Scottish Football 21-22

poleglass red

Have to say the atmosphere at the Celtic match the other night was as good as I've seen in years. I do hope both clubs return to allowing away fans at these games but I can't see that changing anytime soon.

MacGlock88

Have to say the atmosphere at the Celtic match the other night was as good as I've seen in years. I do hope both clubs return to allowing away fans at these games but I can't see that changing anytime soon.
I think the time when each Glasgow team had around 8,000 in each other’s ground, was the best.
Best for the craic, and best for the occasion.

Rangers changed it during the time of Celtic dominance, as they had a constant 8,000 away fans at ibrox going mental each time Celtic won there (remember Griffiths tying the scarf on the post at ibrox. The next match Rangers out two security men on the goals after the game so he couldn’t do it again).

News this week from Rangers was that the fans would return to each other’s stadiums. (Not in the thousands seen before, but more like 800/900).

However, Celtic sharply came out and advised that this is not the case.

So who knows what is going on.

For me, if Rangers (who started the ban), are coming out and willing to allow fans back in for the next game, which will be at ibrox, then Celtic should be taking them up on the offer. And doing likewise for the last derby game that will be at Celtic Park after the split.

MacGlock88

Got a knock apparently.
That’s not good from a Rangers point of view. Quality signing, but the cloud of injury hung over him.

Some say it was what put EPL clubs off him.
Others said he wanted Euro football, and that’s what he got.

Including what looks like another round in the Europa (after doing the business next week In Glasgow).

MacGlock88

Rangers drop points with a 1-1 Draw at Dundee United.

They were all over DU in the game apparently.

Celtic win 3-2 at home to Dundee.
2 up, back to 2 all (like United at Leeds today),
And then a winner in the 88th minute.

Their Greek striker Gio got a hat trick.

Celtic extend their lead at the top of the table to 3 points.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I watched both games and it astonishes me everytime Celtic complain about refereeing. Dundee should have had a penalty in the 93rd minute. It was as obvious a penalty as you’re ever going to see and it wasn’t given.

Rangers on the other hand, two absolute stonewallers turned down.

Celtic will easily win the league for me. They play better football too. But by god they don’t half get a helping hand from the officials every week.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I watched both games and it astonishes me everytime Celtic complain about refereeing. Dundee should have had a penalty in the 93rd minute. It was as obvious a penalty as you’re ever going to see and it wasn’t given.

Rangers on the other hand, two absolute stonewallers turned down.

Celtic will easily win the league for me. They play better football too. But by god they don’t half get a helping hand from the officials every week.
Yesterday’s decisions were clear cut and ridiculous misses from the referee and linesmen. A 4-point swing from just those 3 feck-ups alone.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
That penalty awarded to Celtic is laughable. The amount of decisions they get in their favour is beyond belief.

As I’m typing, 2 decisions in a row awarded the wrong way in Celtic favour and they score from it.

LJP

That penalty awarded to Celtic is laughable. The amount of decisions they get in their favour is beyond belief.

As I’m typing, 2 decisions in a row awarded the wrong way in Celtic favour and they score from it.
About the Peno, you’re having a laugh right?
Rangers are leagues ahead on that decision front. So much so, that they have book makers and prominent impartial media pundits taking the Mickey out of how many times they get awarded them.

The #penaltyToRangers hashtag.

Article fromThe National

RANGERS are awarded the most penalties in the Scottish Premiership, according to a report.

The Ibrox club are handed spot kicks on average every 363 minutes according to data the CIES Football Observatory examined from games since the start of the 2018/19 season until January 10.

Hibs are second on 454 minutes, followed by Aberdeen and Celtic in joint third on 540 minutes.

Eight teams have been involved in the top-flight throughout that period and Livingston prop up the list, having to wait 872 minutes - nearly ten full games.
This season, Rangers have 2 more penalties than Celtic.

Last season, Rangers are joint top with 10 penos in the league (3 more than Celtic).

From what I have seen, they have had their fair share of offside goals allowed. Plus tackles that were not followed up with Reds during the game (retrospective ban but not down to 10 men in game), and just last week Tavernier should have had a Red. Nothing happened in the game.
Not sure if any retrospective action will be taken.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers are leagues ahead on that decision front. So much so, that they have book makers and prominent impartial media pundits taking the Mickey out of how many times they get awarded them.

Article fromThe National

Last season, Rangers are joint top with 10 penos in the league (3 more than Celtic).

From what I have seen, they have had their fair share of offside goals allowed. Plus tackles that were not followed up with Reds during the game (retrospective ban but not down to 10 men in game), and just last week Tavernier should have had a Red. Nothing happened in the game.
Not sure if any retrospective action will be taken.
The old conspiracy out again - who even mentioned Rangers?

I assume you’re a Celtic fan? Why do Celtic fans always have so much more information about Rangers than anyone else. The Celtic forums (as evidence on a thread on here before) has more comments about Rangers than any other topic. Very unhealthy obsession that.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Is that correct what was said today, Celtic haven’t conceded a penalty all season?

LJP

The old conspiracy out again - who even mentioned Rangers?

I assume you’re a Celtic fan? Why do Celtic fans always have so much more information about Rangers than anyone else. The Celtic forums (as evidence on a thread on here before) has more comments about Rangers than any other topic. Very unhealthy obsession that.
I only mentioned Rangers as they were more prominent in the, favourable decision Peno metric that is available.

Plus they are one of the horses in the two horse race.

I’m a Man Utd fan.
On a Man Utd forum.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I only mentioned Rangers as they were more prominent in the, favourable decision Peno metric that is available.

I’m a Man Utd fan.
On a Man Utd forum.
If you watched the game today, Celtic were given a shocking penalty decision.

They missed. Right after it, the most dubious decision to give a corner when a Celtic player handled it knocking its out for a goal kick, but corner given and goal. Second goal, Rogic juggled it with his hands, both hands, play on, goal.

Some very bizarre refereeing.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Article fromThe National

Last season, Rangers are joint top with 10 penos in the league (3 more than Celtic). Not sure if any retrospective action will be taken.
Doesn't mean anything though. Rangers could have 50 penalties this season and, if they were all offences, then that would be a fair reflection. Of course if you have any evidence that Rangers are receiving penalty awards that aren't penalties then, by all means, go ahead and show us. Rangers tend to win more penalties than other teams because Ryan Kent is masterful at winning fouls from stupid defenders. The ability of Kent and Aribo in tight spaces is what lures in defenders to make fouls. In recent weeks they've had a run of major decisions go against them while Celtic have had a few go for them. That happens - it doesn't have to be a conspiracy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I’m a Man Utd fan.
On a Man Utd forum.
In the Football forum which is about all other teams

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Cannot make my mind up what is best for Scottish football in regards to it's coefficient. Celtic going straight into the CL or Rangers. On one hand, Rangers will probably give the qualifying rounds a good crack and may be able to qualify via that route, whereas I doubt Celtic would. However, I would be confident Rangers could get a EL place out of a CL group, whereas I expect Celtic to get completely turn over each match day.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This is a huge game today. Anything but a Rangers win and the league is over in my opinion. Celtic have too big a goal difference.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Can barely hear the commentary team with the noise.

Thankfully common sense prevails and away fans are allowed in again.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Ramsey has stepped up already in his first Old Firm.

Kent was excellent there. Some pick out and this crowd is deafening.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
1-1 - this game is great already.

Alan McGregor is so poor again. He was dreadful in the past Old Firm game also.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Game has slowed down which was expected considering the speed it started at. Still a great watch.

Celtic centre backs are getting away with absolutely everything here.

Aribo looks poor again in a big game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
proper entertaining match this is.
The hate is palpable.

Celtic by far the better team

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t get Rangers at all. Started well, pressing high then just sit off Celtic.

Well deserved lead for Celtic and league will be over after 90 minutes. Maeda is poor.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I don’t get Rangers at all. Started well, pressing high then just sit off Celtic.
Problem is Macgregor is glued to his line. Easy to stick through balls in behind or hoist high balls into the box, because they all cause chaos. It leaves the defence with too much space to defend.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers fans are utter scum. Throwing broken bottles on the pitch beside Joe Hart.