Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Kyogo will have something to say about that.
Maybe but keep in mind Jota might be setting up a lot of his goals.

I think when you watch Celtic Jota stands out as the best of the bunch but to your point Kyogo has been exceptional!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe but keep in mind Jota might be setting up a lot of his goals.

I think when you watch Celtic Jota stands out as the best of the bunch but to your point Kyogo has been exceptional!
I can see that but goalscorer are always tipped more favourably in these awards and Kyogo does score a mix of them.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
It looked like around half or maybe even two thirds of the fans in attendance at Ross County were Celtic away supporters. It's wild. They probably had a third of the ground at Dundee United as well. Is that normal, or are there more of them going to away games at the moment because they've got a good team?

Reiver

It looked like around half or maybe even two thirds of the fans in attendance at Ross County were Celtic away supporters. It's wild. They probably had a third of the ground at Dundee United as well. Is that normal, or are there more of them going to away games at the moment because they've got a good team?
I don't think it's extraordinary by any means. Outide of Hearts, Aberdeen and maybe Hibs who can sell the majority of tickets to home fans, Old Firm fans could certainly fill that much of the stadium.

Deery

Dreary
Celtic 1-0 up and playing some stuff, will be interested to see how they perform against Real next week.

Pity Kyogo gone of injured hope it’s nothing serious.

Deery

Dreary
Our boy O’Riley looks a player too, would definitely take him off their hands. Lovely left foot.

Deery

Dreary
Assist for O’Riley but that finish was exceptional… wow!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
glad rangers are losing. giving no minutes to amad again.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
This could end up with a cricket score. Celtic are free flowing with pace and ruthlessness, Rangers are slow and tumescent. Midfield has gone missing and this Tilman bloke looks lost. Barisic’s crosses have been quality and that’s about it for Rangers.

Deery

Dreary
I think I’m going to do a sneaky Celtic to beat Real bet during the week must be about 7-1 going into that match..

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Celtic look a million miles clear of Rangers right now. Pace, organisation, movement, execution: all hugely impressive from Celtic in the first half here.

lsd

The Oracle
Celtic look a million miles clear of Rangers right now. Pace, organisation, movement, execution: all hugely impressive from Celtic in the first half here.

It's extremely impressive especially as I felt Rangers deservedly beat Eindhoven so it isn't a case of Celtic destroying a terrible team in a terrible League

Celtic have been a joy to watch under this manager who I thought was going to be totally inept.

Really shows the difference the difference a manager makes to a football team

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Whoever takes a punt on Ange next won’t regret it. He’s a fantastic manager.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Can’t remember the last time there was such a one sided Old Firm match, O Neil era maybe

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Can’t remember the last time there was such a one sided Old Firm match, O Neil era maybe
Last season at Parkhead. Very similar game actually whereby Rangers current manager set out too defensively and Celtic destroyed them from the off.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
He was belittled on here so much too.
Yeah, and it was fecking annoying if you realise the football world extends beyond the end of your knob. I expected people to be confused but I wasn't prepared for the utterly contemptuous snobbery about his achievements in Asian football. As if winning a championship in Japan - Asia's best and most popular domestic league - after four titles in Australia and winning the actual fecking Asian championship with Australia's national team don't amount to a good managerial CV.

My bad, I suppose we should remember our place. But when the next Ange comes along somewhere in Asia, maybe a Euro club somewhere will allow him to be the kitman.

Last edited:

Reiver

Whoever takes a punt on Ange next won’t regret it. He’s a fantastic manager.
Agreed. Thought this for a while now. I definitely think he could go straight into the EPL. Champions League is a big one, I reckon if he takes Celtic beyond Christmas, somebody will come in for him

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Just seen posts on TalkCeltic saying Cameron Carter-Vickers has looked better than VVD was for them in his appearances so far. Thoughts?

As a pure defender, as good as it gets in a Celtic shirt that I’ve seen.

I’d include VVD in that - He strolled it but might’ve played within himself at times. CCV at 24 with his prime a few years ahead of him is a * great thought!
Say it again hes the most consistent CB and perhaps the most consistent player overall, I've ever seen, here.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Just seen posts on TalkCeltic saying Cameron Carter-Vickers has looked better than VVD was for them in his appearances so far. Thoughts?
I wouldn't say better but he's giving off the same vibes as VVD did in that you can see he's just strolling through games like it's nothing. He just looks so comfortable. And like Virgil, I genuinely can't recall him ever having a bad game.

Reiver

There are definitely similarities. I know a few Celtic fans saying Carter-Vickers is better. Personally, I think C-V may be better on the ball but VVD is a better defender. Marginal stuff though

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
There are definitely similarities. I know a few Celtic fans saying Carter-Vickers is better. Personally, I think C-V may be better on the ball but VVD is a better defender. Marginal stuff though
CCV is better on the ball? What ?

It wasn't even close who was better on the ball for Celtic. Van Dijk was head and shoulders above the whole league on the ball even most attackers. He was scoring solo goals running from his half way line, nutmegging people at the oppositions corner flag. Scoring freekicks. Pinging balls out wide when he wanted etc. CCV isn't even the best defender at Celtic at the moment on the ball

Van dijk was also better defensively, the only weakness Van Dijk had for us was boredom.

Reiver

CCV is better on the ball? What ?

It wasn't even close who was better on the ball for Celtic. Van Dijk was head and shoulders above the whole league on the ball even most attackers. He was scoring solo goals running from his half way line, nutmegging people at the oppositions corner flag. Scoring freekicks. Pinging balls out wide when he wanted etc. CCV isn't even the best defender at Celtic at the moment on the ball

Van dijk was also better defensively, the only weakness Van Dijk had for us was boredom.
Well I did say may be better on the ball. I've no doubt VVD is/was the better player for you.

I see Postecoglou is one of the early favourites to replace Potter at Brighton.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
So just for clarity, has Scotland cancelled its games?

Terrible blow to Scottish independent identity if I can't watch Ange Postecoglou's Celtic tonight tbh

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Is there any chance of Van Bronckhorst being sacked?

Losing 11 goals with none scored is horrendous. A poor start in the league, a horrible start in the Champions league, lost old firm game 4-0 and to my amazement, played Napoli with Gerrard’s team. I only read this morning that none of GVB signings made the starting 11. It also made the usual comparison to Celtic noting only Callum McGregor and Greg Taylor started for Celtic who weren’t signed by Postecoglu.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Brilliant result for St Mirren. Still feel Celtic will walk the league as they seem more likely than Rangers to put together a winning run but certainly makes it more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.