Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
That last paragraph is hilarious. A club with the most disgusting history of any football club on the planet lecturing someone who supports another club.

If you’re going to call someone a moron repeatedly it would help putting your post into a word document and sorting the absolute word salad before posting it.

Car crash of a post.
That last paragraph is hilarious. A club with the most disgusting history of any football club on the planet lecturing someone who supports another club.

If you’re going to call someone a moron repeatedly it would help putting your post into a word document and sorting the absolute word salad before posting it.

Car crash of a post.
Far from a car crash of a post. You said loads of Celtic fans disrupted the minutes silence which absolutely wasn't the case. A moronic and ignorant comment.

As for my last paragraph, it's well known an element within your support have right wing loyalist sympathies. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Anyway, I'm done conversing with you.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I’ve heard roumors there might be bother at tannidice on Sunday seemingly fans coming up from England to cause it with the Dundee Utd fans

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Wouldn't be the 1st time fans from England came up to show support to their Glasgow cousins. Usually Celtic fans are the target! Feel for Dundee United fans, if true. Dundee United fans are pretty decent in the main.

I’ve heard roumors there might be bother at tannidice on Sunday seemingly fans coming up from England to cause it with the Dundee Utd fans

MC89

Supports
Celtic
It’s a bad day when you’ve got to fight and pay more for a seat it a all seated stadium how the f does that work?? Av managed to get a hold of a couple, it’s no really for me( I just hate standing) it’s for a guy who genuinely canny stand for that long, probably thousands a others in same boat, Celtic support are a joke, pure selfish, club open to all….. except if you want to go to hampden or any stadium outside Celtic Park

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't be the 1st time fans from England came up to show support to their Glasgow cousins. Usually Celtic fans are the target! Feel for Dundee United fans, if true. Dundee United fans are pretty decent in the main.
Aw the poor victims. Weep weep.

Yet sweep away any genuine concerns about REAL victims.

Horrible club.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Was keeping an eye on the scores today. Aberdeen needed that win or Goodwin was gone I reckon.

Owen Coyle has a chance of taking Queens Park into the Premier League. Crazy stuff.

RedDevilRoshi

Was keeping an eye on the scores today. Aberdeen needed that win or Goodwin was gone I reckon.

Owen Coyle has a chance of taking Queens Park into the Premier League. Crazy stuff.
And my local team Hibs will be replacing them in the championship with the absolute state we are in! :rolleyes:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
And my local team Hibs will be replacing them in the championship with the absolute state we are in! :rolleyes:
Lee Johnson is a bit of a clown isn’t he?

It should never be released publicly that he plans to move on ten players let alone right before a derby game.

Players will be all over the place wondering if they’ll be kept on or not however I believe he has now spoken to each player.

I’ll watch the game today away to Motherwell who haven’t won a home game since August and haven’t won any game since October. If Hibs don’t get a result, pressing will be building up on Johnson big time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Do you dislike rangers equally?
Probably.

I assume by your level of paranoia that you’re a Celtic fan?

Does every discussion around Celtic have to be deflected towards Rangers? Such a bizarre obsession about your rivals who have lived in your shadow for most of the last decade.

RedDevilRoshi

Lee Johnson is a bit of a clown isn’t he?

It should never be released publicly that he plans to move on ten players let alone right before a derby game.

Players will be all over the place wondering if they’ll be kept on or not however I believe he has now spoken to each player.

I’ll watch the game today away to Motherwell who haven’t won a home game since August and haven’t won any game since October. If Hibs don’t get a result, pressing will be building up on Johnson big time.
I’m not a fan of his but our problems stem much further than the manager. Both the Gordon’s (Ron & Ian) and Ben Kensell need to take a good hard look at themselves. They’ve turned the club into a chaotic place with a poor atmosphere right across the dressing room and fanbase.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m not a fan of his but our problems stem much further than the manager. Both the Gordon’s (Ron & Ian) and Ben Kensell need to take a good hard look at themselves. They’ve turned the club into a chaotic place with a poor atmosphere right across the dressing room and fanbase.
It’ll be interesting to see where Porteous ends up. I hope he doesn’t move to either side of the old firm.

RedDevilRoshi

It’ll be interesting to see where Porteous ends up. I hope he doesn’t move to either side of the old firm.
I doubt he will end up at one of the OF clubs. Silly if he does as he’s just going to be playing against the same opposition but with just better players around him. There is talk up here in Edinburgh that Udinese have met with our board and his agent to discuss a deal although I think he favours a move to the English Championship. Either one of those will be a great move for him, particularly playing in Serie A along with his former Hibs teammate Josh Doig who’s having a phenomenal season at Verona and already being linked with the likes of Napoli & Roma for a summer switch.

In all seriousness, I think he’s an ok player tbh. Very good when on form and focused but still acts as if he is very raw at the age of 23 as he does make some stupid dirty tackles & decisions from time to time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I doubt he will end up at one of the OF clubs. Silly if he does as he’s just going to be playing against the same opposition but with just better players around him. There is talk up here in Edinburgh that Udinese have met with our board and his agent to discuss a deal although I think he favours a move to the English Championship. Either one of those will be a great move for him, particularly playing in Serie A along with his former Hibs teammate Josh Doig who’s having a phenomenal season at Verona and already being linked with the likes of Napoli & Roma for a summer switch.

In all seriousness, I think he’s an ok player tbh. Very good when on form and focused but still acts as if he is very raw at the age of 23 as he does make some stupid dirty tackles & decisions from time to time.
A move to Italy would be excellent.

It has worked out well for Doig, Ferguson and Hickey so far. Italian teams are definitely doing their homework on the SPL and will make a lot of money off their research.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Probably.

I assume by your level of paranoia that you’re a Celtic fan?

Does every discussion around Celtic have to be deflected towards Rangers? Such a bizarre obsession about your rivals who have lived in your shadow for most of the last decade.
I'm not paranoid and I can take or leave Celtic.
I dislike the sectarian element of both clubs fan base. I've been at end of a fist and a kick in the head in Glasgow because I speak with an Irish accent. I wasn't even there for football. My misfortune was being Irish.

I'm interested in your sharp vitriol towards Celtic as a club as per your posts in the thread.

A scum club as you have mentioned more than once.

Why so scummy ?

And don't bring fans into the answer as it's fair to say that no club has a fanbase that doesn't have its cnut faction.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I dislike the sectarian element of both clubs fan base. I've been at end of a fist and a kick in the head in Glasgow because I speak with an Irish accent. I wasn't even there for football. My misfortune was being Irish.

I'm interested in your sharp vitriol towards Celtic as a club as per your posts in the thread.

Why so scummy ?

And don't bring fans into the answer as it's fair to say that no club has a fanbase that doesn't have its cnut faction.
I lived in Scotland for a while and was unfortunately surrounded by Celtic fans.

I’ve never heard any club so paranoid in my life. Always the victims and absolutely delusional.

I was also living there when the whole abuse scandal was being examined across multiple clubs across the UK who all done everything they could to support the victims, except Celtic of course.

Add in the sectarianism, the green brigade, the banners, the multiple fines, the booing Ibrox disaster/remembrance day etc etc.

There is a long long list of why Celtic are a disgusting club with an awful history.

It is extremely difficult to hold any conversation with a Celtic fan about their team without them bringing Rangers into the conversation. It is almost impossible actually and even on this post you’re first response was to ask about Rangers. It’s such a bizarre obsession as like I said, Rangers have been in Celtic’s shadow for a long time.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I lived in Scotland for a while and was unfortunately surrounded by Celtic fans.

I’ve never heard any club so paranoid in my life. Always the victims and absolutely delusional.

I was also living there when the whole abuse scandal was being examined across multiple clubs across the UK who all done everything they could to support the victims, except Celtic of course.

Add in the sectarianism, the green brigade, the banners, the multiple fines, the booing Ibrox disaster/remembrance day etc etc.

There is a long long list of why Celtic are a disgusting club with an awful history.

It is extremely difficult to hold any conversation with a Celtic fan about their team without them bringing Rangers into the conversation. It is almost impossible actually and even on this post you’re first response was to ask about Rangers. It’s such a bizarre obsession as like I said, Rangers have been in Celtic’s shadow for a long time.
It goes well beyond football. There is a genuine hatred. It's sad.

I've a Celtic supporting friend who turns into some raving lunatic when old firm is on.
Unbearable to be around. Other than that he's the nicest chap around. It's very odd when his dark side appears.

I try not get involved with the other stuff. I Just keep out of it.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It goes well beyond football. There is a genuine hatred. It's sad.

I've a Celtic supporting friend who turns into some raving lunatic when old firm is on.
Unbearable to be around. Other than that he's the nicest chap around. It's very odd when his dark side appears.

I try not get involved with the other stuff. I Just keep out of it.
I’ve been to Ibrox in the away end watching Rangers v Morton when they were in the lower leagues. The amount of near misses from bottles being launched was ridiculous.

I’ve also been fortunate and unfortunate enough to experience an old firm game. The atmosphere in terms of decibels is incredible but the content of the atmosphere is vile from both ends.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This game has been an excellent watch.

3-2 and a brilliant interception from Porteous to prevent a late late equaliser.

RedDevilRoshi

Well thank feck we needed that win massively after our relegation form.

Hopefully get some good signings in this window to help us climb the table and make a late push for European qualification next season.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The performance from the Motherwell left back Penney had to be up there with the worst performance of the season.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Hibs will stay up. Good win today. They have too much to go down. Ross County will go down, I reckon.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

Why so scummy ?

Celtic are far from the scum mate. We have idiots amongst our fan base but on the whole, Celtic fans are decent people. The other individual clearly has an unhealthy and obsessive dislike of Celtic which clouds his judgement. He made up blatant lies about the minutes silence at Ibrox last Monday. I was at the game and a couple of idiots ( from our end ) shouted and then loads of Rangers fans retorted but according to him loads of Celtic fans disrupted the silence which absolutely wasn't the case. I feel your pain having got attacked for the crime of being Irish in Glasgow mate. Its happened to me a couple of times also. In fairness though, I have met a lot of decent folk that support Rangers who would be appalled by that scummy behaviour.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Didn’t think played that well the night not seen the chopped off goals yet, thought they had a big shout for a pen ad would’ve been screaming for it, being fair to Kilmarnock they came and made a game of it, and the weather and the pitch didn’t help, but semi final not about playing well it’s about winning, we did happy days.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Didn’t think played that well the night not seen the chopped off goals yet, thought they had a big shout for a pen ad would’ve been screaming for it, being fair to Kilmarnock they came and made a game of it, and the weather and the pitch didn’t help, but semi final not about playing well it’s about winning, we did happy days.
They should have had a penalty. 2 chopped off goals were deservedly chopped off. We didn't play well but we are through. Hoping Aberdeen can beat Rangers but in all honesty, I fancy Rangers to win. Think it will be tight enough game though. Pitch will be a bit of a mess tomorrow.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Like the first semi final, this game is being ruined by the embarrassing pitch.

This is horrific viewing.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Alan McGregor is so past it. Glued to his line every attack which is a nightmare for a team playing with a high backline.

Krky72

Supports
Glasgow Rangers
The pitch yesterday and over the weekend was a shambles. Not a great look for Scottish football but I suppose it’s expected.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The pitch yesterday and over the weekend was a shambles. Not a great look for Scottish football but I suppose it’s expected.
Struggling to understand why it's so bad whenever there are league cup semi and final matches on it in the winter. There are amateur pitches across the country in better condition.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Struggling to understand why it's so bad whenever there are league cup semi and final matches on it in the winter. There are amateur pitches across the country in better condition.
To be fair, games played on consecutive days after terrible conditions on the first day, it's understandable that the pitch cut up badly. They should probably consider playing semi finals a week apart or if they are played on consecutive days then have 1 semi final at Hampden and the other at Ibrox, Celtic Park or even Murrayfield. Probably the above suggestions are too sensible for the SFA however. Will you get a tckt for the final? I am assuming you will be looking to get 1. I should get 1 myself. Flights booked so fingers crossed.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Hearing final prices will be

South stand lower/upper £44
North stand £44
East stand £39/concessions £22

Celtic fans saying the SFA ripping the fans off etc etc, but the stone hard facts is that the Celtic fans are ripping 95% of other Celtic fans off because they will be paying £44/39 for a seat they’ll not be able to use.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
  1. Hearing final prices will be

South stand lower/upper £44
    North stand £44
    East stand £39/concessions £22

Celtic fans saying the SFA ripping the fans off etc etc, but the stone hard facts is that the Celtic fans are ripping 95% of other Celtic fans off because they will be paying £44/39 for a seat they’ll not be able to use.
    Those prices seem excessive for a league cup final. Normally Scottish FA Cup final is more expensive than league Cup final. Would have thought league Cup final would be about 30 pounds.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
When I was living in Scotland I travelled down from Bishopton to Greenock to watch Morton.

I reckon Celtic will put 6 past them on Saturday. I’d imagine Morton will have a good away crowd.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
To be fair, games played on consecutive days after terrible conditions on the first day, it's understandable that the pitch cut up badly. They should probably consider playing semi finals a week apart or if they are played on consecutive days then have 1 semi final at Hampden and the other at Ibrox, Celtic Park or even Murrayfield. Probably the above suggestions are too sensible for the SFA however. Will you get a tckt for the final? I am assuming you will be looking to get 1. I should get 1 myself. Flights booked so fingers crossed.
I've got a lot of travelling next month so unlikely I'll make this one. Will be a good game though, the teams feel fairly evenly matched right now.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Actually heading up to see family on Saturday and will be attending Celtic v Morton. Haven’t been to a Morton game in a while but wish it was at Cappielow.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I've got a lot of travelling next month so unlikely I'll make this one. Will be a good game though, the teams feel fairly evenly matched right now.
Agreed, very tight game. Could come down to a little bit of luck to decide the game.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Todd Cantwell to Rangers.

What happened to him? I remember him playing well against us a few times. I remember stories about his mental health and he really struggled with the pressure and I’m sure he was I’m in the news for depression.

If he has issues with mentality or mental health, going to the pressure bowl of the Old Firm is a huge risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.