Scottish Football 21-22

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Such ignorant nonsense.

Which club had a policy of discriminating against players because of their religion?
Which clubs fans rioted at a European Final meaning their players had to receive the trophy in the changing rooms?
Which clubs fans rioted at another European Final in Manchester?
Which club have had stands closed by UEFA for racism in recent seasons?
Which clubs fans rioted in Glasgow after they won the league?
Which clubs fans rioted again in Glasgow when they were presented with the trophy?
Which clubs fans drew condemnation from the government for disgusting sectarian singing? (again)

Are there loads of Celtic fans who are absolute idiots on a par with loads of Rangers fans? Of course. Goes without saying. But the narrative that they're "both as bad as each other" is quite frankly bullshit and hurtful to the chances of any progress ever being made on this front.

Oh, and tell me, since you're such a keen watcher of Scottish football, in the past 10 years of Celtic dominance, when did Celtic fans ever celebrate their titles by bringing the city to halt and rioting with police?
Another one who completely missed the point.
The Old Firm is a cancer on Scottish football. Both clubs. feck them both.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Wolverhampton ‘61
Hampden ‘65
Newcastle ‘69
Barcelona ‘72
Old Trafford ‘74
Villa Park ‘76
Hampden ‘80
Osasuna ‘07
Manchester ‘08
Hampden ‘16
George Square ( twice ) ‘21

All off the above are scenes of riots involving football, only one clubs fans where involved in every single one, you don’t have to be Columbo to work out which clubs fans I’m talking about.
Let's see, just from the top of my head in the last 20 years or so, visits to Valencia, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Sunderland, Lazio, Manchester, rioting outside Parkhead & chasing team bus, Hugh Dallas shame game, Referee's intimidation resulting in home address's being leaked, hanging Effegies from the stands, several fines by UEFA for illicit banners & chanting, disturbing minutes silence annually for Remembrance Sunday, disturbing minutes silence for Prince Phillip, Treble Treble bus parade having to be re routed, Treble Treble Street Party condemned for mess.....

So yeah, forgive people for thinking your shit doesn't smell any better than the other shit.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Glasgow city council have confirmed clean up and repair costs of George square following ‘rangers’ title celebrations on May 15th currently stands at £58,000 and will rise further,

They've done so much damage to Queen Victoria and Prince Albert statues that they are now unstable and have been fenced off for fear of them toppling. It'll cost a 5 figure sum each to fix them.

so much for protecting statues eh?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Andy Goram.......

Goram recalls, ‘when Dale Gordon joined he started on a low note on his first day of training, we came to the dressing room after our session, and Dale was standing there with a big Crucifix on, I was loving it, and I knew just the man to tell, I shouted “bomber come and see this” the bold brown came through, winked at me and roared “ if you ever wear one of those to training again I will rip it off your neck and stick it up your.... another word for backside” Goram added “I turned to the boys and said, “that’s all we need when things are going well, the gaffer has gone and signed a blank English Catholic” a voice pipes up “ it could’ve been worse, he could’ve been Gay,” that broke the ice with disco Dale, he did wear a green Versace suit to a team night out, but he never wore the Crucifix again.

extract from ‘The Goalie’, The Andy Goram Story.

will be honest and say, the finest goalkeeper ever but as a human being the world’s worst, just a horrible horrible man,

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Eddie Howe has turned down the Celtic job. Probably gets a nosebleed if he goes anywhere north of Swindon, to be fair.

mancsarered

Celtic board making the Glazer family look like Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester, ffs...

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Celtic board making the Glazer family look like Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester, ffs...
I’m willing to give him ago, if he comes in doesn’t work so be it, look at Ronny, nobody heard him, we won league twice and should’ve been 2 trebles ( cheating bas linesman, Johannsen fault, that’s for another day) don’t care what anybody says or thinks of me I would trust Celtic with ma life and I will back whoever the board bring in as manager wether is this Australian guy, keep John Kennedy, bring Neil Lennon back, hoopy, or get Zidane Klopp or Pep gardiola, doesn’t really matter to me, my job is to back Celtic

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Its a huge huge gamble and a bit underwhelming likely for the fans back home.
I'm not sure tbh.
What I will say is that he's very technical, has a modern approach and plays4-3-3. Likes to play a possession attack minded game. Did really well in Japan, think won a league, their league is head and shoulders above the SPFL.
Was the obvious choice for Australia and also did a few stints in the A league but you can't really base too much on that.
Hes a great communicator you'll see this when he disects his games to the media.
The deal is 100% done, one of the boys here got told by Ange's side plus Dom McKay still has a brother out here and he's confirmed it to us.
It might just work, however I'm a bit concerned for his adjustment to Glasgow and everything that goes with it.
Funnily years ago when my son Christian was playing for Vic state he showed up and did a training session with them, watching it was obvious he had something about him and everything was about keeping the ball and more importantly getting it back. The boys obviously loved it. If I had known I was watching the future Celtic coach, I'd have got his autograph!
He had quite a tough upbringing, 40 years ago as a youngster in his mid teens being an imigrant child you were referred to as a wog, (yes wog) he was a great cricketer and should have been a pro but was discrminated against because of his background so I think there's a real toughness about him.
When you hear him speak you might get a bit more excited and see what I mean.
He'll get our backing and in a years time I hope I'm telling you 'I told you so.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
I’m willing to give him ago, if he comes in doesn’t work so be it, look at Ronny, nobody heard him, we won league twice and should’ve been 2 trebles ( cheating bas linesman, Johannsen fault, that’s for another day) don’t care what anybody says or thinks of me I would trust Celtic with ma life and I will back whoever the board bring in as manager wether is this Australian guy, keep John Kennedy, bring Neil Lennon back, hoopy, or get Zidane Klopp or Pep gardiola, doesn’t really matter to me, my job is to back Celtic
Two trebles? :lol:

You lost fairly in the SF to your rivals and deservedly 3-1 to Ross County.

Also Delia won two leagues when Rangers were not in the league, poor comparison.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Also Delia won two leagues when Rangers were not in the league, poor comparison.
Conveniently leaves that part out. Main rivals were Aberdeen in the league & knocked out the Semi final of 1 tournament by a Rangers team a division down who were getting beat 5-1 from Celtic under Rodgers the following season. Sounds a great job!

MC89

Supports
Celtic

The Inverness semi, 1-0 up and Johannsen header ( 100% should score ) but defender hand balls it, penalty for us, if score 2-0 and them down to 10, we would’ve beaten Falkirk in final

2015 Scottish semi - Paddy misses open goal, McKay goal was our shy and Leigh hits bar with free kick last min extra time, hits keepers back and goes wide, again we would’ve beaten hibs in the final.

mancsarered

Leader in the clubhouse for the Celtic job is now Ange Postecoglou.

Currently managing in Japan, had most of his success at the international level with Australia, and has only spent a single year as a manager in European football, with Panachaiki of the Greek 4th division.

Parkhead is an absolute shambles at the moment.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Leader in the clubhouse for the Celtic job is now Ange Postecoglou.

Currently managing in Japan, had most of his success at the international level with Australia, and has only spent a single year as a manager in European football, with Panachaiki of the Greek 4th division.

Parkhead is an absolute shambles at the moment.
In Glasgow and in general football goes in cycles, Celtic won 9iar, then Rangers won 9iar years later. Celtic got to a Europa/Eufa final years later Rangers got to a Europa final.
Rangers signed a manager whod managed in other countries but not many had heard of in Pedro Caxina now Celtic are close to signing their own Pedro Caxina.

I wonder if this is the start of Rangers 9iar, last time they were managed by a Liverpool legend that started the journey...this time they are managed by a Liverpool legend.

On a sidenote Celtic should go for Ranieri

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Good letter sent to BBC, ITV, SNP etc
"Dear all

The narrative as appearing on BBC, ITV (and other) media the last 2 days is focused on the booing of a Rangers player, Glen Kamara.

A short while ago, Kyogo Furuhashi of Celtic was racially abused by Rangers fans on buses and also in the street.
At the recent match at Ibrox, Rangers v Celtic, virtually every single rangers fan was booing Kyogo Furuhashi. The rangers fans were singing "up to their knees in fenian blood".
The BBC reported it was "a great atmosphere".

I note that Kamara was the only player, black or otherwise to be 'booed' in Prague, indicating it could have more to do with the previous incident in Glasgow some months ago, when Kamara was banned for attacking the Prague player, following a racial slur by a Slavia Player (rightly banned).

Who has decided that booing is now racist?

If that is the case, why no reporting of the Kyogo Furuhashi incident?

It seems ironic that rangers are the only team in Scotland to have had a stand closed for racist chanting. That is racist, not sectarian. Similarly, there have been numerous incidents this past year that do not portray rangers fans in a favourable light. It's always a minority reported in the media.
Let me say this, there are 50000, yes almost every fan inside Ibrox, that sing a racist song including the lines "up to the knees in fenian blood". A minority? No, simply not the case.

Some journalistic scrutiny of this would not go amiss.

What sort of country do we want Scotland to be?

One where the media panders to influential or loud voices pushing their own narrative, or a country underpinned by decency, integrity, principles, fairness and above all, one that stands up to bullies, racists, cheats, swindlers and shysters.

Not a difficult question for most to answer - so let's start asking the question, and let's start in the media.

I'm aware there are certain views that are sadly entrenched in Scottish society and have been for decades; no mean feat but we must try with more than the occasional token arrest and perfunctory Statement."

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Big win today, that could be the game that wins the league, hopefully go on a run now.

This is the day when we win away.

Last edited:

MC89

Supports
Celtic
‘Red Zones’ going to be scrapped, means that the subs can go back to sitting on bench and folk can go back to their normal seats, also full away allocation can be restored,

saying that I don’t think we’ll be given an allocation for ibrox in April , because I don’t think they’ll get any for January 2nd, think from now on the clubs will come to an agreement on it being home fans only, they would’ve seen how less hassle it is, less police, stewards etc, less segregation and can make more money.

that’s just what I think will happen, it’ll come down to wither they get tickets for Celtic Park or not.

Last edited:

MC89

Supports
Celtic
‘Red Zones’ going to be scrapped, means that the subs can go back to sitting on bench and folk can go back to their normal seats, also full away allocation can be restored,

saying that I don’t think we’ll be given an allocation for ibrox in March, because I don’t think they’ll get any for January 2nd, think from now on the clubs will come to an agreement on it being home fans only, they would’ve seen how less hassle it is, less police, stewards etc, less segregation and can make more money.

that’s just what I think will happen, it’ll come down to wither they get tickets for Celtic Park or not.
Just Celtic fans on January 2nd

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic fans truly are scum of the earth. Bottom feeding rodents of the highest order.

I’ve never seen a minutes silence cut short by the referee due to excessive booing before. Turned the game off as soon as that happened. Scum.

Glaswegian

Celtic fans truly are scum of the earth. Bottom feeding rodents of the highest order.

I’ve never seen a minutes silence cut short by the referee due to excessive booing before. Turned the game off as soon as that happened. Scum.
Dundee booing taking the knee, tumbleweed....

Stick the poppy up yer hole.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Don’t think they’ve ever managed to keep quiet for a single silence. Even with their track record I can’t remember as many twats singing their way through a silence as there were today.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

All this carry on with the fans and the board over the appointment of former Assistant chief constable of police Scotland, Bernard Higgins is really doing my head in, let me give a insight and my honest opinion of the whole situation,

The offensive behaviour act at football ( obfa) was brought in by the Scottish Government in 2012 to as the name states to stop offensive behaviour at football ie ( Sectarian and political singing) and was to be organised by the assistant chief constable Bernard Higgins.

Earlier this year Ian Bankier ( Chairman) and Michael Nicholson ( acting chief executive) stated that the club where looking into the possibility of appointing Mr Higgins as head of security at Celtic,

On hearing this news Celtic fan groups ( Green Brigade, North Curve, The Bhoys, Celtic Trust,Celtic shared and fans against criminalisation) have openly stated they are dead against this appointment of Mr Higgins due to his ‘treatment’ of ‘Celtic fans’, have protested with banners, silence, sit ins and disrupting matches, and have also stated they won’t recognise him,

The fans groups I have just mentioned and other Celtic supporters clubs this it’s just Celtic fans that get treated with ‘utter contempt’ it’s not every fan gets treated in same way if you do something wrong, if you are not jailed at football at first the police have every right to review the video footage and arrest at another location, again they think it’s just football fans ( Celtic) that get treated this way, it’s not happens every day eg domestic abuse cases,

My view is, every away game and even at Celtic Park the songs that are sung are disgusting and absolutely no need to sing and they know what songs they are, if the fans pee the bed they can lie and stink of it.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
No wonder. They've not won in 10 games and now face the Old Firm. Meanwhile, Celtic have run their team into the ground and their best players have succumbed to injury and want the break fast-tracked to allow them to get back to full strength.

Fans, health, etc are all just cover stories for the clubs pushing for an early winter break.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Think the St Mirren game will go ahead and I would prefer just to play as normal wether it’s 60,000 500 or behind closed doors so be it,

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
To be fair I can see why some clubs are pushing for it given the likely loss of income. These derbies will be good earners. However, it's very unlikely that we will return in 3-4 weeks with full crowds which is basically what the clubs are banking on. Seems naive to me and we would be better off getting games in where we can to allow the season to be finished in time.

VanAlden

Our manager was being honest today...
That is his latest crime....

Apart from the players ' not getting Covid' mistake he made...
Everything else he said was without fault factually... And he gave his honest opinion that the trip was not wrong...

It depends on what prism is used to look at his press conference....

Through mine...
He gave it to our press and their pundit pals between the eyes...
About time someone spoke the truth about these paracites ...
It always seems to be Lenny who's left to do it though , and not those who run the club....
I salute him as ever, him for his courage and honesty...
( which I feel should be respected whether we agree or disagree with Dubai going ahead)...

He defends, and has for 20 years , the club he loves against the relentless onslaught of media assassination attempts....
These contemptuous individuals are the Enemy....
Not Neil Lennon...

They Hate Celtic...
Plain and Simple...
That must never be disregarded or minimised....
We must Never try to appease these excuses for newspapers and journalists...

All we can do at our club , or at least should do , is what Neil Lennon did today ( and again our opinions on Dubai are not what's important here)..
And that is...
Speak the Truth...
Call them out...
Let them know, in public , that their agendas are there for every Celtic fan to see...
And that we will Not be cowed into Silence...

Lenny will be vilified, as always, in the press, radio and TV tomorrow..... not because he was 'angry' or ' made an ar*e' of himself today....
But because he got too close to The Truth...
As he has so often in the past...

It is his Honesty that frightens them...
And That is why he was slaughtered, Otherwise...
He would simply be ignored..

His manner may not be to every Celtic supporters liking at times..
I accept that....
But......
20 years of relentless abuse, bigotry and racism thrust against you continually, must take its toll on you... take the PR gloss off you....

His strength and bravery in standing up for himself, his family, his club and his culture and upbringing are beyond reproach as far as I'm concerned...
And that's why this man will forever be...
A True Celtic Legend...
in my eyes at least...

God bless you, Neil Francis Lennon

It wasn't silky... It wasn't meant to be...
It was from the heart , and Honest.
Haha. Yeah, that tends to happen when the chief executive of the SFA has to resign after he is caught deliberately delaying the registration of a Celtic player so that he couldn't feature in a match against Rangers. Fans don't really forget stuff like that.
Haha. Hope 55 hurt ye lads. Don't really need to hope though do I.

God bless Neil Francis Lennon indeed!

VanAlden

St Mirren were penalised earlier in the season for car-sharing. The SPFL wanted them to forfeit two matches as punishment. Gerrard has been car-sharing all season. Rangers players filmed themselves car-sharing at the weekend. Not only were they doing that, they were driving through fans, windows down, selfies and fist bumping galore. Not even a sniff of condemnation. Those same players that flouted the rules will be free to face Slavia Prague in the Europa League tomorrow. Go figure.

The only club without a positive COVID test all season despite numerous breaches of lockdown with players getting caught at illegal parties on multiple occasions. Conveniently it was always youth players though. Scott Arfield, for example, is the only person in the world to not attend their own birthday party. Although I'm not for one minute suggesting a club of such integrity would be up to any funny business.

As for their behaviour at the weekend. Well, that was entirely expected. Smashing up memorial benches though is pretty low even for a fanbase with a reputation like theirs. They were pishing up against the very same statues they wanted to defend less than a year ago :lol:

We can definitely still attract big name managers. We have the financial power to attract them, we have a huge fanbase and we present an excellent opportunity of winning trophies. Celtic have always been a huge draw in that respect. The problem was that horrible people like Lawwell were always looking for cheap yes men like that clown Lennon. Lawwell is now gone and this guy from Scottish Rugby that's replacing him actually looks promising. He's done a brilliant job there so things are looking up on that front. We're finally entering the 21st century and are on the hunt for a DOF too. The only worry is that Dermot Desmond sticks his clueless oar in again and asks for Roy Keane. That would be disastrous.
Hahahahahahaha. The impotent rage. How did that brilliant rugby guy get on btw?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I have no idea what you’re on about but the inferiority complex Celtic fans have beneath their rivals is mental. There’s a crazy obsession for Rangers.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I have no idea what you’re on about but the inferiority complex Celtic fans have beneath their rivals is mental. There’s a crazy obsession for Rangers.
You say as you reply to a Rangers fan trawling old threads and replying to almost 1 year old posts.

Priceless.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Haha. Hope 55 hurt ye lads. Don't really need to hope though do I.

God bless Neil Francis Lennon indeed!
You're coming across as a bit of a bitter fud mate. Wind your neck in.

And with all the digging you've been doing in this thread, I'm surprised you've not found my posts where I slaughter Lennon and predict losing the league the moment he was appointed.

And yes, losing the league, while expected, still hurt. Probably not as much as my club being liquidated would hurt, but then, I wouldn't know.

Edit: Joined in 2013 and still got the "newbie" tag. That should probably tell you everything you need to know about the quality of your posting.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Actually pretty good. He hired a manager that the fans are happy with, who is looking pretty good and has already won a trophy and he signed Kyogo, Hart, Juranovic, Carter-Vickers, Abada, Jota and Starfelt. All of them first team regulars who are performing to a high standard.

Really not sure what point you're trying to make there.

Notice how you didn't deny any of the points I made btw? Just a "hahahahaha" (bet you typed that with an absolute straight face) and some juvenile patter.

Should I be worried about you? I've never had a stalker before. Not sure how I feel about someone trawling through all my old posts for no reason. It's kinda weird.

Pintu

It seems Juventus would cover 30% of the wages, but the rest is still about 170k/week. How unhealthy is it for Rangers to be taking a gamble like that?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It seems Juventus would cover 30% of the wages, but the rest is still about 170k/week. How unhealthy is it for Rangers to be taking a gamble like that?

What you basing your figures on mate?

I've also seen several different stories of how the deal is split. The 1 thing that the club has said is they won't break their wage structure for any player. Top earner is currently on £35k a week.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Understand he's on about 145k a week. If Juve cover 30% that leaves us with around 100k a week over about 22 weeks, hence the £2-2.5m figure getting bandied about.

I think that's too much over the long term but, as an invest to save, it could be accommodated in the short term if it helps to secure Champions League football next season.

Not sure how accurate the figures are though, there will be a lot of guessing getting passed off as fact.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I thought I read somewhere that rangers would pay 25% of his salary and juventus the rest. Rangers don’t want to break their wage structure

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Rangers not learned any lessons..constantly spending money they do not have in persuit of success.