Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
My pal who is a season ticket holder at Celtic advised me that Morton have sold out their 2000+ away allocation for tomorrows game making it the largest away crowd at Parkhead in years.

Should be a good watch.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic v Morton was excellent today.

The signal within Parkhead was difficult as I wanted to also watch us against Liverpool but I enjoyed the game.

Incredible away support. Really enjoyed the atmosphere but the game was completely let down by the officials.

Morton started really well, deep backline with high pressing forwards and Celtic didn’t like being pressed and Morton should have scored early and had the better of the first 16 minutes before Celtic were inexplicably given a penalty after VAR review.

Morton’s game plan was out the window and it was game over.

Celtic are a good watch. Some brilliant movement and McGregor and Kyogo were brilliant.

Good day out though and loved the atmosphere in the away end. Met a few Celtic supporting pals outside who commented on the away support and were bemused by the penalty decision and overall refereeing performance.

Krky72

Supports
Glasgow Rangers
Darvel 1-0 Aberdeen. Unbelievable result that. The sheep are in serious trouble.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Jim Goodwin will be doing extremely well to survive this result tonight.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Are Darvel semi pro?
Yeah. Scottish football has quite a wide semi-professional scene from the bottom of the Championship through to the various regional leagues. The chances are Darvel pay some of their players more than some League 1/2 clubs.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
1 striker in and 1 striker on way out at Celtic. Ange has stated he has rated our new signing and wanted him for a while. That will do for me. Still young with a massive amount of time to improve at 21. Hopefully another shrewd signing from the far east. We've done well from that part of the world.

Be sad to see big GG leave but he will never be a first choice striker as Anges system only plays 1 central striker in a 4 - 3 - 3. He hasn't got the movement, the athleticism nor the mobility to be 1st choice, whereas Kyogo has.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
1 striker in and 1 striker on way out at Celtic. Ange has stated he has rated our new signing and wanted him for a while. That will do for me. Still young with a massive amount of time to improve at 21. Hopefully another shrewd signing from the far east. We've done well from that part of the world.

Be sad to see big GG leave but he will never be a first choice striker as Anges system only plays 1 central striker in a 4 - 3 - 3. He hasn't got the movement, the athleticism nor the mobility to be 1st choice, whereas Kyogo has.
Aye. He scored some big goals last season in tight games where Celtic needed to go more direct to break down deep-lying opposition. But don’t think he ever looked more than a plan B, and didn’t have the all-round game outside that box.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Aye. He scored some big goals last season in tight games where Celtic needed to go more direct to break down deep-lying opposition. But don’t think he ever looked more than a plan B, and didn’t have the all-round game outside that box.
Completely agree. Technically, he wasn't the most gifted, but, a bit like Sutton and Hartson, he had the physical presence to bully defenders. At times, we did go more direct as you say, and he was a handful for defenders. When we got the ball out wide and got crosses in to the box, he was a handful. He is a big character and personality, he wouldnt be Intimidated by going to the likes of Ibrox or Tynecastle. ( I've seen many Celtic players over the years freeze at Ibrox and Tynecastle as I am sure u have with Rangers players going to Celtic Park ) For me, if you look at the overall package, though he had his limitations, he will be a loss for us. Big, big character and you can't get enough of them in a team.

I wish him well.

The new striker looks similar in physique but definitely appears a little more mobile than GG.

I think Cantwell is a talent, could be a shrewd purchase by yee. Yee badly needed to add quality in central midfield.

Reactions: Jippy

MC89

Supports
Celtic
2 minutes in and the away fans at Tannadice singing ‘sing up the ra’

that right there is why I never go to another away game involving Celtic even considering hampden after the utter embarrassment of last years semi final, the most vilest scumbag supporters in world football

I see every one of they selfish…… in that away end is standing absolute no consideration of anyone else

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
2 minutes in and the away fans at Tannadice singing ‘sing up the ra’

that right there is why I never go to another away game involving Celtic even considering hampden after the utter embarrassment of last years semi final, the most vilest scumbag supporters in world football

I see every one of they selfish…… in that away end is standing absolute no consideration of anyone else
At every game away from home, the Celtic fans stand. Been going on for years and years. Not saying its right but its been like that for as long as I have been attending away games.

I am not sure who you are referring to the most vilest scumbag supporters in World football, Celtic fans ( that sing pro IRA songs ) or Rangers fans?

Singing pro Ira songs happens at Celtic Park aswell. Not saying it's right but it does happen. Mainly from the Green Brigade.

Anyway, a win tonight, another game closer to the title.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
At every game away from home, the Celtic fans stand. Been going on for years and years. Not saying its right but its been like that for as long as I have been attending away games.

I am not sure who you are referring to the most vilest scumbag supporters in World football, Celtic fans ( that sing pro IRA songs ) or Rangers fans?

Singing pro Ira songs happens at Celtic Park aswell. Not saying it's right but it does happen. Mainly from the Green Brigade.

Anyway, a win tonight, another game closer to the title.
Oh look, brought Rangers into it again.

He is clearly referring to Celtic fans who ruin any sort of experience at games for him.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic given yet another howler of a decision. Are they going to be given a bye every round with the VAR assistance?

VAR is having a horrific weekend all round I see. The penalty against Rangers is up there with the worst I’ve seen. Hilariously though, they do deserve to be losing. They are dreadful.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Green Brigade are known for turning up to battle and running. I have seen loads of similar videos. Weirdos.

Celtic deservedly ahead 1-0. Rangers sitting back and look nervous and Celtic going for it and deserve to be more than 1 up.

whitbyviking

Whose fans were letting off the flares after halftime? Some atmosphere, extremely hostile. Celtic the better side but rangers aren’t out of it.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers tactics make no sense at all here.

Lundstram and Tillman are passengers.

Celtic by far the better team.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Fat boy scores.

He’s a lot more out of shape than me.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Great game.

Rangers very unlucky not to get anything from that as they were much better in the second half. Poor team selection cost them.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Yeeeehaaaa 2-1 going on 5-1 .

Big gap tooth sakala looks like an even bigger idiot now after those daft comments that they were much better than celtic.

poleglass red

only caught the 1st half, atmosphere sounded brilliant. Celtic were the better team and were good value for their lead. Pitch didn't seem in best condition

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
We deservedly won the game. Slightly worrying that we didn't manage the game better at 2 nil but nevertheless, it was a huge win. We were the better team for 65 out of the ninety mins. As ever, this Irish Bhoy was at it. Absolutely hungover to feck today though. The treble is a real possibility although admittedly, we have a tough away game against Hearts next round.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
The display in our end was embarrassing aswell some ira bird or whatever, why can’t we do a Celtic display always about the ira or Ireland same with the songs it’s pathetic it really is.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Atmosphere on Sunday was unbelievable, proper hatred and passion , what you want in a rivalry , none if this faux respect muck pretending you actually like them at all.

Loved the Irish and Celtic iconography in the Celtic tifo and the colours.

"A phoenix rising, a house of steel,
And 60,000 Celtic dreams"

. Wasn't actually their best effort though wasn't as crisp and well defined as usual. But the colours mixed with the Pyro is always welcome

The Rangers tifo as usual was a blob but it their pyro show and their insults added to the spectacle. Think i also seen quite possibly the Biggest Union Flag ever at one point, it was quite impressive

The fellas in the Celtic end who had snuck in the rocket launcher was wild it added a great visual and audible element to the atmosphere but feck me where did they hide them, in fact maybe it's better not knowing

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Atmosphere on Sunday was unbelievable, proper hatred and passion , what you want in a rivalry , none if this faux respect muck pretending you actually like them at all.

. Wasn't actually their best effort though wasn't as crisp and well defined as usual. But the colours mixed with the Pyro is always welcome

The Rangers tifo as usual was a blob but it their pyro show and their insults added to the spectacle. Think i also seen quite possibly the Biggest Union Flag ever at one point, it was quite impressive

The fellas in the Celtic end who had snuck in the rocket launcher was wild it added a great visual and audible element to the atmosphere but feck me where did they hide them, in fact maybe it's better not knowing
It’s pathetic, songs about the ira that’s all the ‘fans’ seem to care about. Scum

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

Agree, the atmosphere was brilliant. Proper hatred as it should be for the biggest Derby in Britain. I'm still hungover to feck. Great day though.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
It’s pathetic, songs about the ira that’s all the ‘fans’ seem to care about. Scum
You're generalising there a bit, to be fair. Plenty of fans can take or leave Rebel songs.

AdNani

How far can Kyogo go?
Hatate is the one who can go far in this celtic team, great player. Kyogo can play in the Premier league but i think Hatate could play top 6/ top 4

MC89

Supports
Celtic
You're generalising there a bit, to be fair. Plenty of fans can take or leave Rebel songs.
Biggest majority of the away support do, that’s why I stopped going away games, between that and standing all game, pure scumbags

Status
Not open for further replies.