with prevailing orthodoxy, they are now loudlu discordant as the world moves on and they are marooned in a present and future that offers only a threat to beliefs they hold but cannot fully articulate.

Human beings crave certainty. The first reaction to change is often to stimulate our fight or flight response. There can be an added layer of resentment that those who were once viewed as intrinsically and irredeemably inferior are now patently in positions of power and influence. There can be a feeling that one is cast aside, forgotten, no longer part of the imperatives or drift of society at large.

All this was reflected in the chants and songs over last week. But it was most obviously demonstrated in behaviour. The violence was explained by some as a “football thing”. It was labelled by others as a “drink thing”. But other football fans do not “celebrate” this way. When Rangers fans discovered there was no one to fight with, they fought with Rangers fans.

Celtic won 12 consecutive, domestic trophies – the last just before Christmas – without the need to call in police in riot gear. St Johnstone won the league cup this season and the idea of fan disorder in Perth is absurd to the point of producing a guffaw.

This is a Rangers problem. This is a problem that permeates the Rangers support. It flared up gaudily and violently last week. It occurred in March after the league was won. It happened in Manchester at the UEFA Cup final in 2008. It happens with a weary regularity.

There is deep, unaddressed anger in all of this. The events at George Square can be described as a howl of rage.

Ive watched Scottish football since the 60s. The cancer on Scottish football is and always has been Celtic and Rangers. Its funny seeing some Celtic fan acting so high and mighty regarding Rangers. You are just as bad as each other. Lovely to see the cups go elsewhere this year. If Celtic and Rangers were to ever feck off to England it would be a welcome relief.
Your eternally mind numbingly boring celtic/rangers bollocks is the same crap I have been listening to since I was a kid. Its tedious as feck.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ive watched Scottish football since the 60s. The cancer on Scottish football is and always has been Celtic and Rangers. Its funny seeing some Celtic fan acting so high and mighty regarding Rangers. You are just as bad as each other. Lovely to see the cups go elsewhere this year. If Celtic and Rangers were to ever feck off to England it would be a welcome relief.
Your eternally mind numbingly boring celtic/rangers bollocks is the same crap I have been listening to since I was a kid. Its tedious as feck.
Such ignorant nonsense.

Which club had a policy of discriminating against players because of their religion?
Which clubs fans rioted at a European Final meaning their players had to receive the trophy in the changing rooms?
Which clubs fans rioted at another European Final in Manchester?
Which club have had stands closed by UEFA for racism in recent seasons?
Which clubs fans rioted in Glasgow after they won the league?
Which clubs fans rioted again in Glasgow when they were presented with the trophy?
Which clubs fans drew condemnation from the government for disgusting sectarian singing? (again)

Are there loads of Celtic fans who are absolute idiots on a par with loads of Rangers fans? Of course. Goes without saying. But the narrative that they're "both as bad as each other" is quite frankly bullshit and hurtful to the chances of any progress ever being made on this front.

Oh, and tell me, since you're such a keen watcher of Scottish football, in the past 10 years of Celtic dominance, when did Celtic fans ever celebrate their titles by bringing the city to halt and rioting with police?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

Why, indeed.

SNP deputy first minister John Swinney exhibited the necessary understanding in talking of an element of the supposedly title ‘partying’ Rangers supporters who reclaimed those streets having indulged in “vile anti-Catholic bigotry” and breaching covid rules in “loutish and thuggish fashion”. The first minister Nicola Sturgeon herself also recognised as much, tweeting about being “appalled” and “disgusted”. “I’m also angry on behalf of every law abiding citizen,” she wrote. “In normal times, the violence & vandalism, and the vile anti Catholic prejudice that was on display, would have been utterly unacceptable. But mid-pandemic, in a city with cases on the rise, it was also selfish beyond belief.” SFA president Rod Petrie, too, did not shirk in a statement in which he referenced the “sectarian singing”, the “vandalism” and the “inflicting [of] physical damage” in what was an “abomination not a celebration”.

Yet what has been missing from such condemnatory commentary – with Police Scotland equally unequivocal in calling out the carnage – is self reflection. That is required because all parts of civil society, our highest authorities and, in no small part, we in the media have all been enablers in allowing a corrosive sense of entitlement to be brewed with a cocktail of anti-Catholic/anti-Irish bigotry. The concoction percolates into a mindset that now twice inside three months – just ponder that, twice! – has resulted in Glasgow city centre disturbances that have been despicable in scale and nature.

We hear the word “minority” bandied about. The word was, predictably and depressingly, front and centre in an apology of a statement from Rangers that, astonishingly watery and mealy-mouthed, made reference only to “inappropriate behaviour”. In itself, entirely inappropriate. The Ibrox club’s deliberate obfuscation on these fronts is fingers-in-the-ears and hands-over-the-eyes stuff. Of course, the miscreants were a minority. A sizeable minority, though...in a huge fanbase. It is no minority of the 50,000 crowd that were singing the Super Rangers song, with its line about “Fenian bastards”, or The Billy Boys chant, which talks about being “up to our knees in Fenian blood”, when Ibrox was full to the gunwales pre-pandemic.

These anti-Catholic/anti-Irish sentiments have been responsible for the club having sections of Ibrox closed by UEFA for European games twice - twice! - inside the past two years. They have never faced any such sanctions domestically, ever, for the fact that, what the European body called “racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing”, is heard often in their Scottish football matches. When that happens, it is very rarely recorded in any media outlets, and practically never called out by government and police. It can be little surprise then that people feel emboldened to behave as they did in and around George Square on Saturday evening.

The desperate, misplaced, desire to equivocate and suggest the wrongs in the conduct of a section of the Rangers support are shared city wide, hasn’t helped. The Ibrox club are on their own in this city and any other across the global game when it comes to the expression of anti-Catholic sentiment, and that should have been long since acknowledged. It was in an interview run by this newspaper group, conducted by Graham Spiers for the Scotland On Sunday in 1995 with Walter Smith, that the then Rangers manager struck to the heart of what continues to be at play. “There is a Protestant superiority syndrome around here, you can feel it sometimes…”

It would be negligent not to acknowledge that other elements can be factored in over what unfolded in Glasgow city centre on Saturday night. The covid-lockdown has created tensions that can end up being released in intemperate fashion in such mass gatherings when heavy intoxication is entered into the mix. Especially in this corner of the world, which has a horribly unhealthy relationship with alcohol. But these weren’t the main drivers. Not the principal reasons why – what should have been – joyous outpourings over a first title in a decade, and on the back of Rangers’ 2012 liquidation and rise through the leagues, ended with supporters setting upon their own, as well as police.

There is a faction of Rangers’ fanbase – Protestant and unionist in hue – that is motivated by hate, pure and simple. Hatred of a closest rival, Celtic, because that club has roots and a culture firmly Irish Catholic, and republican. Ahead of Rangers’ admirable on-field renaissance, that rival had been lording it for so long in the game. Moreover, these fans have the ultimate slag for their Rangers counterparts with the new club/old club teasing, a consequence of malfeasance by previous owners of the Ibrox institution that has created desperate insecurities over sense of history. All of these elements underpinned what has exploded into the public domain in recent times. As so often happens in such situations, these insecurities allowed for the fomenting of a bogus sense of victimhood, Rangers falsely presenting themselves as the oppressed. In these situations, so often the believed oppressed actually become the oppressors.

Ultimately, the pre-planned, publicly promoted, march to George Square – pushed by Ultras group the Union Bears – is one thread in that. Football supporters typically congregate at their own stadium to savour successes with their own tribe. They rarely demand to take over a city centre. The Union Bears wanted this to happen to affirm, in their twisted minds, that the city belongs to them, to put the Fenians in their place. It is akin to an animal urinating to mark their territory...which many literally did. It is all entwined in Smith’s astute observation about the nature of Rangers supporters’ “superiority complex”. The bigotry and racism at its core cannot be allowed to go unchallenged any more. No more dereliction of duty, no more false equivalences. From any of us.
I thought this was a great read too.

The bold part is particularly important. Too many in Scotland are afraid to call them out so it emboldens them and normalises it to the extent that we see the scenes we have done in Glasgow in recent months.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wolverhampton ‘61
Hampden ‘65
Newcastle ‘69
Barcelona ‘72
Old Trafford ‘74
Villa Park ‘76
Hampden ‘80
Osasuna ‘07
Manchester ‘08
Hampden ‘16
George Square ( twice ) ‘21

All off the above are scenes of riots involving football, only one clubs fans where involved in every single one, you don’t have to be Columbo to work out which clubs fans I’m talking about.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
In the past 10 years Celtic have won 19 domestic trophy’s but only 1 manager of the year award in same time ‘rangers’ have won 1 domestic trophy but 2 manager of the year awards

In the 10 years of Celtic supremacy, here is the list of manager of the year.....

John McGlynne
Derek Adams
Alan Johnstone
Derek McInnes
John Hughes
Mark Warburton
Brendan Rodgers
Jack Ross
Steve Clarke
Steven Gerrard

Even in 98, We won the double, Jansen didn’t win, jefferies did for winning the Scottish cup.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
In the past 10 years Celtic have won 19 domestic trophy’s but only 1 manager of the year award in same time ‘rangers’ have won 1 domestic trophy but 2 manager of the year awards

In the 10 years of Celtic supremacy, here is the list of manager of the year.....

John McGlynne
Derek Adams
Alan Johnstone
Derek McInnes
John Hughes
Mark Warburton
Brendan Rodgers
Jack Ross
Steve Clarke
Steven Gerrard

Even in 98, We won the double, Jansen didn’t win, jefferies did for winning the Scottish cup.
The most wild part is that Jack Ross was managing St Mirren in the first division when he won it over Brendan Rodgers who'd just won yet another treble :lol:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Wolverhampton ‘61
Hampden ‘65
Newcastle ‘69
Barcelona ‘72
Old Trafford ‘74
Villa Park ‘76
Hampden ‘80
Osasuna ‘07
Manchester ‘08
Hampden ‘16
George Square ( twice ) ‘21

All off the above are scenes of riots involving football, only one clubs fans where involved in every single one, you don’t have to be Columbo to work out which clubs fans I’m talking about.
You completely missed the point but being a fan of an Old Firm club thats not surprising.