Scottish Football 21-22

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Those Japanese. First they take over Scottish whiskey and now football too?

Andre Kagawa

They bought Hatete from Kawasaki Frontale (Caf's adopted Japanese team) for exactly 1 Euro :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
‘Gers getting destroyed.

Zoo

Rangers keep trying to play from the back and they are absolutely awful at it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is really good news for the country

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The Rangers defence letting the lad walk in and have a tap-in 5 yards out slap bang in the middle of the goal. :lol:

mu4c_20le

Unbelievable. They really should have loaned a defender or two, its worse than our reserves level

Deery

Dreary
Celtic playing some fantastic stuff, could really be 4-5 up at this point.

vulmik

Ange is a super super coach, as an Aussie who's kept a close eye on him wherever he's been, I always knew he was destined for big things. The football (#AngeBall) he gets his teams to play is brilliant and fast paced, no room for slacking off.

Easily good enough for one of the top legues in the world.

Reactions: Cheimoon

poleglass red

came to watch Diallo, stayed for the Hatate show. Holy feck what a 45 min this chap just had. Only his 4th game as well. Great to see an all around midfielder these days, one who can press, cover in defence, pass and score

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hatate looks brilliant. One to watch in the future

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It took Rangers 63 minutes to make me realise Celtic have fecking Joe Hart in nets. :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Ange is fantastic and GVB is a horrendous coach. He seems the type of manager who likes to sit deep and play it around the back. That doesn’t work in this age of football, especially against high pressing teams. You need to also press high and win the back. Camping in your half and hoping for a counter attack is why managers like Mourinho and Ranieri are struggling.

mancsarered

That first 45 minutes of football from Celtic was absolutely magical. Tears in my eyes if we see that at Old Trafford any time soon.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
That first 45 minutes of football from Celtic was absolutely magical. Tears in my eyes if we see that at Old Trafford any time soon.
I've got to credit Celtic, the first 45 mins were brilliant. But Rangers played into their hands by sitting back, being passive and a lack of aggressiveion. The Hearts game the week before showed that perfectly, Celtic played like Man City first half, but Hearts finally matched them up 2nd half, got a goal back and missed a penalty to equalise.

How anyone can watch that game, and think the best tactic to play Celtic is to be passive and allow them long spells of the ball and to bring the crowd into it I don't know.

Tactics aside though, just the attitude for the Rangers players in an Old Firm game was shocking. I've seen Celtic batter Rangers on many occasions, but as a Rangers fan I don't think I've seen such a gutless performance as I saw from those players first 45, and that is worrying. There's a spine to come back into the team with Balogun, Helander, Jack, Davis, Ramsey & Morelos which should hopefully give them exactly that, a spine, but I still can't make excuses for what I saw there.

CraftySoAndSo

Celtic showing there's some serious talent in Japan and i'm stunned no one took advantage sooner.

Nick7

Celtic showing there's some serious talent in Japan and i'm stunned no one took advantage sooner.
There’s often a handful in Germany and the Netherlands. Daichi Kamada at Frankfurt, Ritsu Doan at PSV, and Masaya Okugawa at Bielefeld for example off the top of my head.

CraftySoAndSo

There’s often a handful in Germany and the Netherlands. Daichi Kamada at Frankfurt, Ritsu Doan at PSV, and Masaya Okugawa at Bielefeld for example off the top of my head.
I know there's a few around Europe but Celtic have a contingent and a manager who's managed in Japan as well, although i guess European leagues with non-eu player regulations would struggle with that i suppose.