Scottish Football 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

Absolutely wild, couldn't believe it.

Discipline in football, from players and management and fans, is deteriorating quickly and they really need to get a handle on things soon. Madness.
crazy, I appreciate the actual contact was minimal, but you can't do that. The first SWPL game shown live on sky sports and this is what people will take away from it.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
crazy, I appreciate the actual contact was minimal, but you can't do that. The first SWPL game shown live on sky sports and this is what people will take away from it.
Yeah absolutely, minimal contact but it is irrelevant. The act itself was madness and should be thoroughly punished. As you said that's what people will remember.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
With respect to Celtic, Callum McGregor should be playing in the premier league. I’d love to see him against world class players.

He absolutely bossed the Spanish midfield last night. You could have swapped him and Rodri last night and Scotland would have been worse off.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
With respect to Celtic, Callum McGregor should be playing in the premier league. I’d love to see him against world class players.

He absolutely bossed the Spanish midfield last night. You could have swapped him and Rodri last night and Scotland would have been worse off.
He's fantastic from what I've seen. Looked the part even playing out of position against Real Madrid as well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He's fantastic from what I've seen. Looked the part even playing out of position against Real Madrid as well.
Agreed.

He was brilliant under Rodgers then fell off a cliff under Lennon. I thought he had peaked early and that was him on the way out.

Under Ange, he’s better than he’s ever been. An absolutely brilliant midfielder.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Have you ever seen a team benefit from VAR as much as Celtic? That decision to disallow Morelos goal is utterly embarrassing for Scottish football.

Swedish_Plumber

Have you ever seen a team benefit from VAR as much as Celtic? That decision to disallow Morelos goal is utterly embarrassing for Scottish football.
Very very soft. Rangers and Celtic both benefit wildly from ref decisions though. The fact they moan about each other is funny when they get the rub of the green against everyone else.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Some game this.

Referee has been ridiculous with his decisions against Rangers all game but Tavernier has kept them in it.

68cob

I often check the Scottish Premier league to see where Aberdeen are and was a little surprised to see they are third.

But, look at the goal differences! Celtic and Rangers with 75 and 46 respectively, while the rest apart from Hearts, have negative GD. That league is such a joke. Does any other country have that in their top division?

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I often check the Scottish Premier league to see where Aberdeen are and was a little surprised to see they are third.

But, look at the goal differences! Celtic and Rangers with 75 and 46 respectively, while the rest apart from Hearts, have negative GD. That league is such a joke. Does any other country have that in their top division?
Maybe not, but City have won four of the last five premier leagues and are the dominate team.

Money is a massive factor in modern football, as seen in the English, Scottish, Portuguese, Italian, German leagues etc not really a surprise anymore

68cob

Money is a massive factor in modern football, as seen in the English, Scottish, Portuguese, Italian, German leagues etc not really a surprise anymore
I suppose I haven't really taken much notice of GD for a while and see it was gradually going that way over a few years in the SP.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
League done now. Celtic were poor in patches but we got there in the end. Hatate was a big miss but we found a way. Mentality amongst the team is outstanding. Still hungover from another successful weekend in Glasgow. Scottish cup semi should be a cracker. I can see a goal victory to either team. We have to be slight favourites but it will be tight. Raskin was good for Rangers, to be fair. Alistair Johnstone was man of the match. Outstanding. Our 2 full backs played well. Kyogo is just brilliant. Fair dues to Tavernier. 100 goals is some achievement for a full back. Some free kick. I was right behind the goal. No keeper is saving that.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Combine Martin’s/Brendan’s and Ange’s team

Can use any formation

GK. Gordon
CH. Mjalby
CH. Carter Vickers
CH. Balde
LM. Sinclair
RM. Lubo
CM. Lambert
CM. McGregor
AM. Sutton
CF. Dembele
CF. Larsson

Subs
GK. Hart
LB. Tierney
CB. Erik (canny spell 2nd name)
LM. Thompson
RM. Roberts
CM. Hatate
CF. Hartson

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Gordon

Agathe
Johan Mjällby
Bobo balde
Thompson

Brown
Lennon
Petrov

Rogic

Sutton
Larsson

Subs:

McGregor
Tierney
Valgaeran
Hartson
Lennon
Moravcik
Maloney
Edouard

McGregor misses out to brown and Lennon due to them being better defensively.

Moravcik misses out to Rogic due to to recency bias and the longevity of Rogic, plus Rogic being the greatest Hunskelper of the last decade. The Funnel Webbed Sneijder, The Wizard of Oz, Sydney Zidane , The Antipodean Ardilles.

I would maybe drop Lennon or brown for Valgaeran and play 352 like the O'Neill used to.

The 2003 team is levels above any of our teams since (goalkeeper aside). Competing in a much stronger league with the real Rangers and got to a European final.
Only a select few since for me could push for a start. Brown, McGregor and Tierney . Picked 8 subs to include Edouard the best striker for me since Larsson ,Sutton and Hartson but not a chance he starts.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Split fixtures

Hearts a
Ibrox a
St Mirren h
Hibs a
Aberdee h

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Gordon
Agathe bobo CCV Tierney
Calmac
Petrov lubo McGeady
Larsson Sutton

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
That is possibly the worst defender I have ever seen. Rangers always do this against Celtic.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic win again when Rangers were the better team. Celtic don’t really have to turn up to be Rangers anymore.

The winning goal is up there with the worst defending I’ve ever seen.

Sakala’s miss is also up there with the worst you’re likely to see. An open goal.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
What a team Ange has built.

CCV and Starfelt were absolutely immense today.

Alistair Johnston has finished Ryan Kent, kent has absolutely zero belief he can get past him, out muscle him, out pace him or out think him.

Midfeild was a bit anonymous in stages , hatate being the main culprit, clearly wasn't match fit can't remember him running. Mooy really helped get us up the pitch when he came on.

Maeda , what a man, I've genuinely never seen any other footballer ever who can press effectively, consistently and as relentlessly as him and kyogo are so alert at all times to pounce on any poor touch or hesitation. For all Maeda runs though his technique does let him down regularly, brilliant for the goal ,the assist typifies him but could have had another assist if he had of gotten his cross to kyogo right to put him 1 v 1.

Didn't feel troubled at all that they were going to score, yes even when sakala had the open net, seen him miss from their weekly. Rangers whole tactic is chaos ball, hit it out wide to Tavernier or barasic and cross and hope for the best, Horrible football , unimaginative football. Was really unimpressed (and pleased) with raskin and cantwell. Raskin hides and just plays safe, cantwell tries hard and tries to get the crowd going but his decision making is shocking and his execution of passes is hilarious. Had 2 or 3 he just booted to no one whilst looking really calm and composed doin it. Tries to get stuck in but he's built like a Regal Filter.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
What a team Ange has built.

CCV and Starfelt were absolutely immense today.

Alistair Johnston has finished Ryan Kent, kent has absolutely zero belief he can get past him, out muscle him, out pace him or out think him.

Midfeild was a bit anonymous in stages , hatate being the main culprit, clearly wasn't match fit can't remember him running. Mooy really helped get us up the pitch when he came on.

Maeda , what a man, I've genuinely never seen any other footballer ever who can press effectively, consistently and as relentlessly as him and kyogo are so alert at all times to pounce on any poor touch or hesitation. For all Maeda runs though his technique does let him down regularly, brilliant for the goal ,the assist typifies him but could have had another assist if he had of gotten his cross to kyogo right to put him 1 v 1.

Didn't feel troubled at all that they were going to score, yes even when sakala had the open net, seen him miss from their weekly. Rangers whole tactic is chaos ball, hit it out wide to Tavernier or barasic and cross and hope for the best, Horrible football , unimaginative football. Was really unimpressed (and pleased) with raskin and cantwell. Raskin hides and just plays safe, cantwell tries hard and tries to get the crowd going but his decision making is shocking and his execution of passes is hilarious. Had 2 or 3 he just booted to no one whilst looking really calm and composed doin it. Tries to get stuck in but he's built like a Regal Filter.
Just hope we get a result at Ibrox because 5 games without a win for Beale against us heaps massive pressure on him start of next season. Great win. Just about recovered. Flight home to Dublin was delayed Sunday night but great day. A few of my mates ( fellow Irish Bhoys ) were attacked outside Rangers pub on Oswald Street- pub is called Oswalds in city centre about 5pm. 1 of them got a bit of a doing! Scumbags.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
How good is the Scottish Championship this season?

It is incredible that there is only one game left of the season and only one team in the league (Raith) know what division they’ll be playing in next season. Every other team has something to play for.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
How good is the Scottish Championship this season?

It is incredible that there is only one game left of the season and only one team in the league (Raith) know what division they’ll be playing in next season. Every other team has something to play for.
Even last season it went right to the wire. Arbroath so unlucky to not get promoted automatically.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Even last season it went right to the wire. Arbroath so unlucky to not get promoted automatically.
Yeah they ran out of steam and Killie were too strong in the end.

I hope Partick lose and Morton go up. Or Ayr and Inverness to draw and Morton to beat Cove.

Pintu

Title day for Celtic… Incredible season once again, with the Cup final coming up in June and a shot at another treble.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
What is Andy Walker crying about?

Blatant denial of a goal scoring opportunity and he thinks the ref shouldn't have sent him of as it will ruin the game, because it's been a good game so far. Surely ignoring the rules ruins the game more.

Hate that from commentators, if its a red send him off.

Curtis davies got sent off for the same thing in the match on directly before ours too , didn't hear the commentator saying he should have been allowed to stay to keep the numbers even.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Yaaaaaaaassssss

What a run and set up from Hatate.

Who else with the goal but Kyogo. Get the beers out Bhoys

Swedish_Plumber

What is Andy Walker crying about?

Blatant denial of a goal scoring opportunity and he thinks the ref shouldn't have sent him of as it will ruin the game, because it's been a good game so far. Surely ignoring the rules ruins the game more.

Hate that from commentators, if its a red send him off.

Curtis davies got sent off for the same thing in the match on directly before ours too , didn't hear the commentator saying he should have been allowed to stay to keep the numbers even.
Wasn’t a red card. He’s at an angle and there are players covering in the are he’s most likely to run into before the foul. Yellow was enough.

The Old firm constantly get a helping hand, particularly when they’re struggling in game. Then they cry foul at each other for getting all the decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.