Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
How far can Kyogo go?
He is 28 now so probably too old to get a move to the EPL. I don't think an EPL club would look at a striker who is nearly 30 that plays in Scotland.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Biggest majority of the away support do, that’s why I stopped going away games, between that and standing all game, pure scumbags
Not every celtic fan that sings rebel songs is a scumbag. Some are, some aren't. Well, that's my opinion anyway. You may disagree, which is fair enough.

Glaswegian

Biggest majority of the away support do, that’s why I stopped going away games, between that and standing all game, pure scumbags
Are you trying to ingratiate yourself to fans of Premier League teams, or something? Why are Irish Rebel song seen as a problem, to you? Do you feel the same way about Flower of Scotland? Have you bought into this equivalency pish oft spouted by the media that what is sung by Celtic fans and what is sung by the Huns are one and the same?

Songs of freedom and rebellion, or xenophobic pish about sending people back to their 'own country', wading in the blood of people you don't like, and pro British fascist songs... I know what I'd rather hear.

I'd rather we continued to sing the rebs and retain some of our identity, an identity that we have fought to keep here in Scotland. It wasn't that long ago our ancestors were compared to monkeys, stealing jobs, denied the right to work, anglicising our surnames to ward of suspicion of being a no good taig. One of the greatest sights in football is seeing thousands of Celtic fans singing Grace in unison.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Are you trying to ingratiate yourself to fans of Premier League teams, or something? Why are Irish Rebel song seen as a problem, to you? Do you feel the same way about Flower of Scotland? Have you bought into this equivalency pish oft spouted by the media that what is sung by Celtic fans and what is sung by the Huns are one and the same?

Songs of freedom and rebellion, or xenophobic pish about sending people back to their 'own country', wading in the blood of people you don't like, and pro British fascist songs... I know what I'd rather hear.

I'd rather we continued to sing the rebs and retain some of our identity, an identity that we have fought to keep here in Scotland. It wasn't that long ago our ancestors were compared to monkeys, stealing jobs, denied the right to work, anglicising our surnames to ward of suspicion of being a no good taig. One of the greatest sights in football is seeing thousands of Celtic fans singing Grace in unison.

I’m fine with Grace because Celtic are fine with Grace being sung, we play it over the tannoy at Celtic Park,

what am no fine with is the……

the Sam song
Boys of the old brigade
Ira ( beautiful Sunday )
Roll of honor
Rifles of the ira
Bring them home
Brits out now
I ra
Super trooper song
Aiden McAnespie
Prisoner’s Christmas

all of which have nothing to do with Celtic, Celtic as a club don’t want it either, being honest if Celtic came out and said publicly we don’t have a problem with theese songs a wouldn’t have a problem with them being sung, but you and I know that won’t happen so the problem I’ve got the fans are singing songs the club don’t want,

why bring other clubs fans into this, I don’t really care what Hearts, Aberdeen,Hibs, Liverpool, Man Utd fans etc sing, it’s what Celtic fans sing that bothers me, I’ve stopped going to away game because of the bile that comes out of the terrorist loving scumbags mouth, even watching on telly u turn the volutes down, Sky actually turned the fans off yesterday at love st, in a way was a good thing because didn’t have to listen but being honest would’ve rather turn it up so the world watching can know know exactly what they are…. Most vilest fans in world football.

not only that it’s embarrassing it stops classics being sung….

original Celtic song (Celtic on the ball)
World club championship song
Wee jinky was the best
Lisbon lions ( moonlight shadow )
Toytown ( not exactly a Celtic song, but good clean party song)
New Ange song ( dirty old town/ Charlie Mulgrew)
Praise you
Reo Hatate song
Where ever you play

Every sing one of they good clean Celtic/party songs I’ve mentioned could be sung instead but no they want to go behind Celtics back and make other folk feel uncomfortable, and the majority of they songs are in support of Celtic.

I love my club but despise the majority of the fans, the absolute worst thing about the club.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool

Wow, it's so melodic and tuneful. Most other sets of fans would turn that into a shouty mess.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I’m fine with Grace because Celtic are fine with Grace being sung, we play it over the tannoy at Celtic Park,

what am no fine with is the……

the Sam song
Boys of the old brigade
Ira ( beautiful Sunday )
Roll of honor
Rifles of the ira
Bring them home
Brits out now
I ra
Super trooper song
Aiden McAnespie
Prisoner’s Christmas

all of which have nothing to do with Celtic, Celtic as a club don’t want it either, being honest if Celtic came out and said publicly we don’t have a problem with theese songs a wouldn’t have a problem with them being sung, but you and I know that won’t happen so the problem I’ve got the fans are singing songs the club don’t want,

why bring other clubs fans into this, I don’t really care what Hearts, Aberdeen,Hibs, Liverpool, Man Utd fans etc sing, it’s what Celtic fans sing that bothers me, I’ve stopped going to away game because of the bile that comes out of the terrorist loving scumbags mouth, even watching on telly u turn the volutes down, Sky actually turned the fans off yesterday at love st, in a way was a good thing because didn’t have to listen but being honest would’ve rather turn it up so the world watching can know know exactly what they are…. Most vilest fans in world football.

not only that it’s embarrassing it stops classics being sung….

original Celtic song (Celtic on the ball)
World club championship song
Wee jinky was the best
Lisbon lions ( moonlight shadow )
Toytown ( not exactly a Celtic song, but good clean party song)
New Ange song ( dirty old town/ Charlie Mulgrew)
Praise you
Reo Hatate song
Where ever you play

Every sing one of they good clean Celtic/party songs I’ve mentioned could be sung instead but no they want to go behind Celtics back and make other folk feel uncomfortable, and the majority of they songs are in support of Celtic.

I love my club but despise the majority of the fans, the absolute worst thing about the club.
Your last sentence is way OTT. I am not getting in to the rights and wrongs of the IRA, they did a lot of things I strongly disagreed with however, Irish Catholics up the North of Ireland were treated in the same way as Black people in America, South Africa etc. They suffered horrendous discrimination, truly horrendous. Peaceful means of protest was met with murder ( Civil rights March in Derry in 1969 ) There was literally no other option other than armed struggle. Nelson Mandela is rightly lauded but he was a member of the ANC, he founded it. The South African equivalent of the IRA. To say what you said about the majority of our fans is way off, way, way off. You would do well to reflect on that. Easy for you to pontificate but if you lived in the North of Ireland and suffered horrendous discrimination, you might be more understanding as to why the Ira had to engage with armed struggle. As I say, I disagree with a lot of the stuf they did, some of it was completely unjustifiable but at same time, there was an absolute need for them in the late 60's 70's and 80's.

I mean Gerrymandering was heavily prevalent in the North ( the rigging on constituency voting bounderies so as to always throw up a Protestant / Unionist majority. ) Catholics were treated like pure scum and heavily discriminated against. The police force was 97% protestant. There has been proven collusion between security forces and loyalist paramilitaries to kill Catholics. It was truly shocking.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Your last sentence is way OTT. I am not getting in to the rights and wrongs of the IRA, they did a lot of things I strongly disagreed with however, Irish Catholics up the North of Ireland were treated in the same way as Black people in America, South Africa etc. They suffered horrendous discrimination, truly horrendous. Peaceful means of protest was met with murder ( Civil rights March in Derry in 1969 ) There was literally no other option other than armed struggle. Nelson Mandela is rightly lauded but he was a member of the ANC, he founded it. The South African equivalent of the IRA. To say what you said about the majority of our fans is way off, way, way off. You would do well to reflect on that. Easy for you to pontificate but if you lived in the North of Ireland and suffered horrendous discrimination, you might be more understanding as to why the Ira had to engage with armed struggle. As I say, I disagree with a lot of the stuf they did, some of it was completely unjustifiable but at same time, there was an absolute need for them in the late 60's 70's and 80's.

I mean Gerrymandering was heavily prevalent in the North ( the rigging on constituency voting bounderies so as to always throw up a Protestant / Unionist majority. ) Catholics were treated like pure scum and heavily discriminated against. The police force was 97% protestant. There has been proven collusion between security forces and loyalist paramilitaries to kill Catholics. It was truly shocking.
What’s the way Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland or blacks in America are treated to do with Celtic football club? By all means be against it but don’t bring it into Celtic Park or away venues where Celtic are playing,

why is my last sentence way over the top? If I choose not to like something/someone I don’t have to, the fans are bringing the club down by singing all that nonsense forcing hundreds of real Celtic fans too stay away like myself who can’t be bothered listening and being in amongst complete bile, and not using there seat is scumbag behaviour aswell, again forcing decent fans away.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
What’s the way Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland or blacks in America are treated to do with Celtic football club? By all means be against it but don’t bring it into Celtic Park or away venues where Celtic are playing,

why is my last sentence way over the top? If I choose not to like something/someone I don’t have to, the fans are bringing the club down by singing all that nonsense forcing hundreds of real Celtic fans too stay away like myself who can’t be bothered listening and being in amongst complete bile, and not using there seat is scumbag behaviour aswell, again forcing decent fans away.
If it wasn't for Irish Catholics, there wouldn't be a Celtic football club so Irish Catholics has everything to do with Celtic football club.

Calling fans scumbags is OTT because plenty of decent fans sing rebel songs. Some Neds sing rebel songs but plenty of decent folk sing them also. You don't have to join in singing the songs.

all away fans at every club stand at away games and don't stand in their allocated seat, they stand with their mates, this ain't a problem solely associated with Celtic so again this I an example of u being OTT.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
If it wasn't for Irish Catholics, there wouldn't be a Celtic football club so Irish Catholics has everything to do with Celtic football club.

Calling fans scumbags is OTT because plenty of decent fans sing rebel songs. Some Neds sing rebel songs but plenty of decent folk sing them also. You don't have to join in singing the songs.

all away fans at every club stand at away games and don't stand in their allocated seat, they stand with their mates, this ain't a problem solely associated with Celtic so again this I an example of u being OTT.
Again don’t really care what other fans sing or if they stand at away games, Celtic fans is what bothers me because it’s keeping me away and hundreds of others away,

if your a terrorist lover which they are ,your a complete scumbag if you ask me, or stopping a younger fans or folk with disability’s from supporting their team… same result

tell them to go to New York and start singing about praising osama bin laden and all that lot and see what happens, there would be outrage and the person/ people singing would more than likely be shot, so why do it here?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea

Terrorist lover found.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Again don’t really care what other fans sing or if they stand at away games, Celtic fans is what bothers me because it’s keeping me away and hundreds of others away,

if your a terrorist lover which they are ,your a complete scumbag if you ask me, or stopping a younger fans or folk with disability’s from supporting their team… same result

tell them to go to New York and start singing about praising osama bin laden and all that lot and see what happens, there would be outrage and the person/ people singing would more than likely be shot, so why do it here?
Easy knowing you weren't brought up in the North of Ireland. Was Nelson Mandela a terrorist?

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic

With respect, you are looking at things in a completely black and white context. My God, anyone with a deep appreciation of the North as I do, will know the conflict was anything but black and white.

One man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
With respect, you are looking at things in a completely black and white context. My God, anyone with a deep appreciation of the North as I do, will know the conflict was anything but black and white.

One man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
Again why sing the songs at Celtic matches?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Easy knowing you weren't brought up in the North of Ireland. Was Nelson Mandela a terrorist?
Celtic play in Glasgow and around Scotland so even if I was which i wasn’t, why would that be relevant to Celtic?

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Again why sing the songs at Celtic matches?
Celtic have Irish roots. Celtic, as a club, faced massive discrimination particularly in their formative years. A lot of Celtic fans in Scotland have Irish relatives. Irish people faces oppression in their own country, Celtic fans in Scotland faced the same. These songs resonate with Irish and Scottish Celtic fans.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Celtic play in Glasgow and around Scotland so even if I was which i wasn’t, why would that be relevant to Celtic?
As referenced above, its rebelling against oppression with generations of Celtic fans in Ireland and Scotland faced.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Celtic as a club don’t want theese songs being sung so why go against the club so therefore shouldn’t be sung, that’s why the police interfere with the fans, then the fans blame the police, really don’t get that, if you’re doing what police, club whoever ask in first place then the police etc won’t have a problem, same with standing in stadia, the SFA ground regulations state you must be seated during matches, no blocking stairs, not being drunk or bringing in fireworks or flares and singing derogatory songs, the fans do all this, the police do something about it and somehow it’s the police, Peter Lawwell or the Celtic boards fault.

all that stuff about Bernard Higgins last year was embarrassing from the Celtic support,

not saying anymore on this matter.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Celtic as a club don’t want theese songs being sung so why go against the club so therefore shouldn’t be sung, that’s why the police interfere with the fans, then the fans blame the police, really don’t get that, if you’re doing what police, club whoever ask in first place then the police etc won’t have a problem, same with standing in stadia, the SFA ground regulations state you must be seated during matches, no blocking stairs, not being drunk or bringing in fireworks or flares and singing derogatory songs, the fans do all this, the police do something about it and somehow it’s the police, Peter Lawwell or the Celtic boards fault.

all that stuff about Bernard Higgins last year was embarrassing from the Celtic support,

not saying anymore on this matter.
They don't these songs but want your season tckt money and want you to spend your money on merchandise etc. Singing rebel songs is not illegal you know. Celtic fans have every right to express their cultural identity through songs so long as they are not doing anything illegal. If they are engaging in illegal activities, then the police / club should deal with them appropriately.

Celtic can't have it every way, please give us all of your disposal income but please only sing this song but that song as its a naughty song.

As I have previously stated, some of the horrendous and inexcusable stuff the IRA did was absolutely abhorrent but many Irish non Celtic fans sing rebel songs because it's part of our cultural identity. Nothing wrong with resisting oppression.

As you say, it's best to leave it at this stage, as you and I won't agree. You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, as am I.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
3 good goals today, thought Reo and Callum were brilliant again in middle of park, if was being picky the final ball could be better at times other than that no got too many complaints other than the fa… no going there again. On the semi we go

Hip Flexor problem for big Carl, hopefully he’s ok thought Yuki came on and did fine albeit had very little to do.

Last edited:

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
What a joy it is watching Celtic under Ange Postecoglue.

The players from Japan he has recruited have been a revelation.

Kyogo and Hatate especially. Hatate for me is the best technical player the league, his close control, ability to use his body to shield and his range of passing and shooting is a level above, makes the game look so effortless.

Kyogo is just sensational, an absolute talisman. His work rate and positioning is world class, ive never seen a player with movement like him. His backheel goal yesterday and his goal at the weekend were prime examples of his movement. You can see defenders backing off afraid of him now as they don't know where he is going to pop up.

Maeda is another player who has been brilliant with us , i genuinely think he has the highest work rate in world football. The man just doesn't stop sprinting, he's actually tiring to watch, he runs that much. His touch , passing and general technique can go awry at times but his pressing is absolutely invaluable , has won us many goals from his pressing, his goal vs The Rangers being a prime example. His touch and finish held up in that moment thankfully.

Another player we have signed who is looking good is the Canadian Alistair Johnston. He's a strong, fast , good at defending and has a decent cross on him for a full back. It's early but he looks like a massive upgrade from Josip Juranovic who was faster and had a better first touch but everything else Johnston seems better, especially defensively.

Really hope we can do the Treble this season. The football deserves it.

101 games / 256 goals. Under Anges tenure. Long may it continue, despite the Scottish medias best attempts to tout him for every job under the sun that isn't his own job.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
What a joy it is watching Celtic under Ange Postecoglue.

The players from Japan he has recruited have been a revelation.

Kyogo and Hatate especially. Hatate for me is the best technical player the league, his close control, ability to use his body to shield and his range of passing and shooting is a level above, makes the game look so effortless.

Kyogo is just sensational, an absolute talisman. His work rate and positioning is world class, ive never seen a player with movement like him. His backheel goal yesterday and his goal at the weekend were prime examples of his movement. You can see defenders backing off afraid of him now as they don't know where he is going to pop up.

Maeda is another player who has been brilliant with us , i genuinely think he has the highest work rate in world football. The man just doesn't stop sprinting, he's actually tiring to watch, he runs that much. His touch , passing and general technique can go awry at times but his pressing is absolutely invaluable , has won us many goals from his pressing, his goal vs The Rangers being a prime example. His touch and finish held up in that moment thankfully.

Another player we have signed who is looking good is the Canadian Alistair Johnston. He's a strong, fast , good at defending and has a decent cross on him for a full back. It's early but he looks like a massive upgrade from Josip Juranovic who was faster and had a better first touch but everything else Johnston seems better, especially defensively.

Really hope we can do the Treble this season. The football deserves it.

101 games / 256 goals. Under Anges tenure. Long may it continue, despite the Scottish medias best attempts to tout him for every job under the sun that isn't his own job.
Agree with all that. Think though if we get them in cup semi or final, game will be very tight.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Hearing no away fans at Celtic Park on 8th April.
Celtic went to Rangers to say it wasn’t working in terms of fan safety or fan experience.

We asked for a return to the normal allocation, which was refused.

Celtic then told Rangers we weren’t taking an allocation for Ibrox, and Rangers were getting zero tickets for Celtic Park.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Allocation will be sorted next season. Probably around 3k fans each which is reasonable.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
I think we will batter them in semi or final, won’t matter.
No chance we battwr them. 99% of Celtic fans said we'd batter them in LC final. I predicted a tight game and this will be even tighter in my opinion.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Would rather we kept it just home fan’s being honest
Every game needs away fans, it's only right away fans get to see their team.

Your desire, if it came to fruition, would be incredibly harsh on the away fans of both clubs who go everywhere to support their team and have done week in, week out, year in, year out, in many cases for 40, 50 or even 60 years. Going everywhere, all over in Scotland, week in, week out, to support their team, but can't see their team in the biggest away game of the season. It's incredibly unfair on them.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Every game needs away fans, it's only right away fans get to see their team.

Your desire, if it came to fruition, would be incredibly harsh on the away fans of both clubs who go everywhere to support their team and have done week in, week out, year in, year out, in many cases for 40, 50 or even 60 years. Going everywhere, all over in Scotland, week in, week out, to support their team, but can't see their team in the biggest away game of the season. It's incredibly unfair on them.
If only the fans would do what they are meant to do, the same fans that’s been going week in week for 30,40, 50 year like you have said can’t attend anymore because the fans won’t do as the SFA aground regulations state by using the seat provided, I find that incredibly harsh, do you not?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic are the better team and are significantly better to watch.

Beale absolutely messed up in the final though. 3 central midfielders who should have been nowhere near that game. When he finally changed it, the game was close.

At Ibrox, Rangers were the better team by a distance. I’m sure Celtic scored with their only two shots on target.

At Celtic Park though, Celtic always seem to turn Rangers over, especially when Abada plays against Barisic. He should start every Old Firm game.

I reckon Celtic will win the treble. The final will bean embarrassment for Scottish football as any of the two semi finalists will lost 4-0 or 5-0.

Scottish football should never allow 5 subs. Not in a league where two teams are significantly better than the rest of the competition. It has increased the gap to the point Celtic no longer lose or draw any games because of their bench options.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is 28 now so probably too old to get a move to the EPL. I don't think an EPL club would look at a striker who is nearly 30 that plays in Scotland.
Pretty much this. Maybe some Serie A top club or Atletico Madrid might take a chace on him. I do think EPL clubs will take a go on him, just not top4 clubs that usually target younger players with market hype.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
If only the fans would do what they are meant to do, the same fans that’s been going week in week for 30,40, 50 year like you have said can’t attend anymore because the fans won’t do as the SFA aground regulations state by using the seat provided, I find that incredibly harsh, do you not?
Where people sit has nothing to do with the impasse re away tckts, so not sure of the relevance of your point. Rangers started this nonsense by reducing the allocation. I was at Ibrox in Jan and Rangers fans were throwing coins and lighters down on top of us and 1 Celtic fan got a nasty gash. Celtic have told them now, no away fans because where we are situated is not safe, which is correct. Celtic are pushing hard for full broomloan back which is highly unlikely to be accepted unless Rangers become a poor team again whereby season tckt sales drop and then they will most likely give full allocation back.

To answer your question, yes, fans should sit where they are meant to sit, but, as stated, it's no relevance as to why there is friction between the clubs re tckts. U think if fans sat in their allocated seat, the tckt situation would be resolved?

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Pretty much this. Maybe some Serie A top club or Atletico Madrid might take a chace on him. I do think EPL clubs will take a go on him, just not top4 clubs that usually target younger players with market hype.
Can't see an EPL club taking him as he can't get in the Japanise squad. If he leaves, we'll get 10 plus million but I doubt he'll leave as he is too old and because of his age, Celtic won't get the money they will demand for him. They'll 15 to 20, but they won't get that.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Can't see an EPL club taking him as he can't get in the Japanise squad. If he leaves, we'll get 10 plus million but I doubt he'll leave as he is too old and because of his age, Celtic won't get the money they will demand for him. They'll 15 to 20, but they won't get that.
I actually can see a club like Burnley to fork 20/30 M next season for a player that will score them goals.
Smaller clubs need players for now, not for the future.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
If anyone is interested or looking for something to watch Celtic woman are live on sky at 7.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.