Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Booked up for Ibrox. Hotel and flights booked. You out for the game? If so, where will you watch it? A mate of mine runs the Lisbon Lions CSC and they normally hire out the function room upstairs in Lynches in the Barras to watch the game. I think the Saltmarket CSC run a bus to Ibrox so will be booked on to that. It's the only bus that runs to Ibrox given the tckt allocation.
Think the easterhouse emerald take a bus too.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's pretty quick. Seen him recover well a few times after getting caught out.

Doesn't read the game quickly yet though, that much is clear.

It's over. Difference is you've been squeezing over the line in these games, whereas we have been dropping points. When we we get a load of players back in January we should pick up again, but the gulf will be too wide by that stage.
I think it's over as well mate. Too big a gap.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Getting beat 3-1 here, don’t deserve it, been much better side, playing some good football aswell

Van Bronckhorst has been sacked from Rangers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63535011
Not surprised given the league form, however having had them in a European final 5 months ago it is a bit rough since the board sold all the good players and didn't replace them. Managers always face the blame for board decisions.
Plus the 4 week break is a good time to change manager, will 1 trophy Slippy make his way back to Glasgow?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Sean Dyche is heavily rumoured and favourite on most bookie sites.

He also commented on the job on Talksport apparently saying he would be interested.

RedDevilRoshi

He also commented on the job on Talksport apparently saying he would be interested.
Whoever they get, they need to back him massively in the January transfer window to try and close the gap on Celtic who look like they are going to convincingly run away with it again this season.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Not surprised given the league form, however having had them in a European final 5 months ago it is a bit rough since the board sold all the good players and didn't replace them. Managers always face the blame for board decisions.
Plus the 4 week break is a good time to change manager, will 1 trophy Slippy make his way back to Glasgow?
Be absolutely amazed if they went for Gerrard, and be even more amazed if he took the job, if offered. The fans, based on their forums, don't want him either. My hunch is they'll go for Dyche. Be good appointment to.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Whoever they get, they need to back him massively in the January transfer window to try and close the gap on Celtic who look like they are going to convincingly run away with it again this season.
Don't think the funds are there. They didn't even GIO after getting to a Euro final and qualifying for CL. Their accounts the last few years have been horrific.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

Be a good appointment for them. I hope it doesn't happen.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Rate him as a manager and could see him doing well in Old Firm games. But I’m not sure what we’ve seen of his style convinces that he can coach a team to play the type of attacking football that gets to the 90-100 points needed to win the league. For example, Burnley were cancelled out over two legs by Aberdeen in the Europa League and that’s the sort of team you need to be turning inside-out to win in Scotland.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
If you’re wanting real football Celtic woman are on Alba at 5 o’clock.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
My choice would be Marcelo Bielsa
Kamikaze style football. Every game would end about 4-3 if it was Bielsa. Looks like Beale has the job if he wants it. Am glad it's not Dyche. Beale, to be fair, is a good coach but he has virtually no experience as a manager. I know Gerrard didn't either but he was a huge name. As a Celtic fan, I am not fearful of Beale but am respectful.

poleglass red

Didn't Beale reportedly turn down the Wolves job a while back. Seems strange you'd turn down a premier league job, I know they are currently bottom ,but they are closer to safety points wise, than Rangers are to Celtic in the title race.He has previous with Rangers so maybe that's the pull. His recent form with QPR has been poor, maybe that initial hope he had when he first went has gone and he doesn't feel he can push for the play offs, which is strange, as he's only out of the play offs on goal difference, but so are 2 others.Decent coup for Rangers I guess.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Didn't Beale reportedly turn down the Wolves job a while back. Seems strange you'd turn down a premier league job, I know they are currently bottom ,but they are closer to safety points wise, than Rangers are to Celtic in the title race.He has previous with Rangers so maybe that's the pull. His recent form with QPR has been poor, maybe that initial hope he had when he first went has gone and he doesn't feel he can push for the play offs, which is strange, as he's only out of the play offs on goal difference, but so are 2 others.Decent coup for Rangers I guess.
Very good coach by all accounts however managing requires a different skill set to coaching. Be interesting to see how he does. Safe option as he knows the club. The problem Rangers have is, financially, they can't compete with Celtic so they really have to get vast majority of their signings spot on. Celtic can go out and spend 6 million on a player or even 2, 6 million in Scottish football is a fortune. He will get time but if he loses to us on Jan 2nd, some pressure will come on him.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Morton home in the Scottish, that’ll do.
Yea, great draw. We can play the reserves. St Johnstone v Rangers and Edinburgh Derby are best ties of the round. Think Rangers will beat St J though.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I think, given how fanatical their fans are - like all big clubs, and given fact he only has 1 team to finish ahead of, and given he is guaranteed some form of European football which, if he punches above his weight, will get him a decent EPL job. He is probably thinking if I do well domestically and in Europe, in 2 years time, he might get a Crystal Palace or a club slightly better than Palace. With Wolves, the risk of relegation, meant that he might never get an EPL job. He did say also that he loves Rangers and his family were very settled in Scotland when he was there 1st time around. I think that definitely played some part in his decision.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Yea, great draw. We can play the reserves. St Johnstone v Rangers and Edinburgh Derby are best ties of the round. Think Rangers will beat St J though.
Don’t really care to be honest

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah, I don't think any Rangers fan was surprised he turned down Wolves to join us. The main barrier would have been around what budget he might get to invest in the squad. Especially given Van Bronckhorst had made the club a lot of money and got little financial support in return.

Not a bad time to join as (a) expectations are manageable as the league is basically done, and (b) there will be a load of players coming back from injury in the next month or two, which should resolve most of the challenges we've faced on the park this year.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I am assuming from your name, you are a Man Utd fan from Belfast? A guy I know ( his best mate married my cousin ) is from the North, he is a big Man Utd and Rangers fan probably likes Man Utd a bit more than Rangers but goes to both OT and Ibrox every season. He is a good guy to be fair. His best mate, my cousins husband, was telling me, he left a pub 1 night that had a Poppy on the front of the pub, and got jumped on and badly beaten up by Nationalists youths - who obviously saw him leaving the pub, my cousins husband reckoned they came from poleglass. Apparently the pub in question is quite close to poleglass. Can't remember the name of the pub although he did tell me the name of it. Not sure how he knew they were from poleglass, maybe just assuming they were poleglass given the pub apparently is quite close to poleglass.

I am assuming that type of stuff is becoming far rarer in the North though?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Morton home in the Scottish, that’ll do.
Weirdly I was in the Morton end when they beat Celtic 1-0 at Parkhead 9 years ago.

I attended a few Morton games when I lived in Scotland. Their away fans were good.

Oddly enough, the Morton goal scorer then, is now their manager and the Celtic player who gave away the penalty, Efe Ambrose, now plays for Morton.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Weirdly I was in the Morton end when they beat Celtic 1-0 at Parkhead 9 years ago.

I attended a few Morton games when I lived in Scotland. Their away fans were good.

Oddly enough, the Morton goal scorer then, is now their manager and the Celtic player who gave away the penalty, Efe Ambrose, now plays for Morton.
It's a big town is Greenock. Predominantly Celtic fans I am told, but Morton certainly attracts decent numbers to their games, apparently.

When you mention Efe, I can't help but think of the song Celtic fans had for Efe. Efe Ambrose, Efe Ambrose, Efe Ambrose Ballon D'or. Bit of a cult hero amongst our fans but was a bit of a bombscare at times.

poleglass red

I am assuming from your name, you are a Man Utd fan from Belfast? A guy I know ( his best mate married my cousin ) is from the North, he is a big Man Utd and Rangers fan probably likes Man Utd a bit more than Rangers but goes to both OT and Ibrox every season. He is a good guy to be fair. His best mate, my cousins husband, was telling me, he left a pub 1 night that had a Poppy on the front of the pub, and got jumped on and badly beaten up by Nationalists youths - who obviously saw him leaving the pub, my cousins husband reckoned they came from poleglass. Apparently the pub in question is quite close to poleglass. Can't remember the name of the pub although he did tell me the name of it. Not sure how he knew they were from poleglass, maybe just assuming they were poleglass given the pub apparently is quite close to poleglass.

I am assuming that type of stuff is becoming far rarer in the North though?
A lot of the Poleglass scum often ventured into nearby Lisburn to steal cars and break into houses, maybe it happened there.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
A lot of the Poleglass scum often ventured into nearby Lisburn to steal cars and break into houses, maybe it happened there.
Funny you should say that, my cousins husband is from Lisburn, I am not sure if his best mate is from Lisburn, probably is though as that would make sense based on what you have said. Shocking thing to happen to anyone, no matter which side you are from. In fairness, from a distance, ( I live just outside Dublin ) the North, by and large, appears to have come on leaps and bounds in terms of religious stuff.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Celtic lost 4-3 this morning v Rennes O’Reilly 2 and Kyogo score the goals, new center half got some game time and Callum started which was good.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Celtic lost 4-3 this morning v Rennes O’Reilly 2 and Kyogo score the goals, new center half got some game time and Callum started which was good.
Tough game next weekend. No Juranovic also. If we can come through the next 5 games up to and including game at Ibrox and remain 9 points clear, I'll be delighted.

The good news is Celtic will get a minimum of 15 million re Juranovic. He was excellent against Brazil and has had a very good tournament in general. I think we might get closer to 20 million. If he can keep vinicius junior quiet, then he will be able to handle the step up to English Premiership no problem. I reckon the game at Ibrox will be Juranovics last game.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
20 minutes in and this game has been absolutely brilliant. End to end stuff

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
What a goal from McGregor, holy feck.
Massive 3 points. Aberdeen would get football stopped with the complete lack of ambition, particularly at home. Celtic were not great, not great at all, but it's difficult to breakdown 10 men behind the ball. Huge 3 points today for us and we deserved to win despite not being great. 3 big games before we play rangers at Ibrox. League could be done after Jan 2nd game at Ibrox, but equally gap could be 4 to 6 points after that game. If the gap is 9 or more points after game on Jan 2nd, league is done.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn’t sure who I wanted to win. Minutes silence for Ibrox disaster and Celtic fans booing it as usual.

Both these clubs should be binned.

RedDevilRoshi

Wasn’t sure who I wanted to win. Minutes silence for Ibrox disaster and Celtic fans booing it as usual.

Both these clubs should be binned.
Yeah that was very vile. But nothing new which is the unfortunate thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.