Scottish Football Thread

Yagami

Good post resistant
Cheers. I did do a search for "Scottish" and saw this thread was from 2011! Didn't realise the same one was used every season.
Same!

After some searching this was the last used one despite there being individual threads for seasons before this one I believe.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't know if that was Rangers being excellent or Celtic being truly awful.

padzilla

Hipster
Don't know if that was Rangers being excellent or Celtic being truly awful.
If I was a Celtic fan I would be very nervous about the prospect of going into a season with Neil Lennon at the helm, especially with Rangers looking more competent than they have been in a long, long time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How good is James Tavernier? He's English, plays right full back right?

I just saw a stat although it's sportsbible, that he has 17 goals and 20 assists in 57 games. That sounds like a very good return.

arnie_ni

Defoe's wee stopover for the second was top class. Just knowing his surroundings

arnie_ni

I just saw a stat although it's sportsbible, that he has 17 goals and 20 assists in 57 games. That sounds like a very good return.
Don't watch enough to know but that stat can't be true for a rb?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Aye that'll be right. This season his output has been phenomenal. Takes all the set-pieces which boost those figures, but his right peg and attacking thrust is top notch. His main weakness is that he doesn't read the game that well at the back post.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
celtic need a new team. imagine dominating possession but still losing. rodgers team sucks.

neil lennon will deff bring in new players

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Aye. He's a popular appointment which should give him some more support that'll be inevitably needed when the going gets tough. Well deserved, he couldn't have done any more with Kilmarnock.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Does anyone reckon Keiran Tierney can make the step up to the PL?
Easily although the word is he's totally Celtic daft so he'd possibly turn down decent premier league moves unlike say VDV or Wanyama.

I think if Man. City come in for Ben Chilwell Leicester would go for him as a replacement.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What’s the stronger teams on the group? Third place gets you a playoff spot. Good luck to him.

poleglass red

Does anyone reckon Keiran Tierney can make the step up to the PL?
yeah no doubt, think he will be a massive success if he ever did leave. Had a fairly bad run with injuries of late though. Be very hard to pry him away from Celtic, but with him coming through the ranks, the club could make a very tasty profit of him.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic board doing their best to ruin Celtics day, and the treble treble, and have announced Lennon as permanent manager.

Luke1995

Is it too early to start talking about Karamoko Dembele yet ? He made his profesional debut on 19 May 2019 and could be a regular feature in the upcoming season.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Is it too early to start talking about Karamoko Dembele yet ? He made his profesional debut on 19 May 2019 and could be a regular feature in the upcoming season.
I saw a video of all his touches in the game v Hearts and he looked so composed and competent for his age, it was frightening.

Luke1995

I saw a video of all his touches in the game v Hearts and he looked so composed and competent for his age, it was frightening.
I just hope people don't buy that much of hype on him like they do with Rashford. Sometimes it can get to the player's head since they all have computers and phones.

But yeah, from the very little I managed to see from him in the youth system, he looks a real prospect, we just have to see how it will transfer to the profesional game.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I just hope people don't buy that much of hype on him like they do with Rashford. Sometimes it can get to the player's head since they all have computers and phones.

But yeah, from the very little I managed to see from him in the youth system, he looks a real prospect, we just have to see how it will transfer to the profesional game.
He looks so young as well. Most of the time when you get players of his age breaking through they look at least 18, whereas he looks and has the physique of an adolescent. You'd hope he has the right people surrounding him and a responsible family who will keep him grounded. Celtic seems an ideal club for him to develop at, they're so far ahead of the rest of the teams that they can afford to give him cameo appearances and they have a good history of developing young players.

Sky Blue Red

Congratulations to Oran Kearney on keeping St Mirren up. Wasn't a great match today but Dundee Utd offered very little. Hopefully he's still there next season.

Luke1995

He looks so young as well. Most of the time when you get players of his age breaking through they look at least 18, whereas he looks and has the physique of an adolescent. You'd hope he has the right people surrounding him and a responsible family who will keep him grounded. Celtic seems an ideal club for him to develop at, they're so far ahead of the rest of the teams that they can afford to give him cameo appearances and they have a good history of developing young players.
Yeah, absolutely. Celtic is a bit like Ajax in youth development, some clubs really value their own youngsters.

By the way, should we have any expectations about Rangers or Aberdeen closing the gap to them ?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, absolutely. Celtic is a bit like Ajax in youth development, some clubs really value their own youngsters.

By the way, should we have any expectations about Rangers or Aberdeen closing the gap to them ?
Aberdeen have no chance. We’re losing Shinnie this summer to Derby and he’s our best player. The signings we have been linked to are also very underwhelming. We don’t have anywhere near the budget to compete with those two.

Rangers will spend money and should improve. The gap will he closed as Celtic will 100% go backwards this summer now that they’ve appointed Lennon. I think rangers can win the league next season.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Moyes would've been dreadful but preferable. Next season will be too soon for Rangers though.
Rangers weren’t that far off this season. We took a lot of points off them which we won’t do next season. They also missed so many chances in some games, it’s unlikely to happen again so many times next season. They’ll improve this summer, Kent will be a loss but I imagine they’ll get another good loan signing from Liverpool.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
This season was a missed chance for Rangers. The defeat at Kilmarnock was key. Lennon being appointed brings it closer.

Also think key decisions went against them as well which played a huge part. Clear penalty on Tavernier in the 2-1 defeat at Celtic. That game could easily have been won with 10 men. A draw would have seen a 3 point swing.

Both games at Hibs they got robbed by the officials. Lafferty onside goal at Dundee. Morelos red card on opening day.

Had some decisions go for them such as Flanagan elbow. But that was still a yellow on appeal?

Appreciate Celtic fans think otherwise but from an outside point of view they get luck on that front. Perfect example is the Edouard dive on Sat in the cup final. This season has seen players cited and had yellow cards upgraded to reds yet Brown gets away with his actions regularly.

I still think Celtic are slight faves and unless Rangers sign 3-4 quality players Celtic will get 9 in a row.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Rumours flying around that Rangers might well be fecked again.