Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Plumber

Thought I’d start a thread for the new campaign! Season started at the weekend with some predictable wins for the big teams.

Dundee United pulled off a big win tonight in Europe beating AZ Alkmaar 1-0. By all accounts Dylan Levitt had a very good game in the middle of the park which is nice to hear.

Anyways, feel free to post your grumblings of all things football North of the border. Just don’t let Liz Truss know you’re giving us any attention :nervous:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some truly spectacular goals for Celtic today.

Also, Jota is one hell of a player, would have been perfect for United.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some truly spectacular goals for Celtic today.

Also, Jota is one hell of a player, would have been perfect for United.
Don’t think he played but I wouldn’t mind Hatate either. Celtic and Rangers are forming some good sides again.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Well I certainly expected to find more than 3 posts when I went looking for this thread. Watched the Celtic highlights, they looked rather in good nick.

Also there's a record number of Australians in the Scottish league this year

Keanu Baccus (St Mirren)
Dylan McGowan (Kilmarnock)
Phillip Cancar (Livingstone)
Lewis Miller (Hibernian)
Cam Devlin (Hearts)
Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts)
Kye Rowles (Hearts)
Harry Kewell (Celtic)

Plus Postecoglou and Kewell coaching at Celtic.

nau05194

Keanu Baccus (St Mirren)
Lewis Miller (Hibernian)
Cam Devlin (Hearts)
Kye Rowles (Hearts)
Harry Kewell (Celtic)

Mark Birighitti and Aziz Behich could be added to that list although I can understand leaving them out given Dundee United's last two performances. Martin Boyle has also rejoined Hibs too, definitely something of an Australian renaissance happening in Scottish Football.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Mark Birighitti and Aziz Behich could be added to that list although I can understand leaving them out given Dundee United's last two performances. Martin Boyle has also rejoined Hibs too, definitely something of an Australian renaissance happening in Scottish Football.
Yeah I knew there were more than the ones on that list. I need to improve my googling.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hibs manager makes a double sub in the 27th minute, big risk or calculated gamble

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Turned over as the Spurs game was soul destroying.

This has been eventful, 3 goals and 2 red cards for Rangers.

First red card was a ridiculous decision. Second clear as day. Morelos is a clown.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Well I certainly expected to find more than 3 posts when I went looking for this thread. Watched the Celtic highlights, they looked rather in good nick.

Keanu Baccus (St Mirren)
Lewis Miller (Hibernian)
Cam Devlin (Hearts)
Kye Rowles (Hearts)
Harry Kewell (Celtic)

Ryan McGowan, St Johnstone

Older brother of the less talented Dylan at Kilmarnock.

Last edited:

Turned over as the Spurs game was soul destroying.

This has been eventful, 3 goals and 2 red cards for Rangers.

First red card was a ridiculous decision. Second clear as day. Morelos is a clown.
2 reds for Hearts today at Celtic too.
Celtic winning 2-0 in the end.

Reiver

Was at the Celtic vs Hearts game today. I thought we did OK but Celtic could have been out of sight in the first half. Bloody 2 red cards was annoying.
Some of the play by Celtic is really good to watch, I was impressed last season but probably even more so today. Manager says he's not changing approach when in Europe. I could certainly see Celtic causing an upset or two at home.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It will be great seeing both Scottish teams back in the champions league. It has been a while.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Great result for Rangers tonight.

Fantastic to have both halves of the Glasgow teams in the CL proper.

Vault Dweller

Absolutely buzzing with that performance and result last night. Colak looking like a terrific signing and Lawrence playing well too.

Both of the Old Firm back in the CL proper, magic.

Reiver

I'll echo the comments above - great to have both Celtic and Rangers in the Champions League again. Its been too long.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This Celtic game :lol: Dundee United are getting absolutely destroyed. Kyogo looks quality though. Would be a shrewd buy for someone in Jan or next summer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This Celtic game :lol: Dundee United are getting absolutely destroyed. Kyogo looks quality though. Would be a shrewd buy for someone in Jan or next summer.
Could be 7 or 8 already. Sprinting to take corners when 3-0 up…this coach has got a cracking mentality into them and they play some great football. Jota is who I’d be monitoring as a PL team.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I agree. Could probably get him fairly cheap. His work rate is ridiculous. Be interesting to see whether he could produce the same performances at United.

Deery

Dreary
Kyogo definitely looks good, I know it’s only Scotland but he looks as if he’d score goals anywhere, could be a cut price Son.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Bit gutted the ref only added a minute on. I'm desperate to see a 10-0 in a professional club game. Never seen it in my time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Jota and Kyogo need to perform in Europe. If they do, they will get a big move.

Lay

9-0 :lol: would never see this happen in other leagues.

On another note, how did Hatete play?

A9X SJ

Dundee Utd have been awful of late despite the good result against AZ, the pumped in the 2nd leg.

I thought Celtic might have got double figures today Ross will be sacked in the morning.

Reiver

So many didnt want Ange
True. I work with a lot of Celtic fans and they were completely underwhelmed. Mainly because they hadn't a Scooby who he was. In fairness, given how the Celtic Board usually act, it did feel like they had just gone for a cheap option. For a wonder, it looks like they actually put some thought into it.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
True. I work with a lot of Celtic fans and they were completely underwhelmed. Mainly because they hadn't a Scooby who he was. In fairness, given how the Celtic Board usually act, it did feel like they had just gone for a cheap option. For a wonder, it looks like they actually put some thought into it.
Being down here in NZ I had some knowledge of him, via a couple of players that played in our first Pro side that played in Australia. Also via coaching courses there was talk of him and his methods. Its a difficult thing when someone hasnt a track record in recognised leagues for people to put much faith in. I knew a lot about him and have no doubt he will be a success, wouldnt be surprised to see him move to even bigger leagues in a few seasons.

Reiver

Being down here in NZ I had some knowledge of him, via a couple of players that played in our first Pro side that played in Australia. Also via coaching courses there was talk of him and his methods. Its a difficult thing when someone hasnt a track record in recognised leagues for people to put much faith in. I knew a lot about him and have no doubt he will be a success, wouldnt be surprised to see him move to even bigger leagues in a few seasons.
I'll admit I knew next to nothing about him when he got the job. I've been very impressed with him and what he's done with Celtic. And I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on to a bigger league either. If he does ok in the Champions League, that will probably be the catalyst.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Jota is going to win player of the season by a landslide if he keeps this form up

Status
Not open for further replies.