Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic were so poor. That guy Jenz at the back is horrendous.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Brilliant result for St Mirren. Still feel Celtic will walk the league as they seem more likely than Rangers to put together a winning run but certainly makes it more interesting.
European hangover. The title could go either way but Celtic are still the team to win it for me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant result for St Mirren. Still feel Celtic will walk the league as they seem more likely than Rangers to put together a winning run but certainly makes it more interesting.
Supports Rangers and Celtic

What? :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic fans are truly horrible scum.

Their constant celebration around the Queen’s passing is beyond belief.

I’m not and never will be a royalist but good god, celebrating her death and singing about it is really poor.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I agree the Celtic fans let themselves down badly. It really, really annoyed me. Not every Celtic fan holds the same opinions as The Green Brigade - who are the ultras in our support. The thing is a lot of the fans who hold these beliefs are decent people but hugely misguided as they have not got a clue about Irish history but think they do.

On behalf of the decent Celtic fans, I apologise for the banner and chants re the Queens passing.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Celtic fans are truly horrible scum.

Their constant celebration around the Queen’s passing is beyond belief.

I’m not and never will be a royalist but good god, celebrating her death and singing about it is really poor.
Not every Celtic fan celebrated her death. Far from it.

TheReligion

Abusive
That St Johnstone v Celtic ending..

The St Johnstone player that had the ball kicked at his leg then turned his back on the game, hopped around then went to ground totally cost them a point.

Ive seen it a few times now and just get angry watching it.

Absolutely disgraceful.

berbasloth4

If the old firm where to arrive in English leagues right now- they would struggle to stay up in the championship but if they got the same money wage caps etc they would be among the top 6

MC89

Supports
Celtic
This is a very good read -

https://thecelticblog.com/2022/10/a...travelling-support-need-to-sit-the-hell-down/

its not just Celtic fans, even the games I’ve seen on tv the English and European away fans are the same, why? It’s just wrong and the one’s doing it spoil the game for everybody else,

one of the 2 reasons why I stopped going to away games - that and the singing of all that republican bile they all spout.

VAR introduced in Scotland, first use last night. It will be interesting to see what team benefits most from it. Willie Collum and Brother Beaton will struggle to give their club the nod and the wink.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Some game yesterday, nothing wrong with big Raldo’s goal, Aaron Mooy should’ve burst the net, stonewall penalty, 11 men 4 officials and now a video against us, we never stop, we’re Glasgow Celtic.

I saw the claim for the peno. Was one for me. But what I didn’t understand was the time taken to award Hearts a peno (which was one by the way), against the 2 second check against the hand ball by hearts.

Surely a minute check Shows it’s handball And a peno to Celtic.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Nice to see VAR is part of the conspiracy now.
You just worry about trying to finish 2nd this season. Decent achievement if yee manage to do it.

GVB would be gone if yee had the money to replace him but yee don't.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

https://thecelticblog.com/2022/10/a...travelling-support-need-to-sit-the-hell-down/

its not just Celtic fans, even the games I’ve seen on tv the English and European away fans are the same, why? It’s just wrong and the one’s doing it spoil the game for everybody else,

one of the 2 reasons why I stopped going to away games - that and the singing of all that republican bile they all spout.
To be fair, Republican songs get sung at CP also. It's just not as loud, as the stadium is so big relative to the amount of fans singing the songs. The GB sing Republican songs at all games - home and away. Not saying its right or wrong,just merely stating that it gets sung at all games. I still go to some away games myself. I'll be at Ibrox on Jan 2nd. Looking forward to it. Fly over Jan 1st, quick question for u, if u are from Glasgow, will there be Irish / Celtic pubs open on Jan 1st? Will there be any pubs open on Jan 1st in general?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
To be fair, Republican songs get sung at CP also. It's just not as loud, as the stadium is so big relative to the amount of fans singing the songs. The GB sing Republican songs at all games - home and away. Not saying its right or wrong,just merely stating that it gets sung at all games. I still go to some away games myself. I'll be at Ibrox on Jan 2nd. Looking forward to it. Fly over Jan 1st, quick question for u, if u are from Glasgow, will there be Irish / Celtic pubs open on Jan 1st? Will there be any pubs open on Jan 1st in general?
The pubs up in the gallowgate will be open I think, think most should be

How do you know you will get a ticket? Only 800.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
The pubs up in the gallowgate will be open I think, think most should be

How do you know you will get a ticket? Only 800.
I have been getting away tckts for 20 years. Barely missed a game against them at Celtic Park, Hampden or Ibrox in 20 years. Got 1 for Sat away to hearts. Gave it to my friend in Glasgow. I have a very good mate who is Corporate at Celtic. He doesn't do away games and gives me his tckts. He gets 2 for every away but for smaller allocated games, he only gets 1. I'm pretty sure he will get 1 for Ibrox as he is Corporate but it's not absolutely guaranteed.

Gallowgate is a bit shit these days. I like Grace's, it's decent. Murphy ain't bad either. Back in the day, I used to drink in the welcome Inn. Great wee boozer. More recently, I drank in Whistlin Kirk at bottom of Glasgow Green but that's changed owners and name, and isn't a Celtic or even football boozer these days.

I'll go Gallowgate if nowhere else is open. Cheers.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Jota has been on the pitch 10 minutes after returning from injury and he’s put in the pass of the match, won a pen and scored. Be very interesting to see who takes the gamble on him.
If he continues to perform and improve, he will go for roughly 20 million next summer. He is on a long term contract so see us getting 20 million for him. Can see him going to a mid table EPL club. Newcastle might take a punt on him. They'll finish about 7th / 8th in league.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Noticed the Ajax fans all standing…… all that money getting over, hassle getting tickets and not able to see the game, they get what they deserve, it’ll be same there mora in away end in Madrid, the nanny’s ( replace N with F)

blackblazer

Hello everyone. I really dont know anythting about football. But i am trying to learn as i am interested in it recently. I read this thread it really has usefull information

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Happy birthday dear Celtic
Happy birthday to you.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Happy birthday dear Celtic
Happy birthday to you.
Indeed. What a birthday weekend. Been on their forums post match, they are beyond angry. Wouldn't be surprised if they headed to the Kingston Bridge and jumped!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
How long before GvB gets the boot?
Not long.

I don't think it resolves the bigger problems though. We will still have an 18-year-old in the heart of defence who leaks us a goal a game and a 40-year-old in goals whose weaknesses are worth the same. When you start most games one or two goals down, you're going to drop points.

Recruitment has been a shambles.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not long.

I don't think it resolves the bigger problems though. We will still have an 18-year-old in the heart of defence who leaks us a goal a game and a 40-year-old in goals whose weaknesses are worth the same. When you start most games one or two goals down, you're going to drop points.

Phil Jones any good to you

Lay

Not long.

is that 18 year old, King? Isn’t he meant to be a top prospect?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah he's got promise, - dynamic and good on the ball - but he's far too raw to rely on, as a mainstay as the core of a poorly performing defence, the way we have been doing. I'm sure the Board didn't anticipate having 3 first-team centre-halves out injured (Goldson, Souttar, Helander), on top of selling 3 (Bassey, Katic, Balogun) over the summer.

Lay

Should be the end for GVB now. Celtic although not playing the best are now 9 points clear.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
He is slower than a wet week in December but in his defence, he is playing in a team devoid of confidence, is only 18, and has done OK. He is far too slow to become a top player but he will forge a career for himself.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Should be the end for GVB now. Celtic although not playing the best are now 9 points clear.
Still a long way to go. We have been playing poorly last few games. We need the break now as we are looking a little jaded. If they get rid of GVB and get in a new manager and get the " new manager bounce" then there could still be a title race on. If we beat them at Ibrox on Jan 2nd, then it's over.

The problem they have is they are skint, Celtic have, as per their last set of accounts, 30 million in the bank, net of borrowings, whereas Rangers have been relying on loans from the Directors to keep the lights on. There is a fairly big financial gulf between the 2 teams. That said, you can't underestimate them especially as there is only 1 other team u need to finish ahead of in Scotland to win the league. A few shrewd signings and they could become competitive relatively quickly.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He is slower than a wet week in December but in his defence, he is playing in a team devoid of confidence, is only 18, and has done OK. He is far too slow to become a top player but he will forge a career for himself.
He's pretty quick. Seen him recover well a few times after getting caught out.

Doesn't read the game quickly yet though, that much is clear.
Still a long way to go. We have been playing poorly last few games. We need the break now as we are looking a little jaded. If they get rid of GVB and get in a new manager and get the " new manager bounce" then there could still be a title race on. If we beat them at Ibrox on Jan 2nd, then it's over.
It's over. Difference is you've been squeezing over the line in these games, whereas we have been dropping points. When we we get a load of players back in January we should pick up again, but the gulf will be too wide by that stage.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
He's pretty quick. Seen him recover well a few times after getting caught out.

Doesn't read the game quickly yet though, that much is clear.

It's over. Difference is you've been squeezing over the line in these games, whereas we have been dropping points. When we we get a load of players back in January we should pick up again, but the gulf will be too wide by that stage.
We have to go to Pittodrie, Easter Road and Ibrox in 3 of our next 5 league games. Depending on where we are after Jan 2nd will tell us how likely or not a title race is on. Still too early, for me. If its 9 points or more on Jan 3rd then, yes, its over.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
We have to go to Pittodrie, Easter Road and Ibrox in 3 of our next 5 league games. Depending on where we are after Jan 2nd will tell us how likely or not a title race is on. Still too early, for me. If its 9 points or more on Jan 3rd then, yes, its over.
From what I have seen of him, he is very slow on the turn. When he gets in to stride, he is fine but on the turn, he is slow. To be fair to him though, he has done OK considering he has been thrown in to a struggling team, devoid of leadership and confidence.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

Booked up for Ibrox. Hotel and flights booked. You out for the game? If so, where will you watch it? A mate of mine runs the Lisbon Lions CSC and they normally hire out the function room upstairs in Lynches in the Barras to watch the game. I think the Saltmarket CSC run a bus to Ibrox so will be booked on to that. It's the only bus that runs to Ibrox given the tckt allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.